Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2017, 07:44 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I think you all have buyers remorse over the clown you voted for and secretly wish Hillary was around.
I have mixed feelings about Trump but I'd rather have him than Hillary. I don't want her (or any leftist loon) in the presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 07:46 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I am often bewildered by how in the world Hillary Clinton got as far as she did in politics.

I mean, Kim Kardashian is more relatable than her.
She rode the Bill bus for many years. Then she was groomed to run for President by the DNC.

That's why they just knew it was her turn. They never did listen to the voters even back in the 1990's when they were rejecting Hillary.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You insulted a whole lot of people with your comments. You are in the relationships forum all the time. How many threads do you see where some loser starts a thread sniveling about how American woman are basically ball busters and how foreign women are better. How many threads have you seen over the years like that?? Do you really think that American women are little dainty little wallflowers that don't do their own thing? Do you really think in your heart of hearts that a lot of American women sit by and wait for daddy to tell what to do???

I haven't met a single woman in my circle in 48 years that I would say is some pushover wallflower.
If you say you haven't ever met a woman who seems incapable of having a strong opinion of her own, I have to take your word for it. But I have. So, attack me all you want if it makes you feel better.

I know there are plenty of strong American women, but, yes, I know plenty of others who are very gullible and seem to parrot whatever it is they hear from the men in their lives. They engage in much of the same utterly vicious attacks against women in the public eye they don't agree with. Why is that? Why do they, for example, so often stoop to teenage girl-style behavior and attack the appearances of female politicians and other public officials, including Hillary Clinton's? Are you saying this doesn't happen?

The comments I read and hear from women over the course of living in the US for 20 years -- and, as I said, as recently as the last few days -- are not a figment of my imagination. I'm not pulling this out of nowhere. So, I'm sorry that you or anyone else is offended, but I stand by my opinion about what I've often observed firsthand. Sorry.

I have to wonder if anyone else on here (not you; you've said you don't like Trump) is as offended by a fraction of the stuff that Trump and his circle spews.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:58 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I completely agree with you. It is disgraceful that a woman who ran for president has the stupidity to believe and state that women are unable to make up their own minds or to act on those thoughts. This ignorance provides tremendous insight into who she is, and why she remained with a man who was unfaithful to her - a man who so publicly disrespected her. She cannot form an opinion and take action without a man telling her what to do, and she sadly believes that all women are just like her.
Hillary never said that. Sheryl Sandberg said it to Hillary and she quoted it in her book. The Title of the thread is designed to deceive.

But I bet you don't care.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:01 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

I have to wonder if anyone else on here (not you; you've said you don't like Trump) is as offended by a fraction of the stuff that Trump and his circle spews.
We people who voted against Hillary realize Trump was the option that kept her from becoming President. As bad as he might be (I don't think so) we know she would have been worse.

The SCOTUS pick (hopefully more) was major and made it all worthwhile.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:03 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I see ... you're more interested in targeting other people than commenting on the topic. Good to know.

I commented on his post, as he commented on mine. So, is he "targeting" me, too?

Old 09-17-2017, 08:17 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
If you say you haven't ever met a woman who seems incapable of having a strong opinion of her own, I have to take your word for it. But I have. So, attack me all you want if it makes you feel better.

I know there are plenty of strong American women, but, yes, I know plenty of others who are very gullible and seem to parrot whatever it is they hear from the men in their lives. They engage in much of the same utterly vicious attacks against women in the public eye they don't agree with. Why is that? Why do they, for example, so often stoop to teenage girl-style behavior and attack the appearances of female politicians and other public officials, including Hillary Clinton's? Are you saying this doesn't happen?

The comments I read and hear from women over the course of living in the US for 20 years -- and, as I said, as recently as the last few days -- are not a figment of my imagination. I'm not pulling this out of nowhere. So, I'm sorry that you or anyone else is offended, but I stand by my opinion about what I've often observed firsthand. Sorry.

Getting back to the larger picture of the thread is that Clinton is blaming everyone and anyone and rarely looks inward at what she did wrong. Her doing this book like I said earlier reeks of a pathetic move on her part and is something that Trump would have done. No other candidate in recent memory has done something like this. Her and the other leftist elite in this country are completely out of touch with a lot of mainstream America. Her saying that it's because men control their wives is just laughable... is it a component?? In the interest of being intellectually honest, yeah, I suppose that their is some element of truth to it. There could be glimmers of truth in there, is it a major reason why she lost, hell no, but I can say with a level of truth that anything is possible and she could be right on some level.

I've said this a few times through out the POC forum that Sam Harris who was a Clinton supporter really does a good job articulating all the key points of why she lost. He's a brilliant guy who's very good at laying out these sort of things. I'm too lazy to look up his stuff, but if anyone gives a rip you can just search youtube with his name and Hillary and he's spoken extensively about it and I think he really pulls all the reason why she lost together in a cohesive way. He's a supporter by the way, so it isn't a hit piece by some right wing website.

I think the dems should look inward because if they double down on the policies and approach of hiliary they are going to lose again in 2020, unless trump gets us into WW3.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:18 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The entire world is laughing but not at her. Why some folks are still stalking/obsessed with her is puzzling.
Um...if she didn't want the attention why´d she write a book about it?

She allowed that statement in her book. LMAO! Sheś either stupid or secretly jabbing white women who didn't vote for her. Hm, let me guess which it is????

Old 09-17-2017, 08:19 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You must be blind. Not a day goes by on here without some thread being started about "Hillary did this, or Obama did that". We hardly ever mention either one of them, but you guys can not stay away from discussing them and keeping them in the limelight.

I think you all have buyers remorse over the clown you voted for and secretly wish Hillary was around.

This makes no sense

Also, you can't talk about Hillary and Obama on a politics board ?

Old 09-17-2017, 08:20 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We people who voted against Hillary realize Trump was the option that kept her from becoming President. As bad as he might be (I don't think so) we know she would have been worse.

The SCOTUS pick (hopefully more) was major and made it all worthwhile.
This election was really about the SCOTUS in the bigger picture. Potentially three positons might be filled while on Trump's watch.

It boils down to two groups, group one wants a living evolving constitution and the other are hardline traditionalist, so to speak.

If you want a living document that changes with time, that's the more liberal progressive approach, the other is a more conservative view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies