Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 12:23 PM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
The main problem I see with DACA is that it further encourages illegals to bring their children here. Why bother going the legal route when your child will be able to apply for DACA status after some time?
That's why:
  • A DACA bill should not include a pathway to citizenship
  • Strong border enforcement should also be part of this bill

Old 09-21-2017, 03:42 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
That's why:
  • A DACA bill should not include a pathway to citizenship
  • Strong border enforcement should also be part of this bill

A lack of a path to citizenship won't stop them. They'd still bring their kids here to get legal status and take American jobs.

Yeah, strong border enforcement. That's what we were promised back in 1986 and here we are today with at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens since then. Fool me once.....

Old 09-21-2017, 04:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A lack of a path to citizenship won't stop them. They'd still bring their kids here to get legal status and take American jobs.

Yeah, strong border enforcement. That's what we were promised back in 1986 and here we are today with at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens since then. Fool me once.....
You've been fooled more than once. (Not meant to be an attack to you). They have all lied to you. Four of them even still got re-elected.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Good people do not need a ton of money to win. Many good people do not want to put their families through the attacks though.
Have you seen the absolutely obscene amount of money that is spent for even school board elections?
As for the family thing, ever since the "rule" that family, especially kids were to be left alone went out the window I don't know why anyone but single people would run. Even then, the depth of attacks has become insane. Add that to the cost and I fully believe it's driven off most of the good people you speak of...

Old 09-21-2017, 04:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:

Not only in 1986 but EVERY election since. Hell, even Clinton (the sane one) ran on it twice.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:00 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Not really. Seems like someone has realized that they had a super majority in 2009 and 2010, and didn't bother passing amnesty. It was pretty stupid on their part because the Dems have lost so much power since then.
Exactly. Dems haven't come through for either Hispanics or Blacks. Hispanics and Blacks are finally beginning to figure that out.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:01 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
No path to citizenship hasn't stopped the 30+ million illegals that are here today.
They get jobs, their kids go to school and get 3 squares a day, many qualify for all our social welfare benefits.
They get paid cash, don't pay taxes and pretty much can live wherever they want.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:12 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
The main problem I see with DACA is that it further encourages illegals to bring their children here. Why bother going the legal route when your child will be able to apply for DACA status after some time?
MAYBE??? But only If they can be vetted and have zero felony history and are either working or in school. This age group was not in of themselves infiltrating.. ( baby's thru to 30+ years old today) .. So, I wonder what's your BEEF with law abiding folks who pay taxes and haven't broken any laws and got educated??? Their very existence brings in multi-billion to the tax base/services and actually exhibit American values by contributing. Yet have ZERO repayment coming to them!! Why is you nose so out of joint?

Why the Heck are you blaming youngsters that threw NO Fault of their own are here/there), who have a clean slate and area contributing on many levels????

Remove them?? Economy will lose billions of Tax incomes and loss of people who know nothing but Americanism ( Patriots) in their life... Who's going to replace that economic input/including Military service members ?? Some sort of Corporate types??

Sometimes I wonder just where folks like yourself get their information and consequences of such an agenda??? You are painting that ONE in a thousand who breaks laws or commits crimes... I have to tell you.. IF the other side wanted to AINT such a profile like you are.. Means Those WHITE MASS killers mean ALL White males or females who commit such atrocities should be judged on the SAME scale and etc etc etc!!

I truly hate reading and hearing those that seems to PAINT ( broad brush) everyone/everything/every idea /ALL Liberals believing something.. THAT's NOT true and it's not so!! The criminals deserve punishment// and everything the law can throw at them.... However many kill with impunity and escape ( mainly LE that have killed with impunity) .. but innocent DACA young people are pre-judged as terrorists or subhuman people!!

Old 09-21-2017, 05:31 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
... take American jobs.

If you want to bus dishes, roof houses, pick produce, mow lawns, etc., go for it.

Plenty of opportunities.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:45 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If you want to bus dishes, roof houses, pick produce, mow lawns, etc., go for it.

Plenty of opportunities.
Yeah, and all of the good construction trade jobs such as dry walling and painting and worse, skilled trades such as electricians and plumbers. Those aren't low wage jobs "that Americans won't do" These people get fake papers and bam, they can get in.

This influx of people undercutting the wage system has been in place for 30 plus years and it's only hurt the lower people on the strata.. but no problem, lets bring in more and more and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies