Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 06:56 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It isn't over until the implosion is over. That will take another year or two.

I love that everything conservatives said would happen with the ACA happened. We were right as usual.
You may be right...or...they might get a clue..and get panicked about elections..and fix the ACA--wouldn't that be cool---people getting affordable healthcare..I'm sure you'd be all for that, right?

Or is it more important that our Govt. fail...in order to advance some cynical agenda?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:15 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
I know both parties were talking about a bipartesan bill the last time this came up. I do keep hoping they can make that happen.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:36 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post

It is comical that the left is now claiming that they tried to work with Republicans. It NEVER happened.
You have been misinformed.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The answer to all this is very easy ...... it appears to be a given that McCain has killed another attempt at a Health care bill that Democrats refused to participate in and even called out "ALERTS" to destroy it.
Of course they sent out alerts to destroy it--it's a piece of crap that is going to hurt more people than it helps. This is the Republican's bill. Don't go blaming the Democrats because the Republicans have drafted yet another piece of crap. How can someone "refuse to participate" when they are not invited to the table when the legislation is being written?

Quote:
I suggest everyone write their CongressCritters to get them to produce the ACA FIX that the Democrats think is so easy so that the American Citizens can actually SEE what they want.

How hard is that? And WHY won't they do it?
This is a great idea. I've actually called my Republican rep numerous times in the last few years to ask him to do exactly that. But again, the Republicans are in control of Congress. They get to decide. And they have decided they don't want to fix it.

The ball is in THEIR court. And they have fumbled it yet again.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Rs have sabotaged ACA at every turn, crowing that it was failing at every turn even when it wasn't. Trump lies about it constantly.

So what else you got?

Leave people to die?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:50 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Instead of these quick and untenable pieces of legislation that do more harm than good, why don't the Republicans actually spend some time working on a real healthcare bill? Just think if they had spent these last 10 months doing that, instead of trying to continually ram through these half-ass pieces of crap. They might have actually come up with something decent to present. But that's too much to hope for from these clowns.
Because we have two fundamentally opposing viewpoints:

-Republicans *generally* believe the power of the marketplace will provide adequate health care solutions, and want to minimize government subsidies or involvement to get to that end.

-Democrats *generally* believe health care should be subsidized for those who cannot afford it, and are willing to have government involvement to get to that end.

Everyone please spare me your partisan viewpoint (from either side). That's really the choice we are making as a nation-which direction, and how far in that chosen direction. Reasonable, rational, educated people can see the same set of facts and come up with different conclusions, and that's what is happening here. Lawmakers are representing their constituencies as best as they can.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Rs have sabotaged ACA at every turn, crowing that it was failing at every turn even when it wasn't. Trump lies about it constantly.

So what else you got?

Leave people to die?
This crap storm is going to come back to bite them on the ass next year. At this point they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they fail to repeal the ACA as they have been promising to do for seven plus years--as seems very likely now--their base is going to be pissed.

If they let the ACA wither and die because they refuse to address the problems, and millions of people lose their insurance, people are going to be pissed.

And if they pass a POS bill like the ones they've been presenting and millions of people lose their insurance people are going to be pissed.

The GOP has cooked their own goose here. They had an opportunity to actually present something better than the ACA--which many Democrats would have welcomed because we don't love that law, we just are happy to have some access to healthcare at all--but they presented absolutely nothing of value.

The way I see it they have one more opportunity to avert disaster and that would be to pass some kind of single payer. The Democrats would support that, and as a Democrat I would give them kudos if they did. And the majority of Americans would applaud them for being so bold as to bring this country into the 21st century at last.

But I honestly don't think they're smart enough to figure that out.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Left/right left/right left/right.

That's why we got crap. Obama promised that this all would be debated out in the open. Any bill that was presented would be posted online for all to read before it was voted on.

None of that happened. Pelosi and Reid did a horrible job and Obama stood on the sidelines.

It can not be fixed. We can not have people's health determined on the whims of Wall Street which is what we have right now. Health care can not be something people invest in as a retirement/profit vehicle. The (D)'s had huge majorities and screwing up Obamacare wiped all of that out.

The Republican's have NO answer whatsoever. They are too busy giving away billions to the war machine while millions will continue to go without health care.

But stupid partisanship is all that is important to most.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:01 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
The answer to all this is very easy ...... it appears to be a given that McCain has killed another attempt at a Health care bill that Democrats refused to participate in and even called out "ALERTS" to destroy it.

So now we should just wait for the ACA "fix" that the Democrats want and vote on that bill when they present it. I promise to write my CongressCritters to urge them to the table to bring the Pelosi/Schumer ACA FIX bills up for debate.

I suggest everyone write their CongressCritters to get them to produce the ACA FIX that the Democrats think is so easy so that the American Citizens can actually SEE what they want.

How hard is that? And WHY won't they do it?
Trump commented in his campaign appearance for Luther Strange that he (Trump) had been given a list of 10 R senators who were definite "no" on the bill. McCain was not one of them. The bill really never had a chance regardless of what McCain did. But in stepping up, McCain saved those 10 senators a lot of trouble, I bet.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
So now we should just wait for the ACA "fix" that the Democrats want and vote on that bill when they present it. I promise to write my CongressCritters to urge them to the table to bring the Pelosi/Schumer ACA FIX bills up for debate.
Excellent! Start writing!

Ten House Democrats propose plan to fix ObamaCare | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies