Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 05:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's because Trump is the least mentally stable person to hold the office.

That said, presidents can have their decisions questioned. Trump can't just wake up one day and decide to Nuke someone.
YES HE CAN. HE CAN.

There is no one and nothing to stop him. He could do it because NK released the Pee-Pee tape. He could do it for no reason at all.

He can do it. Everyone agrees on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 05:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Truman, a Democrat, and the only President to have ever used atomic weapons, set the precedent.
Truman was emotionally stable as a human being. The current president is not.

Big difference.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:06 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hopefully you know a bit about history. ----

You should take some time to educate yourself in the complexities of life.
Ad hominem fallacy.

Argument based on logic & fact don't require such tactics.
Quote:
Not my job.
So you simply made up what you said.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:07 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Truman was emotionally stable as a human being. The current president is not.

Big difference.
Bingo. It's astonishing how triggered and obnoxious people get on here when we express that. Yes, we're uncomfortable with someone with Trump's unstable temperament having access to the big red button.

Btw I find it absolutely ****ing comical that people are trolling me in the rep points for my comments in this thread. It's the same old, same old "deal with it!" "shut up!" "go away!" "nobody cares!" If you're going to be hostile at least be cleverly snarky about it.

Quote:
YES HE CAN. HE CAN.

There is no one and nothing to stop him. He could do it because NK released the Pee-Pee tape. He could do it for no reason at all.

He can do it. Everyone agrees on that.
I am praying to god the pee-pee tape is real. I will die laughing

Old 09-14-2017, 05:10 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Truman was emotionally stable as a human being. The current president is not. Big difference.
LOL

Truman started the Korean war. (let that sink in)

And Truman authorized the release of more nuclear bombs to be used in the Korean war. A state of war that officially still exists today. MacArthur and Lemay were going to use them to level China.

What war has Trump started?

Yeah I thought so.

(more fun than a barrel of monkeys)

Old 09-14-2017, 05:50 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the president CANNOT launch nuclear weapons by himself, all he can do is give the launch authorization to launch the weapons.
I think we all understand he doesn't literally stand there and turn the keys himself.

But the Commander in Chief is the only one authorized to order it and this has to be this way. Who else should possibly be allowed to make that call or override the order? You going to get Congress together and let them squabble about it for few weeks?

Old 09-14-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
You guys are funny. You actually think Trump just pushes a button and nuclear missiles fly into the sky?

The President just authorizes the launching of nuclear missiles. He does so by verbally saying something to the effect of "General, launch a crap-load of nuclear missiles. Right now!"

Then that order is relayed down the chain of command to men with keys on a chain around their neck who initiate a computer sequence that launches missiles from either submarines or ground silos.
The keys are locked in a safe I'm pretty sure. There is a complex routine that is gone through to unlock the safe.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What war has Trump started?
American troops on the ground in Syria?
MORE new Troops in Afghanistan?
WAR in Yemen (dead Americans there...)

War against our 4th estate?

War against the FBI and CIA?

War against the environment?

I could probably come up with a lot more.....but that's 20 seconds worth. This is fun.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
The keys are locked in a safe I'm pretty sure. There is a complex routine that is gone through to unlock the safe.
"About five minutes may elapse from the president’s decision until intercontinental ballistic missiles blast out of their silos, and about fifteen minutes until submarine missiles shoot out of their tubes. Once fired, the missiles and their warheads cannot be called back."

Old 09-14-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
"About five minutes may elapse from the president’s decision until intercontinental ballistic missiles blast out of their silos, and about fifteen minutes until submarine missiles shoot out of their tubes. Once fired, the missiles and their warheads cannot be called back."
Yes, and?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies