Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:05 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Police have far more important things than looting to concentrate on right now. If I lived in one of those flooded cities and learned police were wasting time and resources trying to catch people stealing shoes and tvs, Id be demanding answers from the mayor.

All the looted items are covered by insurance and hello, its a flood, they are going to be destroyed by water and written off anyway!

I have a sneaky feeling insurance companies are pressuring police to get involved, property and money mean more to them.
Here's another one with a convenient moral compass. Illustrative of the downfall of our country in a few sentences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 10:12 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Sorry RedZin, but your view is illustrative of a very big problem in America. The absurd willingness and ability to rationalize law-breaking.

Because this or that is happening, it's OK to STEAL. Because someone really needed new sneakers and nobody is around to stop them, it's OK to STEAL them. Oh right, because a store owner might have insurance, we should all just go STEAL their stuff.

A woeful lack of of moral compass, this country has.
^ A good deal of these stores didn't really suffer much damage until these savages ripped the press board off, gained illegal entry and stole everything is site leaving the store open to the elements. Anyone that has been through a disaster like this knows everything isn't going to be covered. It's just not.

We had to fight the bank/insurance comp for almost a year after we got flooded. After it was all said and done we had to BK anyway.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:13 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
If I lived in one of those flooded cities and learned police were wasting time and resources trying to catch people stealing shoes and tvs, I'd be demanding answers from the mayor.
If the opposite were true, if they were turning a blind eye to it, tacitly approving of it, I'd be wanting answers.
Quote:
All the looted items are covered by insurance and hello, its a flood, they are going to be destroyed by water and written off anyway!
Covered by insurance? Maybe, partially... how is that possibility any justification for theft?

Destroyed? That is not assured at all. We're not talking about starving people in Houston taking a modicum of produce from a heavily flooded grocery store before it spoils to feed children.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:26 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
My point was that every time a minority is arrested or even stopped by police, the far Left cries racism and White Supremacy. What message is that sending? Yup, that they feel minorities should be able to break laws with impunity and NEVER be stopped or questioned by police because you know, that's racist and white supremacy.
I am white, not a member of the "far Left" and your generalization that "every time a minority is arrested or even stopped by police, the far Left cries racism and White Supremacy" and that "they feel minorities should be able to break laws with impunity and NEVER be stopped or questioned by police" is frankly, ridiculous, as many generalizations are.

I do not know where you live, but I can tell you that here in Florida, one is much more likely to be pulled over if one is black. I see all kinds of truly horrific drivers on the road where I live, but when you see people that are pulled over, two out of three are black.

Nobody is saying that anyone should be immune from being arrested for breaking the law, or that looting is right--it's not (unless you need food or water for survival and can get it no other way) but if you don't think whites are treated differently by law enforcement, I think you are wrong.

The overuse of the words "Every, Always and Never" by those criticizing others, also sends the wrong message.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:17 AM

672 posts, read 811,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I am white, not a member of the "far Left" and your generalization that "every time a minority is arrested or even stopped by police, the far Left cries racism and White Supremacy" and that "they feel minorities should be able to break laws with impunity and NEVER be stopped or questioned by police" is frankly, ridiculous, as many generalizations are.

I do not know where you live, but I can tell you that here in Florida, one is much more likely to be pulled over if one is black. I see all kinds of truly horrific drivers on the road where I live, but when you see people that are pulled over, two out of three are black.

Nobody is saying that anyone should be immune from being arrested for breaking the law, or that looting is right--it's not (unless you need food or water for survival and can get it no other way) but if you don't think whites are treated differently by law enforcement, I think you are wrong.

The overuse of the words "Every, Always and Never" by those criticizing others, also sends the wrong message.
I've read a lot of your posts and "Every, Always and Never" are typed by you on many occasions with your criticisms of conservatives. You certainly aren't espousing centralist type statements or retorting peoples comments with neutrality or moderate views. Your views in today's world are certainly far left no-matter how many times you state they aren't.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
I've read a lot of your posts and "Every, Always and Never" are typed by you on many occasions with your criticisms of conservatives. You certainly aren't espousing centralist type statements or retorting peoples comments with neutrality or moderate views. Your views in today's world are certainly far left no-matter how many times you state they aren't.
Your off-topic, ad hominem attack is duly noted. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:01 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,465 times
Quote:
Police have far more important things than looting to concentrate on right now. If I lived in one of those flooded cities and learned police were wasting time and resources trying to catch people stealing shoes and tvs, Id be demanding answers from the mayor.

I have a sneaky feeling insurance companies are pressuring police to get involved, property and money mean more to them.
That Foot Locker store wasn't flooded nor the parking lot where loads of them parked their cars.
And they didn't even wait for the hurricane to pass..they were looting during the hurricane.

Seems obvious that you did not watch the video.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:15 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
The use of "oh its covered by insurance, or was going to be ruined anyway, or police have better things to do" is total BS. Wrong is wrong and none of those excuses is justification for stealing. None of them. Keep allowing law breakers to break the law, or make any excuse for their behavior and we will have a country of animals. You won't like it when they are at your door demanding you give them your sh*t while you are home.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:17 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I swear, Leftists truly believe that minorities should be able to break the law with impunity.
All leftists?

Old 09-12-2017, 02:19 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:

A thief is a criminal. When you make a claim on insurance, you never get all your costs back, and they 'might' raise your rates or cancel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies