Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 05:58 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
No, not really.

If I were an anchor at CNN, I wouldn't let someone come on and act like that.

I mean, I'd handle it different from how these two people did. They did their whole "I can't believe you said something sexist" act, like he good little CNN talking heads they are. But their disgust with his comment is entirely reasonable. The job of a news anchor is to inform the public of particular controversies and the views associated with them. Some guy trolling and acting like an ass isn't a good mode.

What I would have said instead of the pseudo-SJW outrage: "act like an adult or get the **** off my show you stupid ****."

But I'm less tolerant of trolls than the people who think Milo is intelligent.
He still made his case.

He got kicked off CNN just for saying he likes boobs in general and Jemele Hill still has a job at ESPN after slandering the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 06:28 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Don't you find it a bit ironic that a discussion on free speech that some may find offensive comes to a screeching halt because somebody says "boobs"???
Amazing isn't it that there are folks on here that need an explanation?
(Well, they ARE called Dims for a reason!)
You get it my friend!

Old 09-16-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
He still made his case.

He got kicked off CNN just for saying he likes boobs in general and Jemele Hill still has a job at ESPN after slandering the President.
They will never "Get It!"

It is above the thought processes of the C-D, CNN folks!

Old 09-16-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Amazing isn't it that there are folks on here that need an explanation?
(Well, they ARE called Dims for a reason!)
You get it my friend!
Quote:

Even more ironic... the pussyhat-and-giant-vagina-costume-tribe are offended by boobs.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:59 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
He still made his case.

Which is a stupid comment make.

As I said, i wouldn't put up with that ****. Children don't get to be interviewed for political controversies. They way CNN handled it was stupid beyond measure, but they're not really in the wrong for taking issue with some guy making some idiotic, high schooler comment when he was there to talk about a specific issue.

Maybe I think people should take things seriously.

Now, if he thought the whole EPSN controversy was too stupid to take seriously (which is fine; that's where I am with that), you just don't talk about it. Milo has made acting like a complete piece of **** cool, but it's not. It trivializes politics way more than wasting airtime talking about who ESPN should hire or fire.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:02 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:

You acting like you're my intellectual superior doesn't carry much weight when the only responses you've contributed to your own thread have amounted to you high fiving people who agree with you.

If you're so damn clever, you'd engage in debate. You've strangely had nothing to say to the people who don't share you sen on this particular issue.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Which is a stupid comment make.

As I said, i wouldn't put up with that ****. Children don't get to be interviewed for political controversies. They way CNN handled it was stupid beyond measure, but they're not really in the wrong for taking issue with some guy making some idiotic, high schooler comment when he was there to talk about a specific issue.

Maybe I think people should take things seriously.

Now, if he thought the whole EPSN controversy was too stupid to take seriously (which is fine; that's where I am with that), you just don't talk about it. Milo has made acting like a complete piece of **** cool, but it's not. It trivializes politics way more than wasting airtime talking about who ESPN should hire or fire.
He was speaking about ESPN's (and CNN's) political hypocrisy; that's what makes his "1st Amendment and boobs" allegory so perfect.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:43 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
I think the point he was making was obvious. This woman on ESPN slanders the POTUS and nothing happens to her. He makes a silly harmless comment and he gets kicked off the set. Why? Because of the politics of the MSM. If he had made some sort of horrible remark about the POTUS he would have finished the show.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:47 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Don't you find it a bit ironic that a discussion on free speech that some may find offensive comes to a screeching halt because somebody says "boobs"???
Look, just because we have a law that says Congress won't make laws restricting free speech doesn't mean that we have decided as a society to pitch all social norms put the window. PRIVATE entities are still well within their rights to censor your free speech, and people may shun you if you behave like a pig. Nobody said you are absolved of social judgment.

Yes, Clay is within his legal rights to make these statements, but that doesn't mean he's NOT a boor and that women (and men) aren't within their rights to be turned off by his behavior, particularly in context of this interview.

I think Clay just made a calculated move to boost his social media profile by generating some sensationalist controversy for himself...and clearly, he succeeded. He's like most celebrity talking heads, always hungry for attention. This is very good for his future earnings potential. The right-wing media circuit loves boorish behavior draped in the pretense of freedom (especially if CNN is on the other side!) and will be eating out of his hand for some time now.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, just because we have a law that says Congress won't make laws restricting free speech doesn't mean that we have decided as a society to pitch all social norms put the window. PRIVATE entities are still well within their rights to censor your free speech, and people may shun you if you behave like a pig. Nobody said you are absolved of social judgment.

Yes, Clay is within his legal rights to make these statements, but that doesn't mean he's NOT a boor and that women (and men) aren't within their rights to be turned off by his behavior, particularly in context of this interview.
So, you've turned off CNN and Don Lemon?
(Most libs are hypocrites so I can probably guess your answer)

Don Lemon Tells Kathy Griffin She Has a ‘Nice Rack’ (Video)

Don Lemon Tells Kathy Griffin She Has a 'Nice Rack' (Video)

As far as the other poster complaining that I haven't 'debated' him and that I only agree with those who agree with me?
You win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies