Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 08:30 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,590,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
But he is still the President of the United States of America. So just suck it up.
Yep.

Doesn't matter if his net worth is $1.....or even negative......doesn't make him any less the President. I don't like Trump, and I would never vote for him, but the fact that his being POTUS upsets some progressives so much is a plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 09:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Is anyone's situation the same as 27 years ago?
Yours probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Well played Redwood, well played...

He definitely has assets that would suggest he is a billionare however we really have to solid idea of what liability and debts he is carrying. He is also insanely real estate heavy. So when real estate rises and falls his wealth will be more volatile than a Bloomberg, Cuban or Buffet. Given his fathers wealth- 450 million at death if what I have read is correct- simply investing his portion in an index fund would have made him a billionaire.
That's twice as much as what I've read his dad's net worth was. Granted, his dad was a multimillionaire in an era where billionaires were extremely rare.

That said, Trump has said that he's worth 10 billion, and his campaign was launched on the idea that we need a successful business man in office. So where are the billions, and where is the success? I don't see it.

What I see is a guy that loses other people's money while barely being able to manage his own.

So if anyone is looking for parallels in competence based on his business experience, they ain't gonna find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
In the past 27 years I've managed to increase my net worth by 500%. Maybe Trump did the same, eh?
How'd you do that? With a username and password?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yep.

Doesn't matter if his net worth is $1.....or even negative......doesn't make him any less the President. I don't like Trump, and I would never vote for him, but the fact that his being POTUS upsets some progressives so much is a plus.
Stop. You like Trump and you voted for him.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Dear God, you dig up a 27 year old video to rehash a subject that has already been beaten to death.

You don't think Trump is a billionaire, numerous sources using actual data disagree with you.

I guess the haters have to resort to this because everything else has failed.
Beaten to death? Uhhhhh....no. People are still saying that he's a billionaire successful businessman, and I want the evidence. That SHOULD be beaten to death, but it's been ignored. I'm not about to ignore it just like you didn't ignore birthrism.

Where is the proof of his ten billion dollar wealth? I wanna see it.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Look who the OP is....would you expect anything else from him....of course 27 years ago is 100% crediable today, in the leftist minds heads....

And before you go off double little d....

I'm from Alabama, in flyover country (as you) and I don't care what you think....how is that for preempting.....so flail away....
This ain't about trailer park Bammers.

You guys put Dubya in office because he was supposedly a successful businessman too. He wasn't...more like a failed oilman that couldn't find oil if he pulled the drain plug on his car's oilpan!

This is a pattern with you Repubs, and I don't plan to just pretend that it isn't.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:11 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Who in the WORLD cares about anyone's finances in 1990?
Trump did. He was constantly telling anyone who would listen, how smart, successful and rich he was.

Kinda like he's doing today.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:46 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,647,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Dear God, you dig up a 27 year old video to rehash a subject that has already been beaten to death.

You don't think Trump is a billionaire, numerous sources using actual data disagree with you.

I guess the haters have to resort to this because everything else has failed.
WRONG.

the other stuff has not failed at all, i am shocked you don't know that? do you limit yourself to infowars or something?

we have an independent counsel conducting a large investigation into Trump and his teams actions during and after the 2016 election. huge amounts of dirt have surfaced . we have told you it may take a couple of years to complete, but the house of Trump is in real trouble. they lied and got caught now it is just a question who rats out who before they all go down.

and better still states are getting involved to ensure Trump cannot pardon offenders. To me it is a delight ,so much more than i could have hoped for.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Who in the WORLD cares about anyone's finances in 1990?
The same people that cared about what Kerry did in Vietnam. Or what Clinton did in his college days. Or what Bush did during his military service. Or Hillary in Whitewater. Or Obama's girlfriend before he met Michelle.

But care about Trump's finances in the past? Naaaaaaaah...totally irrelevant, right?

Nope.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:01 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
WRONG.

the other stuff has not failed at all, i am shocked you don't know that? do you limit yourself to infowars or something?

we have an independent counsel conducting a large investigation into Trump and his teams actions during and after the 2016 election. huge amounts of dirt have surfaced . we have told you it may take a couple of years to complete, but the house of Trump is in real trouble. they lied and got caught now it is just a question who rats out who before they all go down.

and better still states are getting involved to ensure Trump cannot pardon offenders. To me it is a delight ,so much more than i could have hoped for.
States can't do that. Trump can pardon people just like every president before him. Like or not, Arpaio isn't as bad as this guy pardoned by Obama.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.bcd167483923

Old 09-12-2017, 01:30 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,350,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The same people that cared about what Kerry did in Vietnam. Or what Clinton did in his college days. Or what Bush did during his military service. Or Hillary in Whitewater. Or Obama's girlfriend before he met Michelle.

But care about Trump's finances in the past? Naaaaaaaah...totally irrelevant, right?

Nope.
(G.W.)Bush put in slightly more time than was required in the Texas Air National Guard and received an honorable discharge as a 1st Lt.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:46 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,891,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
In 1990, Trump was no Conservative Republican, nor was he a politician, so you can't say that this was some media driven lefty partisan attack on a Republican. Forget about it. In fact, he was a liberal by all accounts.

I've said time and time again that Trump isn't a billionaire. I've seen no evidence of it, and neither has anyone else that I know of...at least, not anyone with the full picture of his finances. Such billionaires as Mark Cuban and Mike Bloomberg have made it very clear that they don't believe that he's anywhere close to being a billionaire. Trump is obviously hiding something. Sure, we know what he owns, but no one...Forbes included (who estimated that he's worth 3.5 billion), knows what his debts are. And without that info, no real estimate can be trusted.

Not to mention that he had to sell some assets in order to raise campaign cash. He's got no real liquidity that I've heard of.

This video is VERY interesting. So all of you who claim that Trump really is a billionaire, what do you place against this?

instead of going to videos that are 27 years old, how about looking at things that are more up to date, like trumps FEC filing on his personal and business assets. forbes suggested that they were exaggerated, but trump claimed ten billion net worth at the time, forbes said more like 3.5 to four billion.

you dont like trump and i get that, i am not a huge fan of his either, but i will at elast give crdit where credit is due. until you come up with something that is not anti-trump that proves he is not a billionaire, i will at least listen, until then not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies