Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 01:57 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Sounds right. All those monuments came into being between 1895 and 1925, not after the Civil War and not to commemorate the civil war heros.
They were put in place in response to Jim Crow laws and SCOTUS rulings that were passed claiming that blacks were separate from whites.
They were usually put in the center of town to remind the blacks that we whites run this place and don't you ever forget it.

It's time for them to go. Whites don't run the place any more. Get used to it.[/QUOTEt

This post just screams I hate all white people!!! Pretty sad...

SandraMoore66 posted, This post just screams I hate all white people!!! Pretty sad...

]SandraMoore66 posted, This post just screams I hate all white people!!! Pretty sad..

No it doesn't. It factually recounts the erection of the confederate monuments when Jim Crow came into being after reconstruction. They were never erected right after the civil war to honor the generals and leaders of the rebellion. They were erected right after Jim Crow and segregation.
It's true, white man don't run the place any more that's why you all are screaming so loud now. Segregation is dead. Exclusion of diversity is fought by rank and file Americans tooth and nail. We will not accept racists walking around synagogues with torches saying "White Lives Matter", "you will not replace us" and the tried and true Nazi mantra, Blood and soil". In 10 years whites will be a minority in america.
I stand by my reasons and my post. Word for word.

If I was in a room with you you would never know I was 3/4 native american. The Irish side of my father is my most prominent characteristic.
If I kept my mouth shut, someone would probably try to recruit me for one of their white supremacy cadres, I'm so white.
But I'm white on the outside and pure Mohawk on the inside.

You are so off base with your post, you're on the wrong planet.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's really simple, people have become a bunch of cry babies who are offended by the stupidest things, at some point everybody is offended by something so we will have to remove all statues historical, religious and anything else people should be ashamed to be such weak childish babies, grown people acting like a spoiled 2 year old.
Scorning people for being crybabies??

You have zero clue about what proper scorn for a person is. Proper scorn (and disrespect in general) is exclusively for use against people who consciously and deliberately hurt, harm, or demean the dignity of others clearly with that goal in mind - not because the scorn's target likewise hurt, harm, or degraded others in the spirit just said, but simply because they have traits highly unpopular with many people. Merely being a crybaby is, at worst, a minor annoyance; and a trivial annoyance besides compared to the level of personalized degradation of the scorn's target. The only reason to scorn crybabies is that the most primitive parts of our brains say so, and the most primitive parts of our brain are no longer a practical guide for figuring out a person's worth, if it ever was one.

As for the "offense" against statues? Seriously, go back and read my posts again. Maybe then something'll click in your head so that you'll have at least some idea what I mean. "Offense" itself, sometimes some things are right to get offended over, like insisting on keeping around in public symbols that celebrate leaders and/or event that demeaned huge numbers of people. How long ago is irrelevant. I somehow doubt I'd get a lot of praise in Russia if I called for raising a statue to Batu Khan, although I could be wrong.

Weakness is not something to be ashamed of, for weakness in and of itself is not a conscious and deliberate attempt to hurt, harm, or demean others dignity. Nor is it a willfully callous indifference to the negative effects an act or expression has on others. End of Story. Same thing for being childish and (to a degree) spoiled (exception: if their spoiled, entitled attitude does show such a degradation or indifference toward others).

Note well that you didn't even begin to address the points in my last post. Therefore, your personal distaste toward crybabies and weaklings in general (with or without the statue issue) is a classic case of "Pot. Kettle. Black" (no pun intended).

Old 09-17-2017, 02:12 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
It's really simple, people have become a bunch of cry babies who are offended by the stupidest things, at some point everybody is offended by something so we will have to remove all statues historical, religious and anything else people should be ashamed to be such weak childish babies, grown people acting like a spoiled 2 year old.
You say the same thing over and over in this thread. Each time it carries less and less credibility, until you have nothing left in the bucket.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
A statue can't hurt you and that is the only fact there is, if it hurts you then you are the problem not the statue and that is a fact. People need to grow up. Please feel free to show us where the big bad statue hurt you.
The removal of a statue can't hurt you either. Grow up. Please feel free to show us how removing an old, confederate statue hurts you.

Many times there are not people calling for removal - but the city council simply makes that decision.

Why is that a problem for you?

Old 09-17-2017, 04:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Hush and get rid of the damn statues. No one is interested in your sniveling.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:36 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
LOL, your whining isn't worthy of my time. Whine on!
You are the one who refuses to answer anyone's questions. And you are doing alot of whining yourself. You are the one deflecting.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:59 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why is that relevant to what he said?
Its very relevant.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
All these tough guys can do is argue from caricature - blow dogwhistle caricatures of "whining", "weakness", "crybabies", etc., no doubt sourced in our reptilian brainstem's (or culture's, whatever) kneejerk distaste of such people. This is just one of those Vic Mackey-bald assertions that people never question - just assume to be true without proof. Apparently they expect the rest of us to simply agree with the assumptions of either (a) that such people are "whining", etc., and/or (b) "whiners" deserve whatever disrespect or dismissal that comes their way. This, I hold, is simply bogus.

If we dismissed all weak and sensitive types, we'd seriously cripple our society; for good ideas and even many tasks do not depend on thick skin, fortitude, and social dominance skills (science, medicine, engineering, software coding, etc). It may not stop progress entirely, including life-saving measures and knowledge, but it'd sure inhibit it. That is exactly what I'd conclude IF I were to think physical or personal forcefulness were the main yardstick with which to measure one's worthiness of disrespect and/or dismissal. OK, that was a huge tangent, but I am trying to get below the surface of the issue here.

Moving back toward the topic....A lot of "tough guys" themselves are hypocrites by their own standards, for they whine and complain bitterly when people challenge traditional definitions of this and that which benefit them at the expense of the powerless. History is simply littered with such examples, even regarding labor in factories and mines and such. Fair shake to the working class (realistically humane wages and working hours)? Toughen up, says management. You pay taxes without representatives in government? Don't be such a crybaby.

I could go on, but I think my point is clear.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:04 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Its very relevant.
How? Why did you feel the need to bring up race in this particular instance?

Old 09-17-2017, 05:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How? Why did you feel the need to bring up race in this particular instance?
Wait, are you saying that the Lee statue has nothing to do with race?

If he's ashamed of whatever race he is, I can understand his reluctance to answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies