Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 01:54 PM

628 posts, read 658,290 times

Advertisements

16 pages in and we have the usual argument:

"right" proposes scientific studies, research,. There are cites to academic studies, medical reports, etc..

"left" simply says racism is bad and we are all equal. Emotion, everytime, is the only response.

To my friends on the "left" I can only say the world you were given is not the perfect, equal one. Just because you were brought up in schools that drilled into your head that we are all equals in every facet, or even worse, that there are no races, does not make it true. As has been shown to you in this thread and countless others is that you have been lied to.

Now, here is the interesting part, and the reason why we get nowhere. YOU ASSUME RACISM. Yet, in all of the "right" posts they offered science and statistics. I don't recall reading any posts which advocated for segregation, or any such measures.

What frustrates the "right" the most is that the "left" refuses to move away from their equality stance and actually try to fix the issues within our black community. By refusing to acknowledge the obvious you are forcing us to keep replaying the same game over and over. If the "left" continues to have its way i can assure that the white/black iq gap will continue and we will wind up having threads like this 50, 100 yrs from now.

Finally, to the "left," how come you can get behind the science of climate change and champion change there, but as soon as someone presents you with sound evidence that races exist you balk. Its absurd and it has to stop - for the good of all races.

Last edited by montydean; 09-12-2017 at 02:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 02:29 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,635,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post

"right" proposes scientific studies, research,. There are cites to academic studies, medical reports, etc..

"left" simply says racism is bad and we are all equal. Emotion, everytime, is the only response.

To my friends on the "left" I can only say the world you were given is not the perfect, equal one. Just because you were brought up in schools that drilled into your head that we are all equals in every facet, or even worse, that there are no races, does not make it true. As has been shown to you in this thread and countless others is that you have been lied to.

Now, here is the interesting part, and the reason why we get nowhere. YOU ASSUME RACISM. Yet, in all of the "right" posts they offered science and statistics. I don't recall reading any posts which advocated for segregation, or any such measures.

What frustrates the "right" the most is that the "left" refuses to move away from their equality stance and actually try to fix the issues within our black community. By refusing to acknowledge the obvious you are forcing us to keep replaying the same game over and over. If the "left" continues to have its way i can assure that the white/black iq gap will continue and we will wind up having threads like this 50, 100 yrs from now.

Finally, to the "left," how come you can get behind the science of climate change and champion change there, but as soon as someone presents you with sound evidence that races exist you balk. Its absurd and it has to stop - for the good of all races.
You mean the right IGNORES the studies and science presented by people on the left. When the left presents studies, the right seeks out ways to discredit them. To be fair, the left seeks out ways to discredit the rights arguments. However, the idea that the right is the only one presenting science and statistics is utterly absurd. for example....try this:

https://qz.com/502019/if-youre-white...cist-now-what/

Quote:
The majority of white people who take the implicit association test (IAT) for racial bias do demonstrate biases against dark-skinned people. In a 2007 study of over 2.5 million IAT responses, University of Virginia psychology professor Brian Nosek and colleagues reported that 68% of participants demonstrated negative implicit attitudes toward black people, dark skin, and black children. A 2010 follow-up study headed by Nosek revealed that despite the US election of its first black president, little had changed.
It all boils down to what people want to believe, as there are studies and counter studies. Again...racism is rooted in BELIEFS.....not studies. Studies and Science has nothing to do with why people are racist. People do not become racist by studying science, biology or statistics. Rather, racist try to use science, biology and statistics to rationalize their racism.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-12-2017 at 02:41 PM..

Old 09-12-2017, 02:32 PM

15,573 posts, read 10,281,072 times
https://twitter.com/allahpundit/stat...48488342683651

Americans are mostly morons. 1/4 of Americans can name the three branches of government. How uneducated does one have to be to not know the answer?

74% of Americans can't name the three branches of OUR government!

Last edited by texan2yankee; 09-12-2017 at 02:41 PM..

Old 09-12-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You mean the right IGNORES the studies and science presented by people on the left. When the left presents studies, the right seeks out ways to discredit them. To be fair, the left seeks out ways to discredit the rights arguments. However, the idea that the right is the only one presenting science and statistics is utterly absurd. for example....try this:

https://qz.com/502019/if-youre-white...cist-now-what/

It all boils down to what people want to believe, as there are studies and counter studies. Again...racism is rooted in BELIEFS.....not studies. Studies and Science has nothing to do with why people are racist. People do not become racist by studying science, biology or statistics. Rather, racist try to use science, biology and statistics to rationalize their racism.
that link/post is a joke right? Please, I am trying to keep this conversation high-level and productive.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:55 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,750,814 times
Quote:

You fail to recognize the innate potential in every human, which separates both liberals and conservatives from the determinist alt-right. Claiming that intelligence is based on skin pigmentation not only lacks empirical evidence, but it ignores the compounding variables in determining the basis of ones IQ. We've mapped the human genome - what we know is that humans often share more variations with members of different races than they do with their own race. Don't believe me, read this study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2752128/

Insofar as this is true, we have no reason to believe the heritability of intelligence has anything to do with a humans physical appearance. This comes without even addressing the serious moral deficit of people who believe groups are humans are destined to fail because they look a certain way.

Old 09-12-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
that link/post is a joke right? Please, I am trying to keep this conversation high-level and productive.
No more of a joke than the links that you could post to attempt to make your point. We can go back and forth in the battle of links and studies all day....my post will be a joke to you and yours will be a joke to me. However, at the end of the day all you and others are attempting to do is hold onto your beliefs in white supremacy/black inferiority.....because at the end of the day all either of us has are our BELIEFS....and as long as your position is a belief.....its RACISM. But of course......you are just misunderstood.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
No more of a joke than the links that you could post to attempt to make your point. We can go back and forth in the battle of links and studies all day....my post will be a joke to you and yours will be a joke to me. However, at the end of the day all you and others are attempting to do is hold onto your beliefs in white supremacy/black inferiority.....because at the end of the day all either of us has are our BELIEFS....and as long as your position is a belief.....its RACISM. But of course......you are just misunderstood.
Okay, so the undisputed facts are that:
blacks perform lower on tests (iq, sat, etc)
Blacks commit nearly 50% of all violent crime every year (they are 13% of population)
Blacks have lower earnings, less likely to hold degrees, more likely to be unwed mothers
Pre colonial blacks never invented writing, wheel, or built two story structure.
Blacks excel at sprinting and leaping (using Olympic, pro sports as reference)
Blacks have higher testosterone
Blacks have higher levels of MAOA gene and 2R allele ("warrior gene")

This is all fact. So according to you, by merely pointing all of this out, I'm racist and my views/solutions to the problem should be discredited?

Now, in order to combat these facts, the US (mostly by whites) instituted:

civ rights act;
Fair Housing Act
Affirmative action;
Affordable public housing
minority business loans;
equal employment laws
Black history month*
Corporate "diversity" initiatives
Black student clubs at universities
lower admission standards to college (including medical school)
Congressional black caucus
And yes, even the presidency.

Yet, the above statistics and facts persist. And your response to all of this is that it's a combination of culture and white racism? I'm sorry my friend, but at some point the "left" has to face the fact that blacks are just not like the rest of us.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Okay, so the undisputed facts are that:
blacks perform lower on tests (iq, sat, etc)
Blacks commit nearly 50% of all violent crime every year (they are 13% of population)
Blacks have lower earnings, less likely to hold degrees, more likely to be unwed mothers
Pre colonial blacks never invented writing, wheel, or built two story structure.
Blacks excel at sprinting and leaping (using Olympic, pro sports as reference)
Blacks have higher testosterone
Blacks have higher levels of MAOA gene and 2R allele ("warrior gene")

This is all fact. So according to you, by merely pointing all of this out, I'm racist and my views/solutions to the problem should be discredited?

Now, in order to combat these facts, the US (mostly by whites) instituted:

civ rights act;
Fair Housing Act
Affirmative action;
Affordable public housing
minority business loans;
equal employment laws
Black history month*
Corporate "diversity" initiatives
Black student clubs at universities
lower admission standards to college (including medical school)
Congressional black caucus
And yes, even the presidency.

Yet, the above statistics and facts persist. And your response to all of this is that it's a combination of culture and white racism? I'm sorry my friend, but at some point the "left" has to face the fact that blacks are just not like the rest of us.
A nation that has been racist in creating the problem is hardly not going to be racist in its pseudo implementation of a solution.

I do not know why you persist. Why are you continually making post demonstrating that you are a racist? Don't you think we have figured that out by now? What else do you want?

Old 09-12-2017, 05:53 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,710,354 times
Quote:
....Black people are lazier and less intelligent

Question: Why do Republicans/conservatives feel their party gets a bad rap for racism when opinion polls shows that its a deserved label? I believe that their is a disconnect because TRUTH is inherently unbiased and without prejudice and many conservatives believe that black innate inferiority is a truth....that liberals have made taboo to talk about.

She lost. Move on. Get over it.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:57 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,217,425 times
Quote:
A nation that has been racist in creating the problem is hardly not going to be racist in its pseudo implementation of a solution.

I do not know why you persist. Why are you continually making post demonstrating that you are a racist? Don't you think we have figured that out by now? What else do you want?
And Still Yet, the above statistics and facts persist. And your response to all of this is STILL that it's a combination of culture and white racism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies