Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 03:38 PM

21,402 posts, read 10,480,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'm not. I don't like the alt left and I am glad fair minded people are standing up to them, but when the only alternative is people who want to impose a theocracy and oppress those who don't believe in the same invisible man in the sky in the same way that they do, I am going to keep voting Democrat.
You like in the Oklahoma bubble. Not all conservatives are like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 05:41 PM

18,654 posts, read 7,514,651 times
Notice that these liberals never raised any particular fuss over the leftists lying about republicans for decades, calling them names, accusing them of dispossessing seniors, poisoning the air and water, starving children, etc. et..... until the Republicans finally had enough, formed the TEA Party ("Taxed Enough Already"), and then elected Donald Trump, who began to fight fire with fire - a first for a republican elected official.

Only when Republicans started fighting back in the last few years, and winning, did the liberals suddenly decide it was a bad thing.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:28 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,120,009 times
Leftist ideologies tend to lack logic.
So, they try to shut down anybody who challenges their nutty ideas.
Or they try to "shoot the messenger" with ad hominem logical fallacies or other bullying.
Of course most are clueless that they are engaging in logical fallacy.

As mentioned, many students at Universities are seeing the leftist insanity & turning from it.

In some places of employment, some are seeing or experiencing leftist bullying.
Google fired a guy just because he quoted FACTS from a study that some found offensive.
Leftists don't like some facts but instead of debating they go extreme.
People see this extreme reaction and realize that the left could easily turn on them too!!

Tim Allen & other conservatives in Hollywood have seen & experienced liberal crazy behavior.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7vTn97Wz4

Old 09-17-2017, 02:35 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,220,416 times
I'm old enough to remember it was hard to tell the difference between the two parties. JFK today could not run as a democrat he would have to run as a republican. His statement about don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country would make Obama, Pelosi, Chuckie, and quite a few others commit seppuku on the steps of the congress.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:39 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,847,490 times
This thread is so full of fail

Old 09-17-2017, 02:42 PM

5,083 posts, read 2,018,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
I'm old enough to remember it was hard to tell the difference between the two parties. JFK today could not run as a democrat he would have to run as a republican. His statement about don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country would make Obama, Pelosi, Chuckie, and quite a few others commit seppuku on the steps of the congress.
I guess some folks think then JFK was too libertarian for some tastes with his tax cuts, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdXrfIMdiU

Old 09-17-2017, 11:15 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,726,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yet the left will continue to resort to name calling and identity politics.
And more people will abandon the democrat party.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:18 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,625,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I still don't understand how championing millions of low skilled/no skilled illegal aliens and opening the borders to them while ushering them towards amnesty was in the best interest of America and the lower and middle classes that struggle everyday. How about the 550% increase in "refugees" from dangerous areas of the world and planting them in the middle of our cities while our top security organizations told us that they could not guarantee that the radical ones would be weeded out. Talk about a Trojan horse.
Somehow all this was supposed to be great news for us. I'm thankful that enough voters saw the light last November and hopefully they will continue to do so.
Cape Cod, open borders is not good for the every day hard working American but it's good for big business and the rich who own those big businesses who are also the people who contribute big money to politicians campaign coffers. It's not about the people, it's about who can give them more money.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
that is simply a desire to have your cake and eat it.

you can't have a socially responsible and fair economy while also paying low taxes and having a tiny gov.

You may as well wish for unicorns. Instead what we need is people to stop acting like they are the center of the world and that the nation is there to simply make them rich and service them.
Nor can you open the floodgates letting anyone and everyone in and call it socially responsible. I can't figure out why the average American supports higher taxes (more money out of their own pocket) unless you're on the take hoping that if you support higher taxes, you'll get a bone thrown your way.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Leftist ideologies tend to lack logic.

Tim Allen & other conservatives in Hollywood have seen & experienced liberal crazy behavior.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7vTn97Wz4

"Being a conservative in Hollywood today is like being a Jew in 1930’s Germany"

Geez, these Hollywood elitist are a bunch of followers without a mind of their own. Or anything to get a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies