Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:37 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I think we may be seeing a third party in the making.

If a rupture happens, many Tea partiers will have a stark choice before them: The Koch brothers are not big fans of Trump, they can not control him as well as they like and Trump is not completely Republican/libertarian in principle. The Koch's are annoyed that Trump stole their thunder and many followers of the movement they had cultivated for years.

The Kochs don't have that much influence. What they donate is a pittance compared to others.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:42 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
At some level, you don't want to deport people who know no other country but this, who work, pay into the system, etc. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of true dreamers out there. Deporting them for the sins of their parents doesn't really solve anything.

With that said, you want to make sure you're never in this position again. I don't trust Trump on the issue now.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:44 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,962 times
I do not care about Republican or Democrat. I care about getting stuff done. While I do believe that rewarding illegal behavior only breeds more illegal behavior, compromise is the only way stuff will get done. All of us Americans (and our government) are so focused on "teams" acting like our countries policies are a sporting event.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I do not care about Republican or Democrat. I care about getting stuff done. While I do believe that rewarding illegal behavior only breeds more illegal behavior, compromise is the only way stuff will get done. All of us Americans (and our government) are so focused on "teams" acting like our countries policies are a sporting event.
Yes, people are completely forgetting the whole illegal aspect of this. If a dreamer truly wanted to be here, they should have explored options for making themselves legal before all this came to a head.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I'm perfectly relaxed and more than happy with the decisions he's making. It those like the OP who need to glorify the headline that "Trump fooled us all"! There was also another one last week say that "Trump screwed his voters" because he is working with the Dems. If any you actually had listened to him during his campaign he's doing exactly what he said he'd do. I love seeing the true RINOS in an uproar and I'm glad he's shaking things up for those on the right too.
Trump is a bull in a china shop.

But a bull is exactly what the china in DC needed.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:49 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,275,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wrong!

The people who voted for Trump are no lovers of the GOP or the DEMs.

You guys still haven't figured this out.
Yep. There are plenty of GOP'ers who did vote for him, but he wouldn't have won without those voters who don't care for either party and the voters who are sick to the teeth of establishment politicians. The Trump voter is hardly a one-size-fits-all stereotype.

I didn't vote for him, but I'm okay with him as president. I wish he were a better speaker. If you look at his actions and listen to his words without the dishonest media filter, you see a very different picture. It would be nice if he were more polished, so there was less ability to distort what he says. All in all, though, I'm pretty happy so far with what he's actually done and is trying to do.

It makes me happy when he does things to anger people like Paul Ryan, since those type of politicians are the ones who are much to blame for gridlock in government. Those are the politicians responsible for the rise of someone like Trump. Now if he would just buck the Republicans on their increased military spending, he'd gain me as a supporter! Okay, it'll never happen, but it's a nice thought.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:49 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
It was just announced that Trump joined forces with the dems on DACA and border security. No wall.

Yea yea, you want a link. Just Google it.
The brown people haters on this forum won't be happy about this. You guys can try to explain away all you want but if these undocumented were mostly Canadians, Australians or white Brits I suspect many of you wouldn't be up in arms like you are.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:50 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Trump is a Himocrat.

Trump is a Hepublican.

Essentially, whatever he likes, that's what he does.

No party should ever have expected his loyalty. He's not loyal.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Partisan politics has held this country up for far too long. It's about time someone at least tries to get something done. .
This is no doubt true.

But isn't it like saying that the middle east and Israelis have fought for too long and therefore they need to give Israel the west bank and gaza and be done with it?

My point is this. It is/was the GOP responsible for 3/4 or more of this - starting with Clinton and reaching an unbelievable crescendo during Obama. These were not "differences of opinion". The GOP smashed through every norm of our history such as "politics stops at the water's edge" and their current LEADER acheived office through false narratives on the POTUS place of birth and religion.

This stuff was 100% supported by those Koch-heads and the old Tea Party and a vast portion of the GOP (polling still shows such today).

So...what you are saying is that only NOW - with GOP control of all branches - should we drop the hatchet and get something done for the good ole USA.

You see, that is fantastic IMHO. Of course we should do that - all the time. But it goes back to the same deal with Black Folks - that 100+ years after the Civil War and many 100's after enslaving them and making laws against their education, etc - we should say "OK, the law now says everyone should be treated fairly,so suck it up and start now (and to heck with those couple hundred years...."we who profited are not sorry")....

I'm just the messenger here but humans do not forget the past....especially when the present is formed by it. When we see Nazis being proud of it, and them being defended from the right - we get a feeling that "the other side" hasn't sung kumbaya with us.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:01 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,985,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Trump is a Himocrat.

Trump is a Hepublican.

Essentially, whatever he likes, that's what he does.

No party should ever have expected his loyalty. He's not loyal.

He is loyal to the American people. Thats all I care about. That is why Trump was elected. He was elected to get things done. Get bills passed. Work with both sides, to get legislation and law/order restored. We needed a president that is and was willing to work with both sides.

Trump was a democrat until 2008-09 then he switched sides. He knows both sides of the fence and is smart enough to play both to get what he wants done. Not for himself, but for the benefit of US citizens.

Voting for Trump was by far the best vote i ever casted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies