Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 12:29 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times

Advertisements

Just when you think Hillary couldn't get any dumber, or more delusional, she somehow does. And leftists actually wanted this madness running the country.

Hillary Clinton: Lesson of George Orwell’s ‘1984’ is to trust ‘leaders, the press, experts’

Old 09-16-2017, 02:01 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Yep. Either Hillary and her editors didn't know what 1984 was about or they took a cue from the "Ministry of Truth" and deliberately twisted the message around to its opposite. I created a topic on this a few days ago and a nice discussion was going until mods helpfully placed it in the middle of an enormous thread full of chatter about everything Hillary. This link appears to go to my original post, now on page 17 or that thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post49502548

Old 09-16-2017, 03:36 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
Well, inverting the meaning of the book is right in line with the inverted values of "the Party."

War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

And when we say "the party," we could be talking about Oceana or the Democrats equally. They have become indistinguishable.

Also, it fits with the theme of Hillary's career:

-"Co-president" without ever being elected.
-Senator without ever passing any legislation.
-Secretary of State while actively working for the other guys
-"Inevitable" while blowing two elections.
-Feminist who attacks women, gravy trains her husband, and laughs about defending the rapist of a 12 years old girl
-And now, book critic without being required to read the books.

In other news, dog bites man.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:18 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yep. Either Hillary and her editors didn't know what 1984 was about or they took a cue from the "Ministry of Truth" and deliberately twisted the message around to its opposite. I created a topic on this a few days ago and a nice discussion was going until mods helpfully placed it in the middle of an enormous thread full of chatter about everything Hillary. This link appears to go to my original post, now on page 17 or that thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post49502548

That happened with what became 'the long Harvey thread' as well.

Later, I was about 20 pages behind 'keeping abreast' of the front/latest on that Harvey thread, went to look for it to catch up.....and that entire thread was gone.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Personally, I think she's right on all of those.

There are many reasons I'd never vote for Bernie, but the nail in the coffin was absolutely when he said that abortion rights were a distraction from "serious" issues, and since then has also promoted the idea that the Democratic party should support anti-choice Democrats. Nope, not, never, ever.
They are a distraction as the Supreme Court is NOT going to over turn them. They've had plenty of chances to do so and haven't come close. Besides, if RvW was overturned, that does not make abortions illegal.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I've been wondering what Huma was up to these days. Apparently, still out defending Clinton (that's a joke by the way, in case you demand PROOF).

All of what I wrote was opinion. Personal attacks aside, I'm entitled to that. The fact that you got so worked up about it really says a lot, however. As does that fact that you feel free to impart your opinion, yet attack mine.

Carry on............
She's been busy in divorce court. She learned from Hillary's mistakes.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
many still blaming misogyny for Clinton's dislike

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...inton-misogyny
I voted for a female for president. It just wasn't Hillary.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:20 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And Bernie didn't remotely run a clean campaign, he ran a sleazy campaign, that's a documented fact, not an allegation. Stealing campaign data, lying about endorsements that were not received, campaign workers pretending to be union workers to infiltrate meetings, and of course the fact that he was an Independent who lied about being a Democrat and then admitted he only ran as a Dem because he knew he'd get more money and more publicity that way.
Bernie has never claimed to be a Democrat. The D Party just let him run as token resistance so that Hillary would have "Competition" and keep stronger candidates from filling the void.

Little did the Party know Bernie would have the following he had and cause people to stay away from the voting booth.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:38 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Well, inverting the meaning of the book is right in line with the inverted values of "the Party."

War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength
Lol...you beat me to it. With "leaders" like Hillary this country is never going to get it's head out of it's keister.

Imagine what a disaster this country would be if she'd been elected.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:49 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
Did any of you actually read the context of her quote? If you did, I'm sorry your schooling failed you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies