Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 02:59 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
When I gone to high school there was some people that did drugs and the very most some people did soft drugs.

Now days drug use is so rampant now in the schools and if that is not enough, teens these days are messing around with hard drugs now in the schools like cocaine, crack, meth and pills and so on.

When I was in school hardly no one touch the hard drugs like cocaine, crack, meth and pills and so on.

Now day it so rampant and people messing around with it young age. Why so many teens and 20's old's now days doing it.

What has changed and what is going on?
Perhaps because drug use is becoming more the normal in our society, basically socially acceptable. Parents are doing drugs more then they did 20, 30 and more years ago and kids think that since their parents, teachers, politicians, etc. are going it, it must be ok. Weed is a drug. If that's ok then K2 is good, gravel is good, bath salts is good, and the list goes on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 03:07 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
This is not new. In the late 60s and early 70s, there were 'uppers', 'downers', LSD, pot, 'smack' etc. You either stay away from it, out grow it or die from it.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:25 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Well may be teens across the country it is down but I doubt that the case in the city than the suburbs. never mind cities like Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Portland and Los Angeles where drug use still very high in those cities. And those cities still have large hood.
Actually, once again, that's the blinders. Suburban drug use among juveniles has long been higher than in urban areas, largely because they're the ones that can afford it. I went to a poorer high school. There was definitely some alcohol and marijuna but not much hard drug usage. I also new and played sports with with a lot of the kids in the wealthier schools. There was a lot more harder substance abuse at those parties simply because more people could afford it. Mostly cocaine, LSD, and MDMA. Meth was the exception there. I saw more meth in the poor areas of town than I did at the more wealthy ones or when I was in college. College it was almost all MDMA.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Well may be teens across the country it is down but I doubt that the case in the city than the suburbs. never mind cities like Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Portland and Los Angeles where drug use still very high in those cities. And those cities still have large hood.
But you don't know do you? You made a claim that drug use is rampant, data was provided that proved that claim was incorrect you want to shift the conversation to drug use in cities vs suburbs?

Ok, but let's look at the data for your latest claim:

"...These issues are exacerbated by changes in use patterns that have seen a dramatic increase in the use of illicit drugs in rural and sub-urban areas —a change that (perhaps relatedly) locates problems of addiction and drug-related harms in those regions where overall health care infrastructure is struggling to remain viable. As a result, and in ways not seen before, rural drug use has come to urgent national attention. Data on rural drug use and its harms justify this attention. Methamphetamine use in Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Missouri now rivals any region in the US Substance abuse treatment needs in rural states dwarf available services, and overdose rates in rural states in the Central Plains exceed 30 deaths per 10,000 residents in some rural counties . Arrest data for cocaine, methamphetamine, or heroin possession in rural counties in the region are similar to urban zones with similar patterns of drug use such as Maricopa County Arizona, and Dallas, Texas ."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5119476/

Old 09-11-2017, 04:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
So much fake news, so little time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies