Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 08:08 AM

38,558 posts, read 22,429,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What hypocrites!

When a conservative celebrity shares their views he's all American...when a liberal celebrity share their views, they are insecure, insensitive, ridiculous.
Of course, you won't be able to come up with any examples, of how another event that had nothing to do with politics, was taken over by every other awardee going to the microphone and talking about how great Trump is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 08:09 AM

25,898 posts, read 16,621,443 times
I used to watch all these awards programs but haven't for the last 10 years at least because of the politics. It's embarrassing to watch. They have poisoned their own well.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:09 AM

34,340 posts, read 18,719,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because the right never politicizes anything?

Come on now -- at some point you just have to stop with outrageous false claims -- lol.

Examples of the right politicizing the things I listed previously?

Old 09-18-2017, 08:17 AM

24,477 posts, read 23,178,140 times
Colbert is an evil, sick and twisted man who sold his soul for money and fame and now has to live with the circle he's chosen. Anything or anyone he attacks is most likely innocent, anyone he defends is very likely guilty of God knows what crimes or perversity.
I really admired him early in his career, the guy was a near genius at comedy. Then I watched him dumb his material down for the lowest common denominator. But I figured it was for money and he'd eventually tire of being a bozo and when he had enough money he'd get serious again. But then he completely degenerated and let those who owned him warp and turn him into a disgusting wretched creature. I pity his family having to endure his presence and only hope his depravity has some limit to them.
Am I too harsh? Not when you look at those he's befriended and defended, the most vile people on the planet.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Colbert is an evil, sick and twisted man who sold his soul for money and fame and now has to live with the circle he's chosen. Anything or anyone he attacks is most likely innocent, anyone he defends is very likely guilty of God knows what crimes or perversity.
I really admired him early in his career, the guy was a near genius at comedy. Then I watched him dumb his material down for the lowest common denominator. But I figured it was for money and he'd eventually tire of being a bozo and when he had enough money he'd get serious again. But then he completely degenerated and let those who owned him warp and turn him into a disgusting wretched creature. I pity his family having to endure his presence and only hope his depravity has some limit to them.
Am I too harsh? Not when you look at those he's befriended and defended, the most vile people on the planet.
None of these late show hosts approach the quality and intelligence of Carson and Leno after him. After Leno retired I've been done with these average at best posers who try to be like Johnny or Jay.

The only one that is even decent is they guy who was in the movie with Drew Barrymore...can't remember his name offhand. He's OK but I heard he got in trouble with the evil puppet masters in Hollywood because he doesn't hate Trump enough.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:23 AM

38,558 posts, read 22,429,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I used to watch all these awards programs but haven't for the last 10 years at least because of the politics. It's embarrassing to watch. They have poisoned their own well.
Agreed.

You like an actor for their roles in the movies, or a singer for their voice or musical talent. They seem like a really nice, friendly person on the Late Night talk shows. Then they show up at an awards show to collect their entertainment trophy, and... gone was this nice person you thought you knew, and the real person turns out to be this petty, mean spirited, spiteful, hate-filled partisan political hack, spewing venom.

The sad thing is, they are usually spewing old, ignorant false assumptions, or conspiracy kook talking points, that had been discounted as completely false months ago, and yet these idiots fully believe them.

Last edited by Wapasha; 09-18-2017 at 08:47 AM..

Old 09-18-2017, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,784 times
personally I don't like comedians or anyone that think that they can use their forum to attack anyone else. PERIOD! There was a reason I didn't watch the program...

Old 09-18-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus42 View Post
personally I don't like comedians or anyone that think that they can use their forum to attack anyone else. PERIOD! There was a reason I didn't watch the program...
I remember Johnny Carson making fun of Gerald Ford because he unfortunately tripped a couple of times on camera so they had a lot of fun making him seem like a clumsy buffoon. It was all in fun and never would they approach attacking a President's policies or insinuating terrible things about them like they do routinely today.

It's a lack of class in our society and it's getting worse when uneducated people like Colbert who are not privy to any inside information think they can try to sway public opinion on duly elected officials who are trying to do their jobs.

It's a lack of professionalism I guess is the best way I can say it. There is your job and there are your personal opinions and they should remain separate.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:35 AM

3,621 posts, read 1,811,995 times
These are sick hateful people. These elites have the nerve to lecture us working class people about how we think politically while they pat each other on the back. I'm done with Hollywood.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:37 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,062,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
These are sick hateful people. These elites have the nerve to lecture us working class people about how we think politically while they pat each other on the back.
Sort of like every single poster on C-D, yourself included?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies