Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:25 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
OP claims the teenagers are white but the reports don't say that. Where did you get that from OP?
False statement. As the OP, I didn't claim anything. Nice try, though.

Matter of fact, I made sure that I said in the OP that I would not offer any personal opinions or assumptions. I simply posted excerpts from the story and links to various articles, to include a conservative news outlet Fox news.

The claim that it was white teenagers who put a rope around the boy's neck was from the AOL article.
From the AOL article:
Quote:
An 8-year-old biracial boy's family claims a group of white teens attempted to hang him
So if you would like to accuse the 8-year old boy (and victim) of lying about the attack being racially motivated, so be it. But I did NOT claim the teenagers were white. Though I'm sure that's what you'd like people to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 10:26 AM

1,078 posts, read 938,265 times
I heard nothing about this - that poor boy! I hope there is a thorough investigation and justice, there is absolutely no excuse for one person or group hanging another. So whether the motivation was indeed racial or not, it was certainly criminal and needs to be prosecuted.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:27 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Congratulations, you now qualify as racial fearmonger.

How do you or any of us know what was happening between those kids? And you're going to trusty the slutty media to honestly inform you? That's another problem. Admitting the problems are the first step.
I don't see anything in the OP that qualifies as "racial fear mongering". You are reaching quite a bit there.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:31 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Well the articles are inconsistent. They state there were no adult witnesses yet they quote the grandma on what happened (boys putting a rope from a swing around their necks then her grandson getting pushed off a table with the rope around his neck) then the mom gives a different account (white boys hung my son from a tree and he was flown to the hospital) which she later removed from FB. Pushed of a pick nick table or hung from a tree. An accident of intentional, white teens (8-14 years old) or no race specified? Sounds like racial fear mongering on someones part to me. We should wait until more facts come out before forming an opinion.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:34 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Why start this thread?

Do you assert this is a one sided issue: white against black? I'm sure you are aware there are recent heinous crimes committed by black citizens against white citizens.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:36 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Why such a combative tone? Thevibe of your response comes off angry.

I guess you missed (or chose to ignore) where the account of what happened was a direct quote from the boy's grandmother? A direct quote from the boy's grandmother is not "fake news" from the "slutty media."

Also, do you consider Fox News as part of the "slutty media?" Because they covered the story and I linked the article to their website. Here is the link to this story on the Fox News website if you missed it:

FOX NEWS: Family: Biracial boy pushed off table with rope around neck | Fox News
I stand by what I said. You are perpetuating something that the slutty media willfully contorts for their own purposes (to hook people like yourself into believing them and promoting their media, which you did, and they thank you for carrying their water)

Was Grandma hanging with those kids in the 10 minutes prior to the incident to know what was happening between them? I'm guessing not. Kids fight and disagree about all kinds of things and went it gets heated the name-calling begins. I remember it well, kids would come up with the lowest thing they could think of to call the kid they were mad at and it may have nothing to do with what created the dispute in the first place.

You are assisting in racial fearmongering with no actual evidence. Your standards are low.

P.S. Sure, Fox can be scummy too.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:40 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Congratulations, you now qualify as racial fearmonger.

How do you or any of us know what was happening between those kids? And you're going to trusty the slutty media to honestly inform you? That's another problem. Admitting the problems are the first step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I don't see anything in the OP that qualifies as "racial fear mongering". You are reaching quite a bit there.

Thanks for that, Timmyy. I thought it was just me that found the response odd LOL.

Notice how the person you quoted didn't say anything about what happened. Happy that the boy will be okay, sad that it happened at all, or hopes that the kids who attacked him are caught, etc.

No sympathy, no demand for justice, nothing. Didn't even address the incident at all. They just quoted me to attack me personally.

Tells you a lot.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:47 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Thanks for that, Timmyy. I thought it was just me that found the response odd LOL.

Notice how the person you quoted didn't say anything about what happened. Happy that the boy will be okay, sad that it happened at all, or hopes that the kids who attacked him are caught, etc.

No sympathy, no demand for justice, nothing. Didn't even address the incident at all. They just quoted me to attack me personally.

Tells you a lot.
lmao..What you aren't telling anyone is that you used the SINGLE article that mentioned white kids in your title. You knew exactly what you were doing. BTW, the reason people aren't saying more is because there are NO facts about this. What someone's Grandmother says who wasn't even there is meaningless.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:53 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao..What you aren't telling anyone is that you used the SINGLE article that mentioned white kids in your title. You knew exactly what you were doing. BTW, the reason people aren't saying more is because there are NO facts about this. What someone's Grandmother says who wasn't even there is meaningless.
you are correct to point out that pretty much everything we supposedly know about this situation comes from a person who a) may very well have an agenda, and b) wasn't even there.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:56 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you are correct to point out that pretty much everything we supposedly know about this situation comes from a person who a) may very well have an agenda, and b) wasn't even there.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies