Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 01:07 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,165 times

Advertisements

Today the term racist gets thrown around a lot, mostly at conservatives and at the South. Does racism exist? Certainly. In the South, the north, the east, and the west. But I would submit that much of what people term racism is not simply hating people because of their skin, but disliking their dominant culture and the actions of many black people.

Take me , for example. I suppose some could get to know me and decide I am a racist. I don't consider myself as such , and can provide evidence of that. My kids all had black friends I liked and that hung out at our house. I now have what people jokingly refer to as my extra son in law. He is black. Being the best friend of my son in law, he has become like family. He comes to holidays, including Thanksgiving and Christmas, because his family is far away. He goes on some family vacations with us. I like him , and enjoy having him around. I myself don't have black friends, largely because my only point of contact with people is work, and there are almost zero black people in construction ( a bone I have with black culture. The construction industry here is dying for help, but the black people who complain about unemployment wont come to work in it , even though wages are above normal and its on the job training. )

But I hate black culture. No bones about it. I don't see that it encourages hard work, education, achievement , taking care of family, ethical behavior, and self reliance. I flip through TV channels and see idiots in oversized rainsuits and eyepatches with 10 lbs of gold chain swinging from their necks singing about raping women, and realize these guys get rich doing this, and I think "WTF is wrong with these people?". I watch my only TV show of the week, Masterchef ( yeah, I know, a cooking show. I cant explain it but I love it), and I see this black woman that every interview she is in she is wagging her finger and shaking and weaving her head as she jive talks and boasts, and I wonder what the hell is wrong with these folks . I see a culture that makes people who glorify crime, drugs, rape and such rich , and I have to wonder how sick that culture is.

In American society, high densities of black people = high crime. That's just the way it is. They burn their own neighborhoods down in riots, they loot and steal from fellow blacks in disasters . I related elsewhere where a job I was on reserved jobs specifically for black people in the neighborhood, and how the Owner who demanded this proviso in the contract had to rescind the clause because no black people would show up to take the jobs, and how the next day there were whites and Hispanics filling the jobs as soon as they became available. I have tried to hire black people to do the very same work I and my hands did, and had them get mad and leave because, as one told his wife when she came back to pick him up when he wouldn't work, I was treating them like they were some sort of n*gger because I asked them to do physical labor.

Most black people society regards as successful have become so by going against the norm of black culture. Herman Cain, Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, Neil de Grasse Tyson, Ben Carson,etc. All followed a path we could somewhat offensively term the "white mans way" (but borrowed from blacks who deride fellow blacks who attempt to get a good education and get ahead in life). I regard each of them as my superior in certain ways regarding their knowledge and talent, and admire them all . There are no doubt less known black men who live lives of quiet moderate success that I also regard as my equal and even no doubt superior to me in certain areas.

Am I a racist? I don't think so. Some might choose to call me so, but I would regard such as an ignorant response to legitimate criticism of black culture. I have no issue with the color of ones skin. I have major issues with a culture that is broken and breeds failure and dependency. And I do not apologize for that.

And I think that most of what the left wants to term "racism" today is really the latter, that is, a dislike and total disrespect for a broken culture that refuses to see that it is broken and continues to cause itself major harm while attacking everyone who chooses to point this out.

Last edited by wallflash; 09-17-2017 at 01:29 PM..

Old 09-17-2017, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Okay. Anything else?

Old 09-17-2017, 01:25 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Am I allowed to comment without being labeled as a racist?

Old 09-17-2017, 01:26 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Today the term racist gets thrown around a lot, mostly at conservatives and at the South. Does racism exist? Certainly. In the South, the north, the east, and the west. But I would submit that much of what people term racism is not simply hating people because of their skin, but disliking their dominant culture and the actions of many black people.

Take me , for example. I suppose some could get to know me and decide I am a racist. I don't consider myself as such , and can provide evidence of that. My kids all had black friends I liked and that hung out at our house. I now have what people jokingly refer to as my extra son in law. He is black. Being the best friend of my son in law, he has become like family. He comes to holidays, including Thanksgiving and Christmas, because his family is far away. He goes on some family vacations with us. I like him , and enjoy having him around. I myself don't have black friends, largely because my only point of contact with people is work, and there are almost zero black people in construction ( a bone I have with black culture. The construction industry here is dying for help, but the black people who complain about unemployment wont come to work in it , even though wages are above normal and its on the job training. )

But I hate black culture. No bones about it. I don't see that it encourages hard work, education, achievement , taking care of family, ethical behavior, and self reliance. I flip through TV channels and see idiots in oversized rainsuits and eyepatches with 10 lbs of gold chain swinging from their necks singing about raping women, and realize these guys get rich doing this, and I think "WTF is wrong with these people?". I watch my only TV show of the week, Masterchef ( yeah, I know, a cooking show. I cant explain it but I love it), and I see this black woman that every interview she is in she is wagging her finger and shaking and weaving her head as she jive talks and boasts, and I wonder what the hell is wrong with these folks . I see a culture that makes people who glorify crime, drugs, rape and such rich , and I have to wonder how sick that culture is.

In American society, high densities of black people = high crime. That's just the way it is. They burn their own neighborhoods down in riots, they loot and steal from fellow blacks in disasters . I related elsewhere where a job I was on reserved jobs specifically for black people in the neighborhood, and how the Owner who demanded this proviso in the contract had to rescind the clause because no black people would show up to take the jobs, and how the next day there were whites and Hispanics filling the jobs as soon as they became available. I have tried to hire black people to do the very same work I and my hands did, and had them get mad and leave because, as one told his wife when she came back to pick him up when he wouldn't work, I was treating them like they were some sort of n*gger because I asked them to do physical labor.

Most black people society regards as successful have become so by going against the norm of black culture. Herman Cain, Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, Neil de Grasse Tyson, Ben Carson. All followed a path we could somewhat offensively term the "white mans way" (but borrowed from blacks who deride fellow blacks who attempt to get a good education and get ahead in life). I regard each of them as my superior in certain ways regarding their knowledge and talent, and admire them all . There are no doubt less known black men who live lives of quiet moderate success that I also regard as my equal and even no doubt superior to me in certain areas.

Am I a racist? I don't think so. Some might choose to call me so, but I would regard such as an ignorant response to legitimate criticism of black culture. I have no issue with the color of ones skin. I have major issues with a culture that is broken and breeds failure and dependency. And I do not apologize for that.

And I think that most of what the left wants to term "racism" today is really the latter, that is, a dislike and total disrespect for a broken culture that refuses to see that it is broken and continues to cause itself major harm while attacking everyone who chooses to point this out.
You sound like one.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Am I allowed to comment without being labeled as a racist?
LOL...that's never stopped you before.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:31 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Without answering the question directly as I don't know enough about you, I highly doubt that you understand black culture (and there is no singular black culture).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You sound like one.

Because I can like black people but admit to not liking the dominant black culture? Or something specific I said that you see as being in error?

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
So... how about those Ravens? They have a game today I hear.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Without answering the question directly as I don't know enough about you, I highly doubt that you understand black culture (and there is no singular black culture).

The question was rhetorical. As far as my understanding of what I can see with my own eyes, offer some rebuttal rather than an unsupported statement that I probably don't grasp black culture, which I didn't label as singular but referenced the dominant one that seems to be the norm for the urban areas with high black densities. Its pretty well out there for all to see, failures and all.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:33 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,886,522 times
Selectively embracing stereotypes doesn't necessarily lead to sound conclusions on anyone's culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies