Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 08:12 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Question ,so what happens to those that can't better themselves,we have all seen challenged people working at McDonald's or the Grocery store ,what do they do?
min wage jobs have the highest turnover of any industry..over 60%. They'll do what they always do..leave and find another min wage job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 08:13 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
You haven't ordered from a touchpad yet ?

Yeah..there's games and the price of playing those games is added to your check.

https://www.ziosk.com
LOL, make up your mind,they don't have those at fast food restaurants,Chilies is not a fast food restaurant.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
min wage jobs have the highest turnover of any industry..over 60%. They'll do what they always do..leave and find another min wage job.
Those people don't ,you don't have a clue!

Old 09-15-2017, 08:15 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I won't.

Americans will love kiosk and tablet ordering, just as we love self checkout systems.
I see the future being like Japan. Vending machine or tablet ordering and a few people around to bring the food. The traditional waiters are reserved for really high-touch, expensive restaurants.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:15 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,523,637 times
The first changes will be on the order entry side, not cooking food.
It is not productive for me, born in the USA and speaking mostly only English, to use voice commands to direct an Hispanic person struggling to learn our language, to key data into a computer when they can see the screen and I have no way to verify they are entering the information correctly until my order shows up. Besides, I am hard of hearing and it is a really obnoxious process. They mumble and it's a noisy environment.
Just turn the whole terminal around and I'll do it myself.
Or better yet, let me do it without standing in line, on my phone, using the store's secure wifi.
"There's an app for that"

Old 09-15-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
The first changes will be on the order entry side, not cooking food.
It is not productive for me, born in the USA and speaking mostly only English, to use voice commands to direct an Hispanic person struggling to learn our language, to key data into a computer when they can see the screen and I have no way to verify they are entering the information correctly until my order shows up. Besides, I am hard of hearing and it is a really obnoxious process. They mumble and it's a noisy environment.
Just turn the whole terminal around and I'll do it myself.
Or better yet, let me do it without standing in line, on my phone, using the store's secure wifi.
"There's an app for that"
LOL, how racist of you.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
LOL, make up your mind,they don't have those at fast food restaurants,Chilies is not a fast food restaurant.
True. I've seen them in the East at Red Robin which is not fast either.
"Yuuum"

Old 09-15-2017, 08:17 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
That is a small % of the workforce there.

As for staff level, learn different things..great..as if fry chief is infinitely more marketable than burger flipper.

99% of the McD's staff, like the ones of the 80s, should move past McJobs after the acne years.
It actually took more skill decades ago to work at McDonalds.
That was my first job. You had to know math cause those registers didn't spit out answers to you or send the order to the back..you had to do the math in your head for change and send the order back to the guy flipping the burgers. And you had to remember who ordered what because there were no tickets with your number and items on it.

Today's burger flippers have it easy..real easy.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
LOL, how racist of you.
Just thinking about the last 77 times I've ordered Wendy's McDonald, or Burger anything.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:27 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Thank you ,you proved my point of exactly how ignorant you are on the subject.Comparing anything today to anything from the 1980's is pretty stupid.
True, the 80s kids had initiative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies