Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,630,449 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/protest...005712640.html

https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/sta....7f33a83d.html

You ever notice how it's always virtue signaling white libs who always have to bring up racism in the most random and inconvenient places? MLB has plenty of black players and black fans, not to mention, hispanic, mixed, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 07:46 AM

24,303 posts, read 16,984,440 times
How ridiculous. I'm glad they got tossed out of the game.
The fans of pro sports are so tired of all this crap. We get enough of it from all angles everyday and sports is an escape from the nonsense.

How many times do we need to be told that white people and America are evil and bad ?
Personally I think America is pretty awesome and if you don't like it then you are free to leave.
I also believe that the majority of people are tolerant and accepting of everyone no matter their race, religion or sexual preference so who are these misguided Social Justice Warriors targeting?

Do we really need to be beaten over the head with their "message"?

Old 09-14-2017, 07:54 AM

5,034 posts, read 2,237,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/protest...005712640.html

https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/sta....7f33a83d.html

You ever notice how it's always virtue signaling white libs who always have to bring up racism in the most random and inconvenient places? MLB has plenty of black players and black fans, not to mention, hispanic, mixed, etc.
Don't forget entitled. They always appear to be spoiled, coddled, virtue signaling white libs.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,483,591 times
I'm with you. I've said for some time the people starting all of this probably don't even know any black people, yet they're taking up causes for perceived injustices black people don't have time to concern themselves with.

Will they be hanging these at NBA and NFL games, too??

Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,630,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm with you. I've said for some time the people starting all of this probably don't even know any black people, yet they're taking up causes for perceived injustices black people don't have time to concern themselves with.

Will they be hanging these at NBA and NFL games, too??
That's part of the problem. I have plenty of white friends and we really never talk about race or racism, they just see me as me, not "omg you poor black oppressed person". Makes no sense.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:48 AM

1,348 posts, read 786,169 times
Quote:
That's part of the problem. I have plenty of white friends and we really never talk about race or racism, they just see me as me, not "omg you poor black oppressed person". Makes no sense.
No, it doesn't. This country has been on a positive trajectory with regards to race, gender, disability, opportunity, etc. for 150 years. It's not a straight line of improvement, what is? But the trend has been positive.

It is only within the last decade that things went off the rails regarding these things and only the comatose or willfully ignorant don't know why it's happened. It's the radical takeover of the political Left and the deep influence of Obama and the money of people like George Soros and others.

These "triggered" people have not collected organically into groups, such as BLM. No, they've been professionally organized and many of them get paid. That is what is really happening.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:53 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,753,718 times
I agree with the banner message but don't understand why they would do it at a baseball game. People are going to watch a game and there was no purpose in it IMO.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:55 AM

17,336 posts, read 9,154,249 times
Quote:
You put your finger on the "problem" - the DNC, Activists, Leftist Pundits/Leaders/Media & Progressive Think Tanks -- don't see YOU as YOU, they only see YOU as an Activist for their cause -- you are supposed to believe that all your friends are (perhaps unknowingly) White Supremacists and are deep in their heart, probably Racist. It's your obligation to recruit them to the Activism that has a platform that All People of Color are "oppressed" and you must fight against that "oppression".

It's a very bizarre plan, but they are determined on it because they see this as the "Future of the Democratic Party" and a it's Progressive Platform. The MUST have this "racially charged environment" in order to implement this plan - if they can't find it, they will invent it and convince people it exists.

The Next DNC Chair Must Abandon Color-Blind Politics -
The DNC needs leadership that has the lived experience and cultural competence to build power in a highly racially charged environment. |The Nation - January 19, 2017

The single greatest force shaping American politics today is the demographic revolution that is transforming the racial composition of the US population. Since passage of the 1965 Voting Rights and Immigration and Nationality Acts, tens of millions of people of color have joined the electorate, rapidly swelling the ranks of people of color from 12 percent of the population in 1965 to 38.4 percent today. The force of that revolution propelled a black man into the White House, and then Donald Trump rode the backlash to that revolution to his apparent narrow Electoral College win. If the Democratic Party is going to effectively rebuild from the ashes of this defeat and reclaim control of the federal government, it must put in place new leadership that has the lived experience, cultural competence, and electoral sophistication to build power and win elections in a highly racially charged environment.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:45 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,833,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You put your finger on the "problem" - the DNC, Activists, Leftist Pundits/Leaders/Media & Progressive Think Tanks -- don't see YOU as YOU, they only see YOU as an Activist for their cause -- you are supposed to believe that all your friends are (perhaps unknowingly) White Supremacists and are deep in their heart, probably Racist. It's your obligation to recruit them to the Activism that has a platform that All People of Color are "oppressed" and you must fight against that "oppression".

It's a very bizarre plan, but they are determined on it because they see this as the "Future of the Democratic Party" and a it's Progressive Platform. The MUST have this "racially charged environment" in order to implement this plan - if they can't find it, they will invent it and convince people it exists.

The Next DNC Chair Must Abandon Color-Blind Politics -
The DNC needs leadership that has the lived experience and cultural competence to build power in a highly racially charged environment. |The Nation - January 19, 2017

The single greatest force shaping American politics today is the demographic revolution that is transforming the racial composition of the US population. Since passage of the 1965 Voting Rights and Immigration and Nationality Acts, tens of millions of people of color have joined the electorate, rapidly swelling the ranks of people of color from 12 percent of the population in 1965 to 38.4 percent today. The force of that revolution propelled a black man into the White House, and then Donald Trump rode the backlash to that revolution to his apparent narrow Electoral College win. If the Democratic Party is going to effectively rebuild from the ashes of this defeat and reclaim control of the federal government, it must put in place new leadership that has the lived experience, cultural competence, and electoral sophistication to build power and win elections in a highly racially charged environment.
Agreed tho a LOT of those "POC" in 2017 would've counted as "white" during Jim Crow.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:50 AM

15,798 posts, read 21,318,694 times
The last Red Sox game I went to this summer, the couple behind me got in a drunken fight, spilled beer on me and the friend I was sitting with, and got carted out by the police. Just another day at the ballpark.

Can't say I'm all too bothered or "inconvenienced", as someone put it, by a sign in comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies