Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the right forgive Trump for passing amnesty?
yes 13 32.50%
No 27 67.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 11:44 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times

Advertisements

Joel Pollak, Sr. Editor at Brietbart said it best on MSNBC. I totally agree.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:18 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who made excuses for Reagan on this matter? Names?

Or are you simply making it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
reagan made a deal, the democrats screwed him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Reagan signed the amnesty with the promise from Congress that once he signed amnesty, they would start enforcing our immigration laws. They lied to him, as they always do.
I'm already hearing excuses from Trump fans.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:35 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I'm already hearing excuses from Trump fans.
Good grief, no! You have severe problems with basic reading comprehension.

I pointed out how Trump, simply signing a bill to provide amnesty to DACA will not be a fix, would be a colossal failure. Trump will need to fix the underlying problems with the lack of immigration enforcement, first.

Reagan signed amnesty, with the agreement from congress that immigration enforcement would follow, and we would not need to do another amnesty for a million more illegals decades later. He made a big mistake, because the Congress lied to him. We do not need Trump to repeat that with another mistake.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:44 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants : NPR

Conservatives make excuses for Reagan granting amnesty to millions of undocumented immigrant, he was forced to, he was not in the right state of mind, etc..

Will they do the same for Trump?

I personally believe they will forgive him
This was supposed to be one shot deal and tied to increased enforcement at the border to prevent the situation we have now. Increased enforcement never occurred...

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. This is why you're never going to see any support for this again.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:49 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to millions and conservatives forgave him, will they forgive Trump for doing the same?

I cannot believe it matters.

It is very clear that virtually no one is interested in enforcing immigration laws. Indeed I doubt many people even know we have such laws. Rare is the person who can differentiate between legal and illegal.

Both parties wanted an open border and that is what we have. It's pretty much a dead topic now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies