Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 09:11 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
So President Trump is trying to work with Democrats..... but liberal pundits and liberal posters on the internet are still attacking him? I don't get it.
Really? I haven't seen that much. More wondering how his base will react to his willingness to compromise, work with the opposition. I'm impressed the opposition is willing to work with him. Republicans refused to work with Obama at all.

I haven't seen many folks talk about Trump as much as his supporters and their reaction to his willing to make deals with the Dems.

I will say -- as thrilled as I am that some things will happen because he wants to negotiate -- I still think very little of him as a human being. You can't erase 20 years of a reputation. Not in a week a day or 8 months.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:12 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,750,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I need to see what we got for border security first but, Trump just turned DACA into a bargaining chip. We were never going to deport the 800,000 kids/young adults.

Love that Trump isn't letting the republicans stop him from getting things done. This is a truly unconventional presidency and I love it.

Now, get tax cuts on corporations down to 15%, give middle class tax relief, let the rich stay the same (they aren't hurting but shouldn't pay more) and bring the overseas cash home. Maybe some Dems can help with that also!
Trump also came out and said that "if taxes on the rich need to go up, so be it". Yea yea, you want a link. Just Google it.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
redeem himself from what?
His 20 years reputation.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:13 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
So President Trump is trying to work with Democrats..... but liberal pundits and liberal posters on the internet are still attacking him? I don't get it.
You have to realize there is both a stunted maturity and intellect for a good many in that Party. This IS their typical, hysterical behavior.

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It shows how important the Democrats are!!!! THey know how to negotiate, make compromises, make deals that are compromises.

That's what a politician does.

I'm with you -- if Trump continues -- we are golden. Then when it comes election time we aren't going to be blindly electing people by party. We will elect people that will work best with the President.

That's when things will turn around....and we will have policies that please a larger portion of Americans.....

I know I went too far into dreamland.
Amen brother

1,323 posts, read 588,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's so amusing reading the comments on a Breitbart article like that!
They're spitting mad to despondent.

Quote:
IF this is true that Trump is in favor of the Dream Act, in direct violation of his repeated promises, THEN PATRIOTS IT IS TIME TO TREAT TRUMP THE SAME WAY WE TREATED OBAMA. WE WILL FIGHT HIM, MAKE HIM A ONE TERM FAILURE, AND GO TO ALL OUT POLITICAL WAR AGAINST THE FILTHY FAT ****!! Get on the phones tomorrow to the White House and every member of Congress and scream your absolute HELL NO to amnesty to them!
Quote:
Unforgiven^^Horse Jwags • 13 minutes ago
Looks like I wont be voting Trump in 2020. Cant believe I'm saying that

Old 09-13-2017, 09:14 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Trump also came out and said that "if taxes on the rich need to go up, so be it". Yea yea, you want a link. Just Google it.
Saw that live. He said it.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
so now are you going to stop moaning about Trump if he is clearly not a far right president like you all claim?
For me the problem with Trump isn't that he is a conservative/Republican...not at all. His character is what I have issues with.

Look -- most Republicans I know that voted for him did not like him at all....but they don't vote anything but Republican.

They won't be happy if he isn't doing Republican things -- whatever that is.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:15 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,055 times
Quote:
Trump says rich might pay more in taxes, talks with Democrats | Reuters

Old 09-13-2017, 09:15 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,343 times
Quote:
It was just announced that Trump joined forces with the dems on DACA and border security. No wall.

Yea yea, you want a link. Just Google it.
He probably figured out Republicans can't govern, only saying no. Sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies