Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2017, 11:10 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I agree. I think a lot of these protests didn't give a rip about the evidence. They wanted this man to go to prison even if 99% of the circumstantial evidence suggested that he was in the right.
yanno, these same young protesters, who are destroying properties in the name of police brutality, or so they think, should have been alive back in the 60's. Cops didn't mess around, if you didn't listen to them, you were shot...period....back in the day, we didn't question authority, we did what we were told, out of fear....
and we turned out all right....kids shouldn't fear cops, I agree, however, they should fear the consequences of their actions....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 11:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno, these same young protesters, who are destroying properties in the name of police brutality, or so they think, should have been alive back in the 60's. Cops didn't mess around, if you didn't listen to them, you were shot...period....back in the day, we didn't question authority, we did what we were told, out of fear....
and we turned out all right....kids shouldn't fear cops, I agree, however, they should fear the consequences of their actions....
LOL, the entire 60's was about questioning authority.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL, the entire 60's was about questioning authority.
I'm sorry, you can cut it anyway you like, but there is no excuse what so ever for breaking the law...if your stopped, you listen and do what they say....hands on the steering wheel where they can see them, no back mouthing them, the way I've seen on so many videos,and above all, if your told to stand up and go down to the priciples office, you do so...period.

That is the trouble with youth today, they feel they're entitled....and allowed to do and say anything they want.

we didn't question authority in our town, we did what our parents told us to do...we were in at a certain time or else, we didn't destroy the property of others....which also made us not question police instructions if we were stopped or chased home.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, you can cut it anyway you like, but there is no excuse what so ever for breaking the law...if your stopped, you listen and do what they say....hands on the steering wheel where they can see them, no back mouthing them, the way I've seen on so many videos,and above all, if your told to stand up and go down to the priciples office, you do so...period.
Again, what people are told is NOT always the law.

Quote:
That is the trouble with youth today, they feel they're entitled....and allowed to do and say anything they want.

we didn't question authority in our town, we did what our parents told us to do...we were in at a certain time or else, we didn't destroy the property of others....which also made us not question police instructions if we were stopped or chased home.
You get shot now if the police have to chase you.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:

yes, your right, there are some, and I say, some, but not to the magnitude people want you to believe, cops that are bad....period.

and you should get shot....protesters should get shot who are breaking windows, setting fire to other people's property...absolutely....

Old 09-27-2017, 12:19 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:

When an officer of the law gives you an order you must comply. If you are stopped and questioned you are detained. You cannot run off at that point or it will be considered eluding. That IS against the law. Once the officer finds no evidence of wrong-doing you are on your way. The people who run are the people who have broken the law and know they will get caught if questioned.

What people are told is not always the truth. Police shootings against blacks are the most common and are on the rise, right? Hence the reason for the BLM outrage? That's what we're being told anyhow.

2017 - 730 ( 45% white, 23% black, 15% Hispanic, 17% other ethnicity)
2016 - 963 (48% white, 24% black, 16% hispanic, 10% other ethnicity)
2015 - 995 (50% white, 26% black, 17% Hispanic, 7% other ethnicity)
2014 -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...hootings-2016/

Also to note, is that while the number of police shootings has thus far slowly decreased (despite what protesters and uneducated people are claiming) the violence against police officers has increased by 30% over 2016.

Now, knowing those numbers how can you possibly even assume that the people are always right? If something is not the law, you take the case to court and you fight it. There are hundreds (if not more) of cases available to research that show where a case was overturned because an officer violated a law. The answer is NOT to start a mass violent protest to attempt to back them into a corner. You will not win (and you shouldn't when there is no foundation to argue upon).

Old 09-27-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
yes, your right, there are some, and I say, some, but not to the magnitude people want you to believe, cops that are bad....period.
The vast majority do not step over the line. That is not a reason to make excuse for those who do.

Quote:
and you should get shot....protesters should get shot who are breaking windows, setting fire to other people's property...absolutely....
A police officer is unable to determine whether or not those breaking a window are breaking their own window or someone else's. Maybe Nurse Wubbels should have just been shot?

They should have simply shot this guy for stealing a car?

https://www.vibe.com/2017/01/doctora...esses-charges/

“I didn’t shoot you, mother f*****. You should feel lucky for that.”

Old 09-27-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
When an officer of the law gives you an order you must comply.
No you do NOT when it is an unlawful order. Did Nurse Wubbels comply? Who is in hot water here?

Old 09-27-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
The vast majority do not step over the line. That is not a reason to make excuse for those who do.

A police officer is unable to determine whether or not those breaking a window are breaking their own window or someone else's. Maybe Nurse Wubbels should have just been shot?

They should have simply shot this guy for stealing a car?

https://www.vibe.com/2017/01/doctora...esses-charges/

“I didn’t shoot you, mother f*****. You should feel lucky for that.”
Oh stop please, if you want to argue, fine, but you will get nowhere with me.
I'm talking, where you actually see people looting stealing, jumping up and down on cop cars, setting fire to items, buildings etc.....

Old 09-27-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Oh stop please, if you want to argue, fine, but you will get nowhere with me.
I'm talking, where you actually see people looting stealing, jumping up and down on cop cars, setting fire to items, buildings etc.....
Not when they steal a car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies