Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 06:22 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,480,654 times

Advertisements

I don't know why people are surprised. Trump is your classic NYC successful businessman... aka great at selling (aka BSing). Great salespeople are good at anticipating what people want to hear and saying it in slippery ways.

Trump: No amnesty!
Trump supporters: YEAH Deport all illegals
Trump: But don't you think DACA kids should stay?
Trump supporters: WTF you said no amnesty
Sanders: DACA isn't technically amnesty.

Classic sales tactic - from someone who's done sales.... and then been on the other end, trying to make sales' promises to the customer come true.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:23 PM

6,599 posts, read 4,978,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think a lot of posters on here hit on a lot of very good points. Donald Trump saw anger in a lot of Americans, and , being the con man he is, he capitalized on it and said the words they wanted to hear. "Wall, drug dealers and rapists, Mexico will pay for it......believe me, etc". But now that reality is hitting Trump in the face, the reality that Mexico isn't going to pay for it, the reality that even his own side do not want to punish innocent children for something their parents did, he is having to back pedal or lose it all.

Consequently, the ANGRY people who wanted Mexicans gone.......ALL Mexicans, and who wanted a YUGE wall built as a monument to their victory.........are now even more angry because he lied to them too.

To us, on the other side, it is no big deal because we always KNEW he was a liar, and the wall and deporting everyone was just campaign BS. But they bought it, hook, line, and sinker. Welcome to reality, Trumpees, this is just the beginning of things he promised you that will never come into fruition. You all were conned bigly.
but were they?, I think you can certainly make a case that Trump did want to do all those things, that he did not fully comprehend checks and balances and that the idea of running goverment like a business is faulty but running it like a family business where you dont even answer to a board or stockholders is just insane. Trump could have very well thought he can round up all the illegals, ban muslims, tell NK shut up or I am going to kick your ass, etc etc. A funnier scenario is that he became what he wanted to be, god emperor to flyover america, did his tours, went to pensatucky packed the venues, and then said to himself "this is it" I am going to be shut out of every entertainment event, completely vilified in every major city for this. He wants back in.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:25 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,752,946 times
Lol I'll say it's hilarious. Meanwhile, one of the "disenchanted Trump supporters" () coos bon mots such as Everyone knows Hillary Clinton is the real president, anyway.

Not that there aren't voters--on both sides-- who turn tail when everything doesn't go their way.

And not that Schumer and Pelosi aren't the biggest damn creatures in the swamp. *sigh*

Old 09-15-2017, 06:31 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,233,866 times
This is "fake news." I was just watching an Antifa protest where they were burning MAGA hats in protest. These were not Trump supporters.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I don't trust that trump will do the right thing for the daca recipients, but I'm finding the histrionics of the Trumpettes amusing.
What is "the right thing?" These people were brought here illegally. The "right thing" is they should apply for citizenship like anyone else, and have their case reviewed. In other words, no free pass. Get in line.

They have been receiving benefits illegally (education, etc.) in violation of Law.

This is a problem Obama created by ignoring our Laws. Now you want to blame Trump? Amazing ...and disgusting. Liberals ignore the law and then blame those who think we should enforce it.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pence doesn't have any, either.
Well, he has a lot more than you do.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:43 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,610,245 times
I hear Trump is selling new ones on his web site - $40. This is a scheme to enrich their great leader even more.

What if $10 from each hat went to The Wall?

Old 09-15-2017, 06:44 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,680,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is "fake news." I was just watching an Antifa protest where they were burning MAGA hats in protest. These were not Trump supporters.
Did you read the twitter histories on those folks who were posting themselves burning their hats? They were indeed trump supporters. that is not to say that other people may have also been burning maga hats, but there are a lot of trumpissts who are peeved bigly at trump.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, since we all like Fake News so much, we may as well continue with lots of it. Then, even Trumpies and the Russians will be confused.

Maybe they will realize someday that the truth matters.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
The person with the most votes wins--that's how it works.

But of course..it's all up to you.
Not true in 2000. Not true in 2016.

The person with the most delegates from the EC wins and "damn the most votes".

Then we have the issue of "counted votes" as opposed to cast votes. We also have voter purges, shortages of voting machines in the "right" places and much more.

The way this country works now - you have to win by a LOT or you lose to whoever controls the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies