Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 03:20 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,689,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I wonder for all you fake patriots out there who are getting on this boy, if the school told everyone they didn't have to stand for the pledge, how many kids would stand? I remember back in the day how everyone begrudgingly stood every morning, and hoarsely repeated words. If every school across this country told the kids they didn't have to stand if they didn't want to, well over 98% of kids wouldn't do it.

All you fake-triots can stop with this noise about black students choosing not to stand for the pledge being unpatriotic. Black people have been the most loyal to this nation, in spite having no real reason to be.
I stood proud each and every day, when I was a child, saying the Pledge of Allegiance. I knew of NO kids who begrudgingly stood there and regretted said those words. For those who feed their kids this kind of disrespect to the American Flag, why don't you and all your friends move to North Korea?? If you don't like respecting the American flag and don't believe in it and living in America.... My 3 kids never said they hated saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Where is this coming from??

Old 09-15-2017, 03:20 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,329,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I see people are so busy on their soapbox that they don't even bother to pay attention to the actual story. The child didn't say he was staying seated out of political protest, he said that he/his family believed in making pledges to God, not to a flag. Perhaps they are Jehovah's Witnesses or another denomination that has a policy position on this.

In any case, it's obviously completely inappropriate for a teacher to handle a student in that manner.
Exactly. I hope religion is involved because that will create a strange conundrum for conservatives. Do they support a kid exercising his right to religious freedom or insist that he give up that right in favor of their brand of fauxtriotism?

Old 09-15-2017, 03:21 PM

2,342 posts, read 1,412,559 times
I know the race of the teacher wasn't revealed in the piece, but come on, no way a black teacher would do this. We did integration completely wrong. Instead of doing it from top to bottom, we did it from the bottom and nothing else. By that I mean we integrated black students into white schools. White schools which had a white school board, white curriculum, and white teachers who cared nothing for black students. We pretty much let black children into a den of wolves back in the 60s. (For those who think I'm being harsh with this, go look at the clips of those early days of integration of the schools) So again, we should have integrated from top to bottom. We should have put black people on the school board, making it at least 50/50. We should have integrated the curriculum, make sure we teach the whole history of slavery, reconstruction, the Freedman's Bureau, and Jim Crow. Also teach how black people never got reparations, showing us why we are still at the bottom of society. Then we should have integrated the teachers, again 50/50. (Most of you don't know most black teachers lost their jobs because the white population didn't want them teaching their kids. We as black people should have been just as vehement as they were, but of course we were a vulnerable people.) Finally, after all that, then we integrate the students.

Because of this failure, you still have black children being taught by people who could care less for them. Our kids are being taught by grown folks who don't think twice about using violence on them if they refuse to stand for the flag.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:23 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,012,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Everyone faces racism at some point but what I am saying is that racism is not any kind of major factor in the lives of regular working law abiding citizens in America today. Do people who live in ghettos and have criminal record laws believe they are victims of white racism? Yes they do believe that but most people simply do not care what unproductive criminals think.

I know your waiting for me to tell you I am not black so you can cleverly tell me then " how could I understand racism directed at blacks"? Sorry to spoil it for you. What I see is most black people I know work like I do, follow the law like I do, live similar lives to mine and you expect me to see them as victims of racism against those of my ethnicity? No I do not and will not accept that. The minority of blacks living in criminal ghettos do not speak for blacks as a whole nor are they an authority on the issue of racism. They are however professional victims. It is sad to see thier poisonous thinking spreading through our youth through the efforts of SJW types and brainwashed millenials. Again this thinking is ruining our nation. Not long ago racial tension seemed to be a soon to be thing of the past. This whining and protesting has revived the old bad feelings from decades ago.
Right, who would know better about racism than the white guy on the internet?

Old 09-15-2017, 03:25 PM

2,342 posts, read 1,412,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I stood proud each and every day, when I was a child, saying the Pledge of Allegiance. I knew of NO kids who begrudgingly stood there and regretted said those words. For those who feed their kids this kind of disrespect to the American Flag, why don't you and all your friends move to North Korea?? If you don't like respecting the American flag and don't believe in it and living in America.... My 3 kids never said they hated saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Where is this coming from??
North Korea wouldn't allow anyone to disrespect their flag. Is that what you want America to be? Yet again, black folk have been the most loyal people to this country. We built most of it's wealth, and received nothing for it. It's America who should be pledging allegiance to black people descendants of slaves.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:26 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,074,153 times
Quote:
Ah, the old "if you don't agree with me, you're a communist" card.

A classic. Lazy and overused. But a classic none the less. And you added your own "North Korea" flare, which is again, a little lazy, but at least better than the "commie" garbage.

2/10

Old 09-15-2017, 03:27 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,318,998 times
Quote:
No one like to bring this stuff up with people like you because look at how triggered yall get about this. Why would I even discuss my dislike of the issue when all you're going to do is rattle off a bunch of fake patriotic jargon and tell people to leave. Essentially, its a waste of time. And there's the matter of maybe you just weren't exposed to this side of things. These sentiments have always been here, you just seem to be speaking for a world centered around you and claiming that your personal experience is the American template.

But yeah, waste of time dealing with people triggered by peaceful and quiet protests.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:28 PM

46,841 posts, read 25,778,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
You gotta love the old white guy they interviewed. "They have the right to sit, but I would like to explain how they don't understand what that right entails" WTF does that even mean?
Joseph Heller put it neatly:
Quote:
The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:31 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,076,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Joseph Heller put it neatly:
can't rep you but excellent post

Old 09-15-2017, 03:31 PM

46,841 posts, read 25,778,697 times
Quote:
Interestingly, North Korean schoolkids are as proud, if not prouder, to recite canned praise for their country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies