Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 09:09 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It should be addressed by police and handled by the courts. If someone is then found guilty, then the college should deal with it. Otherwise, the only thing colleges should do is try to prevent it and provide counseling services.
I agree. I don't know why anyone would think a rape charge shouldn't be handled by LE, not the schools. This is exactly what got Baylor in severe trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 09:09 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Unfortunately the little ***** locked his account after that tweet, but it wasn't just "one" person. There were several people throwing a fit about anyone who mentioned "due process". According to them, there need not be any "due process" if she says it happened, IT HAPPENED and ol' Betsy Devos deserves just what Rancor suggested.

Here's an example:

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/st...35803637760000

Unfortunately, you cannot see the original tweet that Assange quoted because it's no longer there. Shocking.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:26 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
By the way, here's what she actually said, not what the lame liars in media told you she said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBe8R3AlD1U

Old 09-10-2017, 09:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That's a despicable thing to utter out loud. I don't know how that even formulates in a person's mind.
Ask a liberal. They seem to find it easy.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:03 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I agree. I don't know why anyone would think a rape charge shouldn't be handled by LE, not the schools. This is exactly what got Baylor in severe trouble.
I know, it's crazy.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:23 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
By the way, here's what she actually said, not what the lame liars in media told you she said:
It doesn't matter what she said. The lefties hate her.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:29 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
What is wrong with people like this? The Left seems to have gotten a green light to be violent when it comes to conservatives. Sicko!

You won't read this on Alt Left propaganda media.
Once again, conservatives take the word of ONE person and apply it to all democrats. The statement I bolded is a general statement about ALL democrats. It is a false statement.

I am a "leftist," and I am disgusted by the comments that attorney made about Devos. Highly inappropriate.

WHEN (if ever) WILL PEOPLE STOP MAKING GENERAL STATEMENTS AND ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT AN ENTIRE GROUP OF PEOPLE BASED ON WHAT ONE PERSON SAYS?!?!?!?!

Old 09-10-2017, 11:35 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Once again, conservatives take the word of ONE person and apply it to all democrats. The statement I bolded is a general statement about ALL democrats. It is a false statement.

I am a "leftist," and I am disgusted by the comments that attorney made about Devos. Highly inappropriate.

WHEN (if ever) WILL PEOPLE STOP MAKING GENERAL STATEMENTS AND ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT AN ENTIRE GROUP OF PEOPLE BASED ON WHAT ONE PERSON SAYS?!?!?!?!
Uhmmmmm......... You do see the irony, right?

But, yes, people engaging in these general assignment of (words, motives, thoughts, etc) is one of the reasons we are experiencing such strong discord in this nation right now.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:00 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Trump (who claims to be a conservative) said that, as a married man, he likes to grab women by the *****. I am not an idiot, so it is obvious to me that, just because one conservative married man said he likes grabbing women's genitals, doesn't mean all married conservative men grab women's genitals.

But one outspoken and rude democratic lawyer in Texas said that he'd be okay with Devos being sexually assaulted, obviously does not mean that every democrat would be okay with Devos being sexually assaulted.

But a false claim was made in the OP in order to push a heavily-biased agenda. And I'm aware that both sides do this. It's dishonest all around, and does nothing but further divide us.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:15 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Okay, now that that's out of our system, can we discuss what it is Betsy Devoss is fighting against? This is a serious issue.

https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...policy/538974/

https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...ssault/539211/

These are two articles in a three part series being written by Emily Yoffe at The Atlantic. It really is an injustice what is happening on college campuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies