Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 07:38 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,068,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The immigrants coming here illegally aren't the educated ones that businesses are hoping to hire. Would you hire someone who can't follow rules? These illegals are picking strawberries, washing dishes and floors, cutting grass, etc. All jobs that poor uneducated Americans could be doing if welfare wasn't more lucrative.
This one portion of your sentence pretty much sums up the cluster f@#$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 08:20 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times
Do you liberals have any idea why immigration exists in the first place? Do you have any idea who the biggest supporters of immigration are?

Do you really think that corporations are against immigration? Do you think the bankers/merchants/capitalists are against immigration?

Why is it that the working man has always been opposed to immigration?

Try to understand why the world is the way it is, before you end up doing the dirty-work of your supposed enemies.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:23 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Do you liberals have any idea why immigration exists in the first place? Do you have any idea who the biggest supporters of immigration are?

Do you really think that corporations are against immigration? Do you think the bankers/merchants/capitalists are against immigration?

Why is it that the working man has always been opposed to immigration?

Try to understand why the world is the way it is, before you end up doing the dirty-work of your supposed enemies.
You left out the word ILLEGAL immigration. I don't know anyone against legal, disciplined, managed immigration like ALL OTHER developed COUNTRIES HAVE.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You left out the word ILLEGAL immigration. I don't know anyone against legal, disciplined, managed immigration like ALL OTHER developed COUNTRIES HAVE.
I didn't leave out anything, I was asking a question. Why does immigration exist? What is the purpose?

Why have the working classes in America, ALWAYS been opposed to almost-all immigration. Why have unions, at least until very recently, always been strongly opposed to almost all immigration?

Why did union power grow so much between the 1920's, and the 1960's? And has weakened continuously ever since?

Don't presume that since something is common, that it is good. And honestly, a law which isn't enforced, isn't a law. Why aren't the laws being enforced? Who is benefiting? Why is there so little pushback?

Old 09-13-2017, 08:40 AM

The simple truth is, the money in this country, loves immigration. The more the better, especially if they are illegal. Because then they can't vote(for higher taxes, redistribution, etc).

You need to understand, the #1 goal of all governments is economic growth. China is only relevant because of the size of its economy. And the size of its economy is in large part the result of its massive population.

If America didn't have the largest economy on Earth, we would not be a superpower. If we want to remain a superpower, we have no choice but to do everything we can, to remain the largest single economy on Earth.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 09-13-2017 at 08:56 AM..

Old 09-13-2017, 09:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't want to dumb it down to first grade english... it's hard to think at that level...
You will get there one day, don't rush your time in Kindergarten, enjoy it while it lasts.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Quote:
So you are saying the Black people displaced from work is their fault... I just want to understand your logic... Hey poor people, liberals says you deserve to be poor because there are job openings... they don't care about what you believe and know to be true....
Holy mega strawman Batman!

Old 09-13-2017, 09:50 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Quote:
I don't want to dumb it down to first grade english... it's hard to think at that level...
Here I will translate for him.

CC quoted one thing but I like to deflect into strawman arguments because they are easy to knock down then say everyone who disagrees with me is sub first grade.

Oddly enough I also disagree with the OP, CCBaxter. LOL

Old 09-13-2017, 11:19 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Here I will translate for him.

CC quoted one thing but I like to deflect into strawman arguments because they are easy to knock down then say everyone who disagrees with me is sub first grade.

Oddly enough I also disagree with the OP, CCBaxter. LOL
Who do you disagree, he asked, hoping for honest debate.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:26 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,571 times
The main issue with illegal immigration is that they've suppressed the wages of non/low-skilled working class americans by creating an over supply in the labor market. 35 years ago is when they started pouring across the border, 35 years ago is when working class wages stopped rising. There is a strong correlation; admittedly so by past presidents Clinton & Obama(See Bill's 95 SOTU or Obama's 08 campaigning in the rust belt). The demand is there, what we need for wages to rise is a lack of supply. We need companies to start competing for a labor as hard as they compete market share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies