Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:08 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times

Advertisements

Most Americans Oppose White Supremacists, But Many Share Their Views: Poll

Name one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 07:15 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
The definition of "white supremacist" has gotten rather loosely broad these days.

This "poll" is just another attempt to further expand it to pretty much anyone of Eropean ancestry.

Do these people really have nothing better to do?

Old 09-16-2017, 05:32 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The definition of "white supremacist" has gotten rather loosely broad these days.

This "poll" is just another attempt to further expand it to pretty much anyone of Eropean ancestry.

Do these people really have nothing better to do?
Racism means anything the Left wants it to mean and anyone who questions their definition is racist to them. Name calling is the classic method of dehumanizing and demonizing those you disagree with.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 09-16-2017 at 06:54 AM..

Old 09-16-2017, 05:43 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
This is no way surprising and, in fact, somewhat obvious. The issue with the U.S. "culture" over the years is that it has been so extremely race-centered that many people - especially white Americans - lack true culture and a cultural identity.

White Americans of the past failed to see this occur but this is the result of a race-centric society. They caused the development of a paranoid culture that seeks "racial" preservation but is often devoid of true tradition and culture, or at the least, the recognition of such.

The fact that to many statues are such a huge deal and feel like an attack on their culture is another example.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:33 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This is no way surprising and, in fact, somewhat obvious. The issue with the U.S. "culture" over the years is that it has been so extremely race-centered that many people - especially white Americans - lack true culture and a cultural identity.
You are about as wrong as it is possible to be. White Americans have, for at least the past 50 years, gone to extreme lengths to avoid being race-centric. All the while blacks and others, encouraged by the white elite left, have cultivated their race-centered identities and grievances, exerting extreme pressure on ordinary whites to respond in kind.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:59 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You are about as wrong as it is possible to be. White Americans have, for at least the past 50 years, gone to extreme lengths to avoid being race-centric. All the while blacks and others, encouraged by the white elite left, have cultivated their race-centered identities and grievances, exerting extreme pressure on ordinary whites to respond in kind.
Yep, some black folks are saying this very thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53TkN4bPyGw

Old 09-16-2017, 07:11 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Do left whites feel this way or just right ones? Anything on that ?

Old 09-16-2017, 07:15 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
So it is OK for everyone but "White Europeans" to respect their own ethnicity. Got it.

White Privilege strikes again!!! LOL!

Old 09-16-2017, 08:45 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think this poll just about shows why some seem to have a rather muted opinion of white supremacists, and would instead shift and focus anger on Antifa, BLM, and other leftist type groups instead.

As I have stated several times previously, while many may not support the extremist views about people of color groups like the KKK and neo nazi types have, they in fact do support some aspects of their views, particularly preservation of European American identity in the United States. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, so to speak.

Now, unlike some people of color, I see nothing wrong with wanting to preserve your racial/ethnic identity and heritage. If you are white, and want to preserve your heritage and that of your descendants, I don't see anything wrong with that. As long as you don't share the racist views of white supremacist groups who view people of color as subhuman.

But let's face it, it's these very types of extremist racist groups that are the only ones not afraid to publicly speak their mind and not be cowed by any sort of P.C. ideals. So that is why you see some amount of support and sympathy for them by people on this forum and in America.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/most-amer...195150184.html

Quote:
A new poll in the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, finds that while Americans widely say they oppose racism and white nationalism, many still appear to hold far-right, white supremacist views.
I find it interesting to look at the kind of language the racist use. "Appear" is one. Perception bias is a weak foundation for accusations. To a race baiter it is useful when there is no actual evidence. Many things appear to be something that they are not. The man in a cowboy hat and boots with jeans and a big belt buckle appeared to be a cowboy UNTIL he broke his silence when questioned. All hat and no cattle.
The meaningless has no meaning, so that must mean something. I'll assign the meaning to it I chose and see if I can sell that to like minded fools.

Last edited by phma; 09-16-2017 at 09:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies