Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 10:30 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,281,333 times

Advertisements

Hillary is a huge disappointment to me, a left leaning independent. From everything I have read and heard about her book, and excerpts from herself, I haven't heard her take any accountability for her loss. From Comey to Sanders to Russia - she doesn't have enough fingers and toes to point at everything that "caused" her to lose the election. All excuses to me, because I believe she could have approached her campaign differently. Not saying she would have won, but in my eyes she was as busy digging her own grave as all the things she blames her loss on.

All I've heard from Trump thus far is how great everything is going. I'm no political expert by any means, but I wouldn't define his beginnings as POTUS as great. I understand no person would call themselves out for their own shortcomings or under estimation of the job at hand, but with all the waffling thus far in office there has been no accountability for the failures/weaknesses of changing the ACA or the wall or immigration etc. He's been stumbling, but like Hillary he seems to always point the finger elsewhere.

Sports isn't like politics, but at least when a team is losing or having a rough time, generally the top player looks at themselves in the mirror first before ever blaming other players, coaches, or management. It happens sometimes, but nothing like what I've seen from Hillary or Trump.

Last edited by metalmancpa; 09-14-2017 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 11:37 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
People drawn to politics seems to overwhelmingly be narcissists. The people that get involved with federal government almost all seem to be narcissists.

If you are a good, down-to-earth person, why on Earth would you want to get involved with national politics? The main reasons I can see are to acquire power and to use the position to get rich.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:53 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Hillary is a huge disappointment to me, a left leaning independent. From everything I have read and heard about her book, and excerpts from herself, I haven't heard her take any accountability for her loss. From Comey to Sanders to Russia - she doesn't have enough fingers and toes to point at everything that "caused" her to lose the election. All excuses to me, because I believe she could have approached her campaign differently. Not saying she would have won, but in my eyes she was as busy digging her own grave as all the things she blames her loss on.

All I've heard from Trump thus far is how great everything is going. I'm no political expert by any means, but I wouldn't define his beginnings as POTUS as great. I understand no person would call themselves out for their own shortcomings or under estimation of the job at hand, but with all the waffling thus far in office there has been no accountability for the failures/weaknesses of changing the ACA or the wall or immigration etc. He's been stumbling, but like Hillary he seems to always point the finger elsewhere.

Sports isn't like politics, but at least when a team is losing or having a rough time, generally the top player looks at themselves in the mirror first before ever blaming other players, coaches, or management. It happens sometimes, but nothing like what I've seen from Hillary or Trump.
So one is a poor loser and the other is a poor winner. I'll stand with the winner. At least he is still in the game and the first quarter isn't over.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
You dare to compare Trump to Hillary? Please.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:59 AM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,618 times
No kidding, her display of mental instability over the last few weeks is far beyond what liberals have accused Trump of possessing.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:04 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,736,838 times
I have to agree. I was shocked listening to an interview with Hillary she was still blaming everyone else. She cannot see the forest through the trees. I have no desire to read her book, perhaps there is more in there about why she is at fault.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:07 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
Much of its a game played to fool people who take it too seriously. Bill Clinton himself apparently encouraged trump to take a more active roll in the republican party shortly before he announced he was running.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5e2_story.html

They used to be good friends and trump had no intention of ever locking her up....I knew all this going in and still voted for him. Why not? More interesting than having Hillary in there.

What's gonna happen is by 2020 trump will have so impressed both sides hell get reelected. Most of the news stories calling him racist and the like are completely baseless, and as the extreme left gets more coocoo people are tuning them out anyways. Its almost like they are trying to get republicans elected by sabotaging the democrat party, but I think I'm over thinking it and the Hollywood left as I would call them simply dont know how to play politics and let their emotions control them.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:18 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,281,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You dare to compare Trump to Hillary? Please.
I'm only mentioning accountability as a trait and nothing else. They are not comparable in any other way. I'm just a disenchanted liberal who cannot believe Hillary and her being such a blind idiot not understanding how much she herself hurt her campaign. And I mention Trump because he's tossed blame everywhere else, evident by high turnover in his cabinet.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:24 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,055 times
Hillary is a non issue. A closed chapter in US politics. Yes, she is now venting her frustration, but with time she will be forgotten and other candidates will take the central stage. All she can do it talk.
Trump on the other hand, is a big problem. But eventually he will also be kicked out and others will represent the Republican Party in the 2020 elections.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:47 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Hillary is a non issue. A closed chapter in US politics. Yes, she is now venting her frustration, but with time she will be forgotten and other candidates will take the central stage. All she can do it talk.
Trump on the other hand, is a big problem. But eventually he will also be kicked out and others will represent the Republican Party in the 2020 elections.

You're kidding if you don't think Hillary doesn't have influence in the Democratic Party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies