Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 11:54 PM

983 posts, read 738,873 times

Advertisements

It's a huge thing that gets talked about. Minorities/women complain about "white privilege/male privilege" etc. but if the roles were reversed do you think these same people would care? If we lived in a world where blacks were the dominating force and got all the good stuff and white people got totally screwed, would you see them doing everything they can to combat "black privilege"? If women were dominating, had all the nice stuff and set up the rules and men got constantly screwed do you think you'd see many women complaining about "female privilege"?

I know we like to all believe that we can live in a world where there are no biases, no preferential treatment, no discrimination/prejudice etc. but isn't that just an inevitability that, obviously, whoever makes up the majority will end up catering things to their own way? That by and large things will be more advantageous towards the majority? While it's true white people, at least white men have had the advantage in steering things towards the way they want it, the way it ultimately favors them even at the expense of others, isn't that just natural?

Now I am by no means any kind of feminist/SJW by any means, but it does irk me how much things go on and on about white/male "privilege" acting as if it's a uniquely male/white thing when I find that completely absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 11:59 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,490 times
Some would and some wouldn't.

Look at what Louis CK says about White privilege, and he's White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmzT4OV-w0

Old 09-07-2017, 12:23 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Some would and some wouldn't.

Look at what Louis CK says about White privilege, and he's White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmzT4OV-w0
Yeah, there's a lot of white cucks out there. This guy being one of them.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:33 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
It's a huge thing that gets talked about. Minorities/women complain about "white privilege/male privilege" etc. but if the roles were reversed do you think these same people would care? If we lived in a world where blacks were the dominating force and got all the good stuff and white people got totally screwed, would you see them doing everything they can to combat "black privilege"? If women were dominating, had all the nice stuff and set up the rules and men got constantly screwed do you think you'd see many women complaining about "female privilege"?

I know we like to all believe that we can live in a world where there are no biases, no preferential treatment, no discrimination/prejudice etc. but isn't that just an inevitability that, obviously, whoever makes up the majority will end up catering things to their own way? That by and large things will be more advantageous towards the majority? While it's true white people, at least white men have had the advantage in steering things towards the way they want it, the way it ultimately favors them even at the expense of others, isn't that just natural?

Now I am by no means any kind of feminist/SJW by any means, but it does irk me how much things go on and on about white/male "privilege" acting as if it's a uniquely male/white thing when I find that completely absurd.

Marleinie, Yes, lets switch, .... you bust your butt to build that, pay high taxes and pay outrageously high HC premiums then watch the left add more insult,saying you didn't build that and that you don't pay enough in taxes while the so called non privileged pay low HC premiums (some even getting free HC), then get back to me to let me know how you like being "so privileged".

Shall I say you want more from us so called white privileged getting the royal screw Americans.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:37 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
People who whine about privilege anything are just losers.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:40 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
People who whine about privilege anything are just losers.
Well, with all they get and they still complain so why bother. Isn't this exactly what happened during slavery? The slaves worked to benefit others the same as we work to pay taxes to support them? AND THEY STILL WANT MORE. Who needs a whip when we have Democrats who are always trying to take more of our money.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:44 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times

Old 09-07-2017, 06:45 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times

Old 09-07-2017, 06:53 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Honestly I wonder why the OP and other whites get offended by the phrase "white privilege." You should take your own advice and stop being snowflakes lol.

But really, if I had any sort of privilege or advantage based on gender or ethnicity, I'd have no problem with recognizing I do while also taking advantage of it. IMO most white men in America are aware of their privilege, they just won't admit it. That is why some get defensive about it. Those that don't get defensive about it know it is there and they take advantage like I would do and I have no problem with either but find it funny that so many of you complain about it and act like it doesn't exist when you know it does.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:58 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post

On the underlined portion, I don't believe that....

On the blue, not many people in their day to day lives even speak of "privilege" only weirdos online like us lol.

On the concept though, male privilege and white privilege are not the same thing. White privilege includes white women and it is basically about how whites are not negatively judged in this country for being inherently a certain way - they are seen as individuals moreso than POCs. Male privilege is about all males and is based upon the perception of men being seen as more capable or incapable of certain skills/behaviors and how they are not judged like a female is when they exhibit the same or similar skills/behaviors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies