Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 01:46 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
This thread is funny. The reality is Republicans want to making voting tougher than getting a gun. In some backwards states, it is actually being accomplished.
In some states it is harder to buy a box of Sudafed than it is to buy a gun. For most Republicans the US Constitution only has three sections - the 1st Amendment which gives you the right to be a Christian, the 2nd Amendment that gives you the right to buy as many weapons as you want, and the rest that gives you the right to vote for any Republican you choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 01:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
This thread is funny. The reality is Republicans want to making voting tougher than getting a gun. In some backwards states, it is actually being accomplished.
Since both actions are Constitutionally acknowledged and protected, neither should be difficult for the average person.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:36 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I stopped caring immediately after Sandy Hook. Gun control was never going to happen. Kids are going to be gunned down in school. Public shootings are simply going to be as common as they are.

Republicans wouldn't vote to limit firearm access to the clinically mentally ill. They still won't do it, even after a walking, talking metaphor gunned their own down in public.
Another ignorant anti gun nut with no idea what he's talking about, typical. It's ALREADY illegal for someone clinically mentally ill to own a firearm. You people might be surprised what the laws actually are if you bothered to educate yourself on the subject instead of spewing ignorant baseless opinions.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Another ignorant anti gun nut with no idea what he's talking about, typical. It's ALREADY illegal for someone clinically mentally ill to own a firearm. You people might be surprised what the laws actually are if you bothered to educate yourself on the subject instead of spewing ignorant baseless opinions.
Not without a court order it isn't.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:14 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What do you think?

Apply background checks for gun purchases to voting

Republicans worry about vote fraud.

Democrats have long lauded background checks on gun purchases as simple, accurate and in complete harmony with the Second Amendment right to own guns.

If Democrats really believe that the National Instant Criminal Background Check System doesn’t interfere “in any way†with people’s constitutional rights to own a gun, doesn't it follow that the same system would not constitute an infringement on people’s right to vote? This would give Republicans a system for stopping vote fraud and Democrats a system that they have already vigorously endorsed.

I do not see a problem in this.

Confirming ones identity, I don't see how that is an infringement of ones rights.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I do not see a problem in this.

Confirming ones identity, I don't see how that is an infringement of ones rights.
A background check has nothing to do with ones right to vote.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:23 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Please explain...
The requirements for ID's, mental health are more strict for gun licensing. It would eliminate voters.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:23 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A background check has nothing to do with ones right to vote.

I agree a background check does have no bearing on the rite to vote. But what I am in agreement with is that you should still be able to prove who you are to exercise that right to vote.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I agree a background check does have no bearing on the rite to vote. But what I am in agreement with is that you should still be able to prove who you are to exercise that right to vote.
I did when I registered.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Pubs...

Quote:
How About Making Gun Background Checks and Voter ID Checks The Same

So afraid of the voting public. So eager to suppress the vote.

So anti-American.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies