Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 10:42 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,131,647 times

Advertisements

The best idea for California is to secede from the USA and then we should build a wall around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 10:53 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What other countries have had such lax immigration law enforcement as the U.S. had under Obama? Just try to emigrate to Mexico, Canada, Australia, etc, and see what they say. Also, just try to sneak into another country and see what happens. I'll mail you a cake with a file in it, as you will be there a LONG time.
Um.....Iḿ unsure what youŕe getting at but Iḿ sure itś really good. lol

Old 09-17-2017, 11:48 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Um.....Iḿ unsure what youŕe getting at but Iḿ sure itś really good. lol
You can ignore facts, and the truth all you want, it still won't change things.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:21 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Those hurricanes and tornadoes happen way more than earthquakes - - especially in San Diego. We'll take our money and you can worry about our earthquakes.
But when the do happen, they cause huge amounts of damage. And you are due for one, last big one was almost 30 years ago.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:51 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Not sure if they wish to be 'above' all Federal laws..they just don't want to enforce it..which is their right.
BS.

This isn't about money, it's about ideology.

All these liberal cities and states that tax and spend like no tomorrow and throw other peoples money around like it was so much fertilizer are going to try to say it's about fiscal responsibility?

Lol........yeah right.

How much does it cost to make a phone call to the feds and be cooperative?

Old 09-17-2017, 03:57 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
BS.

All these liberal cities and states that tax and spend like no tomorrow and throw other peoples money around like it was so much fertilizer are going to try to say it's about fiscal responsibility?

Lol........yeah right.

Everything comes down to money. Just don't ask me for a BAILOUT, California, when it all comes collapsing down around you due to your OWN HORRIBLE CHOICES!

Old 09-17-2017, 04:18 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
BS.

Lol........yeah right.

I concede the point...which I made in one of my posts--that this IS political...the State is making a point..which I disagree with, BTW..but..they have the right to make said point..they are breaking no laws.

It's about money..from the Federal point of view..because without the State's help..they are unwilling/unable to enforce their laws effectively. Mostly unwilling..because they don't want the political fallout or the increased expense.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:40 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Everything comes down to money. Just don't ask me for a BAILOUT, California, when it all comes collapsing down around you due to your OWN HORRIBLE CHOICES!
wow you have so much $ that you could bail out California? Are you looking for a girlfriend, I'm old but I'm smart and in pretty good shape

Old 09-17-2017, 06:54 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I concede the point...which I made in one of my posts--that this IS political...the State is making a point..which I disagree with, BTW..but..they have the right to make said point..they are breaking no laws.
It's about money..from the Federal point of view..because without the State's help..they are unwilling/unable to enforce their laws effectively. Mostly unwilling..because they don't want the political fallout or the increased expense.
Actually the feds has refused for decades to replace ICE detainers with arrest warrants. And the detainers violate the fourth amendment.

The Highest state court in Massachusetts ruled on Monday that court officers do not have the authority, under state law, to hold people in custody based solely on the requests from federal immigration authorities known as civil detainers."
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/u...s.html?mcubz=0

That is not the first such ruling, but it is the first since DHS revised their guidelines for ICE detainers in March of this year. Every court who has heard one of these cases have ruled that ICE detainers are NOT arrest warrants and their revised policy in March didn't do a thing to make them legal.
https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/is..._detainers.pdf

DHS could change this in a heartbeat because if these detainers actually constitute probable cause any federal judge in the Country would be willing to sign them, since they refuse to do so one should probably assume that ICE detainers are garbage.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:24 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
The thing to remember is that Federal law is above state/city laws

Federal law states that it is illegal to harbor/aid an illegal alien....so sanctuary cities are illegal and violating federal law

If Cali wants to become a sanctuary state, it would then (as a state) be in violation of federal law.....

If Cali wants to become a sanctuary state, then they should seriously think about the Calexit idea

Cali is a very large state (land and population)....cali has a large economy (cant remember the exact number something like the 7th, or 9th, or 16th in the world)....Cali also has an extremely large debt
FYI, Cali is the 6th largest economy in the world behind rest of the United States, China, Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom. The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis reported that California's GDP was $2.5 trillion in 2015, up 4.1 percent from a year earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies