Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 05:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Jefferson was a large part of the creation of the country. When created blacks did not get the same rights as whites. Free or not. That is the very definition of racism.
Definition? How can that be? The R-word didn't exist until the 1960s. And then only as a means to score special privilege and make excuse for irresponsibility.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:29 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're talking about what was considered normal or acceptable thinking back then. Do you feel all books and all songs should be done away with if they were written during that time and reflect the thinking and language of the day?

Do you want to do away with ALL memorials of people who were pro-slavery or slave owners even if they did some good?

What do you propose to do with Mount Rushmore? Currency? Street names? Names of towns?

What do you think the end result is going to be in all of this? If you don't see statues none of this ever happened? Because I'm pretty sure people aren't going to stop talking about slavery even if every trace of evidence that it existed is wiped off the face of the earth.

Many thought MLK was a racist. Should white people start yanking down his statues?

Where's the end zone in this game?

MLK Statues should be removed. They offend me. Also all anti-Racist comments should be banned, I consider them Racist.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Definition? How can that be? The R-word didn't exist until the 1960s. And then only as a means to score special privilege and make excuse for irresponsibility.
I'm not really interested in your justifications.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:36 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
I do understand that bigotry and oppression of black Americans is still a very real concern, and the Black Holocaust, Jim Crow, and slavery were a horrible sad, needless chapter in American history; But I'm not sure how vandalizing inanimate objects will make it all better. Will damaging a statue, desecrating remains suddenly make socioeconomic conditions magically become great for blacks? Also vandalizing a statue does NOT make one a hero, like some were calling the woman that toppled a RE LEE statue in NC. If acting with the dignity of a boozed up fear boy is their idea of a "hero", they must REALLY be hurting for heroes and role models d's.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
MLK Statues should be removed. They offend me. Also all anti-Racist comments should be banned, I consider them Racist.
See, there's something for everyone, isn't there?

Old 09-13-2017, 05:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Over generations of time we've evolved as a society and as individuals. It was once acceptable to use children as slave labor until laws put an end to that practice. Should their ancestors do something about that?

Women were thought of as property. No voting rights no purchasing power, no power over anything really. The result is that many are behind financially and in the workplace. Should they expect something because of this?

How about ancestors of those people who used a switch on their kids backside as a form of discipline? Should they get anything?

What about women who are raised to think it's okay for a man to get physical with them? Is that okay? Should anyone receive anything on that front?

There's even disagreement about this between black people. I saw a segment on CBS Sunday morning where a black man wanted a statue of someone removed because he was a slave owner and the black woman wanted it to remain because he's the one who started educating black people about religion.

Will there ever come a time when people stop LOOKING for things to be pissed off about and call unfair?

And should the statues erected in our time then be yanked down because fifty years from now they will have evolved into a better society?

Old 09-13-2017, 06:04 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,780,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
......Jefferson owned about 175 slaves. Screw him. Sorry guys, all that fore-fathery "nobility" type of stuff is revisionist history. I love seeing yall triggered about your heroes. LMAO
Forefathery "nobility" type of stuff.

(& of course the obligatory "LOL" at the end of the sentence.) These are the enlightened posters who represent many on the romper room front line.

I wonder at what point do we start shooting people who are breaking the law? Because this cr*p has got to stop.

- When they knock down Jefferson monuments and deface important papers at UVA (which was freaking founded by TJ)?.
- When they storm the Jefferson Memorial & deface it?
- When they try to attack historic Documents at the Library of Congress (or important items at the Smithsonian)?
- When they storm the White House (which was built with Slave Labor)?

When do we start shooting? What ammo will we use? If arrested, what type of jail time will these p*ssys face for defacing statues or papers from our "forefathery nobility type guys" ?

.....& can we PLEASE see some more of these weenies get shot in the n*ts, like that guy in Phoenix??

Old 09-13-2017, 06:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I do understand that bigotry and oppression of black Americans is still a very real concern, and the Black Holocaust, Jim Crow, and slavery were a horrible sad, needless chapter in American history; But I'm not sure how vandalizing inanimate objects will make it all better. Will damaging a statue, desecrating remains suddenly make socioeconomic conditions magically become great for blacks? Also vandalizing a statue does NOT make one a hero, like some were calling the woman that toppled a RE LEE statue in NC. If acting with the dignity of a boozed up fear boy is their idea of a "hero", they must REALLY be hurting for heroes and role models d's.
As far as the story here goes, it wasn't vandalized. It was draped in black. Completely removable.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:33 PM

108 posts, read 53,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Forefathery "nobility" type of stuff.

(& of course the obligatory "LOL" at the end of the sentence.) These are the enlightened posters who represent many on the romper room front line.

I wonder at what point do we start shooting people who are breaking the law? Because this cr*p has got to stop.

- When they knock down Jefferson monuments and deface important papers at UVA (which was freaking founded by TJ)?.
- When they storm the Jefferson Memorial & deface it?
- When they try to attack historic Documents at the Library of Congress (or important items at the Smithsonian)?
- When they storm the White House (which was built with Slave Labor)?

When do we start shooting? What ammo will we use? If arrested, what type of jail time will these p*ssys face for defacing statues or papers from our "forefathery nobility type guys" ?

.....& can we PLEASE see some more of these weenies get shot in the n*ts, like that guy in Phoenix??
lol.

Even liberal australia is getting tough on the commie scum. jail time and large fines. This is what we get for electing sissy republicans, most of them are cowards. This is why I believe the republican party will get more and more right wing or face a real far right party because people will be fed up with wimpy politicians

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/906628422956228608

Old 09-13-2017, 06:38 PM

5,103 posts, read 2,049,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Your video wouldn't play for me but I'm familiar with the bit...lol.

It's from ComedyCentral UK channel, the US version is blocked in Canada (thanks Viacom ).
I found another mirrored video on Dailymotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies