Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2017, 03:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Seacove, I agree with you on most things, but what about places like the Grand Canyon which is in a red state? Would you really want to see that destroyed?
Trumps already got plans to fill in the GC. Such an ugly hole that does no good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 03:11 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Yes, get rid of national monuments in red states. They deserve to lose them, they don't care about them anyway. Trump is in Salt Lake City to pump up Orrin Hatch. He wants Hatch to run for the Senate again (he's 83 years old) because he's afraid if Hatch doesn't run, Mitt Romney will and Trump is not a Romney fan. Romney is too liberal (I know, seriously) for Trump. Trump has gone so full right wing that to him, Romney is a liberal. Trump is going to compliment Orrin Hatch to the heavens and since Utah is a right wing state, they will lap it up.
I am hoping for Romney. A great majority think Hatch should retire and Romney is favored in polls here. I think that scares Trump, so he has to come try and convince Hatch to run again. At least Trump only got 46% of the votes here, so I hold a vague hope.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Trumps already got plans to fill in the GC. Such an ugly hole that does no good.
For every comment made in jest, there's an ounce of truth to it. I have no doubt Republicans would destroy it if they thought there was a dollar in it. Republicans genuinely hate the environment if there is any chance protecting it would cost them a single cent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I am hoping for Romney. A great majority think Hatch should retire and Romney is favored in polls here. I think that scares Trump, so he has to come try and convince Hatch to run again. At least Trump only got 46% of the votes here, so I hold a vague hope.
Orrin Hatch has been a total rubber stamp for Trump so he's decided better to go all in for Hatch. Watch Trump hug and kiss Hatch like he did the flag because that works in a state like Utah. He'll say removing national monuments is as patriotic as re-electing Orrin Hatch and that he heard Romney is a communist.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:18 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
For every comment made in jest, there's an ounce of truth to it. I have no doubt Republicans would destroy it if they thought there was a dollar in it. Republicans genuinely hate the environment if there is any chance protecting it would cost them a single cent.
Wrong. Conservatives are some of the most nature loving in the US. My family has been in ranching for generations. They manage their game and the lands.

We are all just stewards of the land. That's one reason we believe in private ownership.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:25 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
over 2/3 of Utah is federal land.

how much do leftists think it should be?

Old 12-04-2017, 03:26 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:

Orrin Hatch has been a total rubber stamp for Trump so he's decided better to go all in for Hatch. Watch Trump hug and kiss Hatch like he did the flag because that works in a state like Utah. He'll say removing national monuments is as patriotic as re-electing Orrin Hatch and that he heard Romney is a communist.
Ah yes, I see he is now officially heading that direction, even though Hatch has said he would retire if Romney was willing to run to step up.

"You are a true fighter, Orrin, I have to say," Trump said at an event in Salt Lake City, Utah's capital. "We hope you will continue to serve your state and your country in the Senate for a very long time to come."

He did also say "He's a good man. Mitt's a good man," Trump said (today). But even just today, Mitt spoke up about his endorsement of Moore, so...yeah.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DY2IX

I think the above is part of why he even bothered to show up here for the whole 3 hours he did. That and the opportunity for reversing something by Obama.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:30 PM

923 posts, read 495,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
over 2/3 of Utah is federal land.

how much do leftists think it should be?
Federally Owned Land by State, 2010

Old 12-04-2017, 03:31 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
The ONLY reason Trump wants to destroy this heritage of the American people is because Obama and/or Democrats established them.
Trump isn't 'destroying heritage'... that's complete nonsense. All he is doing is transferring control of some of the land from federal authorities to state authorities.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:58 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why should the people of Utah and not the people of America decide what should be done with Federal lands?
Why should some bureaucrat in DC with no ties to Utah decide what monuments to erect there?

Old 12-04-2017, 05:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wrong. Conservatives are some of the most nature loving in the US. My family has been in ranching for generations. They manage their game and the lands.

We are all just stewards of the land. That's one reason we believe in private ownership.
You do not speak for a majority of hunters, especially those that use public lands. Want private land go buy some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies