Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 05:50 AM

57,411 posts, read 26,339,824 times

Advertisements

While he may be correct in that this week may be a bad time it should have been discussed when they backed out of the Paris Climate Accord. Trump claimed he was doing what was right for America, somehow this doesn't appear to be working out well for America.

So when is the right time Scottie, next month next year or never. When do we get down to the scientific facts as you understand them that indicates increased fossil fuel emissions doesn't have anything to do with climate change. Maybe you can come up with some scientific evidence that rolling back emissions on fossil fuels is a good thing for our country.

Quote:
Washington (CNN)Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt told CNN in an interview about Hurricane Irma on Thursday that the time to talk about climate change isn't now.

"Here's the issue," Pruitt told CNN in a phone interview. "To have any kind of focus on the cause and effect of the storm; versus helping people, or actually facing the effect of the storm, is misplaced."

He continued: "What we need to focus on is access to clean water, addressing these areas of superfund activities that may cause an attack on water, these issues of access to fuel. ... Those are things so important to citizens of Florida right now, and to discuss the cause and effect of these storms, there's the... place (and time) to do that, it's not now."
Scott Pruitt on Irma: Not time to talk climate change - CNNPolitics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 05:57 AM

45,266 posts, read 26,522,131 times
When? The 5th of never is the date I have written down.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:01 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,411,244 times
Scott Pruitt is nothing more than a lapdog for the fossil fuel industry. He is a fiasco for this country and all those that believe that big polluters should be held accountable for the harm they do.

Action on climate change can't wait. Unfortunately, for us the tweetle dum and twitter dumber are in power to the detriment of us all.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:02 AM

16,766 posts, read 8,239,624 times
Considering Pruitt's changes to EPA regulations, it is past time for the discussion.

For those of the right god, may be punishing us for failing to protect the planet he provided for us.,

Old 09-12-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Scott Pruitt is nothing more than a lapdog for the fossil fuel industry. He is a fiasco for this country and all those that believe that big polluters should be held accountable for the harm they do.

Action on climate change can't wait. Unfortunately, for us the tweeter dum and tweetle dummer are in power to the detriment of us all.
yeah if we could just get a lap dog for the environazis in there. Better luck next election.
Property rights anyone?

Old 09-12-2017, 06:06 AM

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
yeah if we could just get a lap dog for the environazis in there. Better luck next election.
Property rights anyone?
Do property rights give you the power to put a dumpsite next to a school? Do they give you the right to poison the water supply at my expense? Do they give you the right to give my child cancer for your profit?

Old 09-12-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Do property rights to be you the power to put a dumpsite next to a school? Do they give you the right to poison your water supply by dumping pains in his? Do they give you the right to give my child cancer for your profit?
They sure dont. You damage my property, I'm compensated and you're punished.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
They sure dont. You damage my property, I'm compensated and you're punished.
Yes, I can sue you for damages.. .maybe. Congress has been enacting legislation to shield companies from their misfeasance and negligence. Do you support that?

I would also add that lawsuit are usually reactive when it comes to monetary damages., to wit:

My child gets cancer because Company X dumped toxins in the river. Provided that Company X is not shielded from liability I get a monetary judgement. My kid still has cancer and dies.

What good is money. My only protection is to stop company x from polluting and putting in and enacting environmental regs to protect us all.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:33 AM

57,411 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
Property rights anyone?
I wouldn't equate fossil fuel restrictions on power plants to eco terrorism. Scott Pruitt seems to think we have gone to far, this week should tell you we are well short.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:21 AM

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times
It'll be a fun winter with every blizzard and deep freeze being blamed on global warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies