Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 05:44 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Bourdain is a hoot! He says outrageous things all the time. I was watching his show one time and they were approached by a band of marauding monkeys. Ugly ones.

Bourdain says " I hate these monkeys. Beady little eyes. Nipples like butt plugs." I almost fell off the couch laughing because it was a perfect description of said simians. I wouldn't want to watch his show with a child. Hey Mommy, what's a butt plug?

If you get your knickers in a twist over anything that old kitchen barnacle has to say, you should read his first book, Kitchen Confidential.

Bourdain wouldn't actually poison the president, but I have no doubt his plate would contain some extra ingredients. Like snot.
Well even if he were to only at ad bodily fluids to someones meal, it would show a disregard for the law, professionalism, and decency.

However, one wonders if you would find someone a hoot who might have said the same thing about Obama when he was potus.
I suspect not, but feel free to let us know.

`

Old 09-16-2017, 05:46 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Damn, I love his show too. I hope it won't get pulled.
It won't get pulled. Bourdain went too far, but this fits his persona somewhat. Bourdain isn't really that liberal despite what some might say. He uses firearms on his shows quite a bit and isn't afraid to butcher live animals on his show. Not something that fits a typical liberal stereotype. I enjoy his previous shows, but haven't seen his new one very much.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:49 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

However, one wonders if you would find someone a hoot who might have said the same thing about Obama when he was potus.

`
Your question is very inconvenient.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:49 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,636 times
Quote:
Well even if he were to only at ad bodily fluids to someones meal, it would show a disregard for the law, professionalism, and decency.

`
I also wonder if people who find this comment so offensive would have found the same comment about Obama offensive?

It's almost like many people here are different sides of the same idiot coin.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:57 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Is his book like Hillary's current blame book? The one where she says she's like Cersei Lanister?

Wonder what he has to say about that. I'm guessing nothing.
Bourdain has had several successful books. His first NY Times Bestseller was " Kitchen Confidential" and caused quite an uproar in the culinary industry back in the day. It should be required reading for anyone thinking about opening a restaurant. His other stuff varies between fiction and travel books.

I have no earthly idea why you would bring Clinton's book into this discussion. If you want to know what Bourdain thinks about it, ask him. But be prepared for a brutal response whether he liked it or loathed it. He isn't subtle

Old 09-16-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:

I have no earthly idea why you would bring Clinton's book into this discussion. If you want to know what Bourdain thinks about it, ask him. But be prepared for a brutal response whether he liked it or loathed it. He isn't subtle
Should be obvious. Bourdain holds a double standard just like the network that he's on. One for Trump, one for everyone else.

Then again, I only base this on what's posted here. I, like most critically thinking adults, have long since stopped watching CNN or any cable "news" outlet.

I suggest that you guys tune to the WWE if you are looking for this sort of thing.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:

`
I find Bourdain in general to be a hoot. I didn't hear his comments on cooking for Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump, so I imagine it was his usual dry humor, but I don't know, and wasn't commenting on these specific comments.

I think people got a little sensitive about people joking about killing Obama because there was a large minority of society who would have actually loved to see that happen.

Bourdain is blunt and offensive. It's his trademark.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Should be obvious. Bourdain holds a double standard just like the network that he's on. One for Trump, one for everyone else.

Then again, I only base this on what's posted here. I, like most critically thinking adults, have long since stopped watching CNN or any cable "news" outlet.

I suggest that you guys tune to the WWE if you are looking for this sort of thing.
How would you know what standards he holds or doesn't hold? You just admitted ( above ) your ignorance of his history as an author and chef, and just reinforced that statement with the fact that you don't watch CNN, and didn't see the comments in question.

Why are you even bothering with this discussion?

Old 09-16-2017, 06:09 PM

14,680 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Bourdain is the man.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
How would you know what standards he holds or doesn't hold?
Did you miss the "based on what was posted here" part?

If you think CNN, which helped Hillary cheat the debates, calls the election a "White Lash", and admits to creating fake news for the deranged for ratings, is a network of good standards, then so be it. That's your issue. But I don't have to watch it to know that it's nonsense now. This topic proves it.

I in fact love it. It only proves what I point out about CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies