Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 08:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

At least 20 undocumented immigrants reportedly have been arrested at two Motel 6 properties in Arizona that provide their guest lists to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.

Due to a 2015 Supreme Court decision, law enforcement officials can't force hotels to turn over information about guests. This means these Motel 6 hotels are voluntarily offering the information with the full knowledge guests could possibly end up arrested or deported.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ice-now-c...222807530.html

So, Motel 6's doing its job, nothing bad about "outing" lawbreakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 08:53 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Good for Motel 6!

From the article---It also helps that they have an incentive for doing so:

According to what immigration attorney Denise Aguilar told the New Times, the hotels could receive $200 for every undocumented immigrant arrested through the operation.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:47 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Good for Motel 6!

According to what immigration attorney Denise Aguilar told the New Times, the hotels could receive $200 for every undocumented immigrant arrested through the operation.
win-win

Old 09-13-2017, 09:50 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,734 times
This is wrong and I see a big lawsuit coming for that sleazy chain.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsl2ncGL0p0

Old 09-14-2017, 01:19 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Good for Motel 6!

They need to start paying citizens for turning them in. We could clear this place out quickly. Go to any garage sale, and theres tons of them, running around, their kids throwing things everywhere, the ones giving the garage sales looking at each other in a horrified look because their parents don't make them shut the heck up. If somethings a 1.00, they'll try to bargain down to 25 cents, then carry it out to their SUV. Must be nice to be illegal.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
This is wrong and I see a big lawsuit coming for that sleazy chain.
without any basis?

Old 09-14-2017, 08:43 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
They need to start paying citizens for turning them in. We could clear this place out quickly. Go to any garage sale, and theres tons of them, running around, their kids throwing things everywhere, the ones giving the garage sales looking at each other in a horrified look because their parents don't make them shut the heck up. If somethings a 1.00, they'll try to bargain down to 25 cents, then carry it out to their SUV. Must be nice to be illegal.
We had a moving sale last fall, so I will verify this ^^^. And, yes, a financial incentive would be an economical way to kick the whole show up a few notches!

Oh, they don't have SUVs here, they drive those $50,000 Ford Crew Cab pickups, you can always tell it is the first of the month (welfare weekend) when the parking lot at the grocery store has several of the trucks there and I'm saying "No, I forgot, it will only tick me off to have to shop with them." They are SO rude, will not let you through the aisle when they are having a hoe-down or whatever they are doing in the aisles, surely they can comprehend "Excuse me" while you standing there with a cart."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
without any basis?
Racism! Isn't is always "racism"? I also think it makes sense to report people who have entered the US and not been vetted as, let's face it, look at the crimes some of these people have committed. I have seen several now that murdered people in their country and fled here, also child molesters etc., not the kind of people you want sleeping in the next room. And, by doing this, we catch our own criminals as well. Yep, win-win.

I did note in the health department notes that many of the hotels/motels here have issues with bedbugs, some may remember that the county cannot get ahead of it, so if a motel is discouraging them by doing this, that motel goes to the top of my list when I need one!

Old 09-14-2017, 08:49 AM

130,326 posts, read 12,105,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post

how do you know they were illegal? In any case, I have seen plenty of white American brats misbehaving. Some white kids are very naughty & obnoxious.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:51 AM

130,326 posts, read 12,105,905 times
It is an invasion of privacy. Private lists should not be turned over to the Government without a warrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies