Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Antifa is a terrorist group and should be forbidden or not?
Antifa should not be allowed as it should be labeled a terrorist/hate group 83 65.35%
Antifa should be allowed 44 34.65%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 11:28 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I misstated.
Standing up to Fascism and White Supremacy is self defense. Violence is only acceptable for self defense.
Violence is only acceptable in self defense against violence. It is not acceptable as "defense" against political ideas.
Quote:
I do not promote violence for violence's sake.
Make of it what you will.
You promote violence as a counter to ideas you don't like, which is indefensible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 11:34 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
But you aren't denying those statements are accurately quoted, so I guess what you are saying is that Slate is garbage because they dared to publish information that is not consistent with your opinion.
I read lots of opinions of what happened that fateful day. Slate would never ever publish ones that showed Antifa in a bad light, but there were plenty of those too.

However, here we have tales of the heroism and bravery of our laudable Antifa freedom fighters. Like I said, there were 'fine people' everywhere. Right?

I don't stand up for the violent idiot white nationalists in that particular incident, and I won't stand up for the violent Antifa who have attacked people [initiated violence] there and in other cities. But your first contribution to this thread was to post testimonials as to why Antifa are 'fine people.' You seem to be a supporter.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:37 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Antifa is a hate group and in my opinion should be labeled a terrorist group. What is your opinion?
Before I answer your poll, I want to know what you are asking. You say that they should be allowed or not be allowed. Allowed to what? Protest? No problem. That's their right. Get violent? No, that's not a right. But they can still be a...whatever mess it is that they think they are. They can wear their black sweatshirts, they can spend their days angry at the world, they can call everyone names (who cares), they can protest, they can say whatever they want. So in that sense, yes, they should be allowed.

All of that stops at: violence and infringing on other peoples rights, such as the freedom to move about without being detained (ie: blocking traffic).

Old 09-16-2017, 11:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I read lots of opinions of what happened that fateful day. Slate would never ever publish ones that showed Antifa in a bad light, but there were plenty of those too.

However, here we have tales of the heroism and bravery of our laudable Antifa freedom fighters. Like I said, there were 'fine people' everywhere. Right?

I don't stand up for the violent idiot white nationalists in that particular incident, and I won't stand up for the violent Antifa who have attacked people [initiated violence] there and in other cities. But your first contribution to this thread was to post testimonials as to why Antifa are 'fine people.' You seem to be a supporter.
There were people in Charlottesville who claimed that Antifa saved their lives. I did not say they were "fine people" so miss me with that.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:48 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I think it was pretty clear. You wrote: "standing up to fascism and white supremacy is self defense, violence is acceptable for self defense."

You are justifying and apologizing for masked thugs initiating violence. Because there's some sort of "fascism" or "white supremacy" -- so it's all righteous, despite the absence of *actual* violence from the people being attacked. Throwing in the "self-defense" bit is a banal bit of linguistic equivocation.
How is that initiating violence. There are two parts to the statement. Standing up to fascism, white supremacy and American Nazi is self defense. Especially if You're part of the diversity they want to eliminate. Americans have a long history of doing so.

I don't condone violence in any form unless it involves self defense.
I don't condone violence for violence sake and I don't condone Antifa actions in Berkeley.
But the rise of American Fascism, White Supremacy that is barely disguised as Nationalism, needs people ready to stand up to the Thugs on your side of the fence.
We need to be able to go toe to toe if necessary.

People in this nation are angry. All sides are angry for differents reasons. Blacks, Liberals, alt right, nothing but anger. Trump won the election on the anger ticket. Trumpsters are cashing in on the anger.
Those Berkeley guys were out of control. Your guys get out of control just as much or more.
Maybe they'll both learn some self discipline in the future.
Antifa is a result of the rise of various fringe right radicals. One wouldn't exist without the other.
You call all us liberals sheep but I guarantee you we will not roll over like pussys.

My Final word on antifa is
I don't know where they came from and I wish they would exercise a more disciplined and controlled manner of protesting but, because of the other side with their masks, ar15s, shields and clubs, with torches, marching around a synagogue, I'm glad they're here.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:44 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Before I answer your poll, I want to know what you are asking. You say that they should be allowed or not be allowed. Allowed to what? Protest? No problem. That's their right. Get violent? No, that's not a right. But they can still be a...whatever mess it is that they think they are. They can wear their black sweatshirts, they can spend their days angry at the world, they can call everyone names (who cares), they can protest, they can say whatever they want. So in that sense, yes, they should be allowed.

All of that stops at: violence and infringing on other peoples rights, such as the freedom to move about without being detained (ie: blocking traffic).
Has Antifa ever show up without violence?

Do they show without weapons?

Very easy answer!

Old 09-17-2017, 05:42 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
How is that initiating violence. There are two parts to the statement. Standing up to fascism, white supremacy and American Nazi is self defense. Especially if You're part of the diversity they want to eliminate. Americans have a long history of doing so.

I don't condone violence in any form unless it involves self defense.
I don't condone violence for violence sake and I don't condone Antifa actions in Berkeley.
But the rise of American Fascism, White Supremacy that is barely disguised as Nationalism, needs people ready to stand up to the Thugs on your side of the fence.
We need to be able to go toe to toe if necessary.

People in this nation are angry. All sides are angry for differents reasons. Blacks, Liberals, alt right, nothing but anger. Trump won the election on the anger ticket. Trumpsters are cashing in on the anger.
Those Berkeley guys were out of control. Your guys get out of control just as much or more.
Maybe they'll both learn some self discipline in the future.
Antifa is a result of the rise of various fringe right radicals. One wouldn't exist without the other.
You call all us liberals sheep but I guarantee you we will not roll over like pussys.

My Final word on antifa is
I don't know where they came from and I wish they would exercise a more disciplined and controlled manner of protesting but, because of the other side with their masks, ar15s, shields and clubs, with torches, marching around a synagogue, I'm glad they're here.
From what I've read, antifa is actually global and has existed for a very long time. People don't like antifa because they weren't expecting to be countered by a group that's just as batcrap crazy with nothing to lose like the white supremacists/nazis/alt-righties are. They thought the weak marches from BLM and pink vagina hat wearers were all they were gonna get in response to their hateful rhetoric and violent actions. Classic case of bullies crying victim. And the fact that antifa is white is also throwing them for a loop lol. I just like watching this forum get triggered by them.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:49 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
From what I've read, antifa is actually global and has existed for a very long time. People don't like antifa because they weren't expecting to be countered by a group that's just as batcrap crazy with nothing to lose like the white supremacists/nazis/alt-righties are. They thought the weak marches from BLM and pink vagina hat wearers were all they were gonna get in response to their hateful rhetoric and violent actions. And the fact that antifa is white is also throwing them for a loop lol. I just like watching this forum get triggered by them.
Antifa is NOT anti Nazi. They ARE the NAZIS. They use violence, destruction, and intimidation. They do NOT peacefully protest. They are just criminals supported by domestic, and foreign terror funding. Wait until they burn your car, or worse burn it with you in it. Will you be "triggered" then?

Old 09-17-2017, 05:53 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
I didn't say BLM. I said KKK and Antifa. Dems started the KKK and Antifa. Sorry that upsets you. BLM was started for a good reason--after Trayvon Martin. It was hijacked by others with not so good intentions, but it was started with good intentions and good purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
You guys accuse the Democrats of being pro KKK and pro Black Lives Matter,

LOL, what a joke

Old 09-17-2017, 06:05 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,248,699 times
Just enforce the laws that no one can be masked, no weapons (including sprays), and if violated into jail they go.
Also people need to defend themselves and their friends if the cowards swoop in and do their cowardly hit and/or spray and run. Problem will be solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies