Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 06:27 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I think nationally people are no longer laughing ever with her, but at her.

Never have we seen such a whining losing POTUS candidate 9 months later.
Well to be fair, it's Repubs that are keeping her in the spotlight. Let her fade into obscurity like other failed candidates typically do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 06:28 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The entire world is laughing but not at her. Why some folks are still stalking/obsessed with her is puzzling.

Yeah, I mean, still discussing her and her losing campaign doesn't make any sense since she has just released a book and is doing a tour to promote it , does it?

Old 09-17-2017, 06:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Well to be fair, it's Repubs that are keeping her in the spotlight. Let her fade into obscurity like other failed candidates typically do.
Really? I don't see any Republicans asking her opinion or booking her on all the shows she's been on. What exactly are they doing?

Old 09-17-2017, 06:29 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Wow

Democrats think their women are so stupid that they can only vote for who the men in their lives approve?
Are democrat women extra stupid?
I thought they were supposed to be so "progressive" -- shocking that dem women weren't appalled and insulted.
Clinton has a point.

As someone who didn't grow up here, I find MANY American women -- on both sides of the political spectrum -- to be incredibly well-trained. Too many of them seem to think what their men think and say what their men say. That might be why American women are every bit as likely to engage in adolescent, vicious talk about Hillary Clinton's appearance or that of any other women in the public eye they don't agree with. Because that's what many American men do.

Michelle Obama "looks like an ape." Candice Bergen is an "old hag" (she criticized Trump, who's the same age). Nancy Pelosi "wants Trump to do her", but "she's not as hot as Melania." These are just a few of the comments -- written by American females -- that I've read on the internet in recent weeks. I can't even imagine what these immature "women" would say about a competent, incredibly intelligent woman like Angela Merkel.

Perhaps their tendency to internalize what men say is part of the reason why American women are the world's top consumers of cosmetic surgery procedures? I've said if before and I'll say it again: American men yell, "Jump!" and American women ask, "How high?"

Old 09-17-2017, 06:30 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
^^^ I would agree there are certain women to be this way. If they can't be without a man they fall into this camp. Hubs calls it 'daddy love me' syndrome.
If a father was abusive or absent,Howard Stern says it sets them up to be strippers. And that is right a great percentage of the time. It take a lot for them to leave a relationship. And they have little to no opinions on things. I know two women like this currently. Ragging on another woman's looks is childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Revolting? Really? It's pretty minor, in comparison with Trump suggesting that he can just grab women by the p#&%y. Now, that's my idea of "revolting."

I don't know if Hillary is right. But she may well be.

Trump supporters probably tend to come from more conservative homes. So those are likely to be homes where the man dominates. Perhaps he dominates what news is watched on TV. Perhaps he dominates the tone of the political conversation in the household. Technically, it's true that in theory a person vote in privacy (although we have that startling photograph of Trump leaning over to Melania as she's voting!). But it's entirely possible that the husband's choices have pushed the wife in a certain direction, if just to keep the peace. And we know that studies have shown that if you mouth opinions that aren't really yours, pretty soon your mind drifts in that direction.
Moderate Independent who wishes Hilary would just go away. Play with your grand kids, Hil. Your time has come to stay home and relax.

Fundamentalist Christian women tend to be submissive to their husbands. I had a friend who married into this craziness cause the family was very rich. I think a certain percentage of this could be true. I quit being friends with her cause she wasn't the same fun person I used to know. Everything was this person is going to hell etc. Was at her estate when Jackie Kennedy died and she told me you know she's in hell. OooooKkkkk whatever you say.

But many have an overwhelming hate for Hilary since her husband was in office, that certainly didn't help.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:30 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:

That's right. Those mean Republicans made her write that book and do a tour to promote it. They should be sued or jailed for violating her rights to fade away gracefully by forcing her into this.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:32 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Pantsuit Nation?

You've got to be kidding! What the heck kind of moron joins a thing called Pantsuit Nation?

As to the people who say some of us are obsessed with Hillary, man, you've got to be some special kind of stupid to not realize that we'd be happy to permanently forget about her, but as long as she keeps flapping her vagina in our faces, we're gonna point and laugh!

Old 09-17-2017, 06:32 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Wrong. With her book and excuse tour, she is keeping herself in the news.

McCain and Romney, as nominees, faded away gracefully.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:33 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Clinton has a point.

As someone who didn't grow up here, I find MANY American women -- on both sides of the political spectrum -- to be incredibly well-trained. Too many of them seem to think what their men think and say what their men say. That might be why American women are every bit as likely to engage in adolescent, vicious talk about Hillary Clinton's appearance or that of any other women in the public eye they don't agree with. Because that's what many American men do.

Michelle Obama "looks like an ape." Candice Bergen is an "old hag" (she criticized Trump, who's the same age). Nancy Pelosi "wants Trump to do her", but "she's not as hot as Melania." These are just a few of the comments -- written by American females -- that I've read on the internet in recent weeks. I can't even imagine what these immature "women" would say about a competent, incredibly intelligent woman like Angela Merkel.

Perhaps their tendency to internalize what men say is the reason why American women are the top consumers of cosmetic surgery procedures? I've said if before and I'll say it again: American men yell, "Jump!" and American women ask, "How high?"
I am an American woman and retired. I have never met a woman like these of whom you speak. Generalizations of this type are horse pucky.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:37 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Clinton has a point.

Perhaps their tendency to internalize what men say is part of the reason why American women are the world's top consumers of cosmetic surgery procedures? I've said if before and I'll say it again: American men yell, "Jump!" and American women ask, "How high?"

Wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies