Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 09:15 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,648 times

Advertisements

I have a friend..who has taken it upon himself to teach refugees about the 2nd amendment and their right to bear arms--he takes them to the range..teaches them to shoot and how to care for a weapon..and explains that it is their right to bear arms--he's gotten a lot of blowback from 3%ers ans their ilk..who say he is a traitor to the US..What say the crowd?

http://vrolyk.org/guns/alien-laws.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 09:20 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
IMO, non-citizens do not have Constitutional Rights.
Teaching them to shoot and properly handle firearms, no problem, but they do not have the Right To Keep and Bear Arms, IMO.
In fact, it is probably illegal for them to purchase a firearm. If it is illegal for my Nevada resident son to purchase a gun in Montana, how can a legal or illegal resident alien qualify?

Old 09-16-2017, 09:22 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I have a friend..who has taken it upon himself to teach refugees about the 2nd amendment and their right to bear arms--he takes them to the range..teaches them to shoot and how to care for a weapon..and explains that it is their right to bear arms--he's gotten a lot of blowback from 3%ers ans their ilk..who say he is a traitor to the US..What say the crowd?

http://vrolyk.org/guns/alien-laws.html
By immigrant you mean illegal alien?

I am a legal immigrant and I support the 2nd. As per GCA, illegal aliens don't have the right to keep and bear arms. However, I disagree.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:23 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,042 times
I can't imagine being such a jackass to believe that the constitution should only apply to citizens.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Teaching them to shoot and properly handle firearms, no problem, but they do not have the Right To Keep and Bear Arms, IMO.
In fact, it is probably illegal for them to purchase a firearm. If it is illegal for my Nevada resident son to purchase a gun in Montana, how can a legal or illegal resident alien qualify?
Legal immigrants have every right citizens have except for voting and running for offices.

Of course in some sanctuary cities, illegal aliens can vote.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I can't imagine being such a jackass to believe that the constitution should only apply to citizens.
Did you just call the Supreme Court jackass?

Old 09-16-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Note my posted link..it is legal for them to own and bear arms in most States..subject to a 90 day residency requirement.

As to your assertion that non-citizens do not/should not have constitutional rights..no fair trial/ no freedom of speech, no protections of any sort?

Of course, an illegal alien is not allowed to purchase or bear arms..but a refugee is a legal resident..and has the right to both purchase and bear arms..in fact, in my State, Idaho, they can open carry and carry concealed without a permit..I called the Sheriff and checked.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
By immigrant you mean illegal alien?

I am a legal immigrant and I support the 2nd. As per GCA, illegal aliens don't have the right to keep and bear arms. However, I disagree.
no..I mean a legal resident of the US.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:26 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,077 times
The founding fathers clearly stated that the constitution in an enumeration of God given rights. God created everything and everyone. Done.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
no..I mean a legal resident of the US.
A legal immigrant has the right to keep and bear arms. That's plain and simple.

In fact, everyone who is legally here has that right according to the present law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies