Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 09:39 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
You do know that nazis are genocidal, right?
So are voters.

Your point?

Old 09-27-2017, 09:43 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
So are voters.

Your point?
That nazis are genocidal. They're actually a threat.

Your point?

Old 09-27-2017, 09:49 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
That nazis are genocidal. They're actually a threat.

Your point?
Holding views (Nazis) vs putting your views in action (voters).

Voters are more of a threat to me than Nazis. Now if the Nazis start to put their views in motion by initiating force on others or violating property rights then we have an issue.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:54 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,495 times
Quote:

Voters are more of a threat to me than Nazis. Now if the Nazis start to put their views in motion by initiating force on others or violating property rights then we have an issue.
Very well-stated.

Its amazing that so many people do not understand this simple concept.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Stupid dumb idiot black guy is going to go to prison for a felony. He is going to end up in prison like other dumb men for being too emotional which makes them do stupid stuff such as that. Don't get me wrong, I too would love to knock the hell out of the Nazi. Just ignore the dumb idoiotic Nazi and don't stoop down to his level.
Are you sure that's a black guy? Doesn't look like it to me. I've seen no story or any evidence that the puncher was black.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:21 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Agree with this. Anyone who claims or wants to be a Nazi in 2017 is a piece of trash.
I can only assume you know nothing about the Nazis. Be careful about reading propaganda.

Hitler didn't want to kill anyone, but did. Just as America doesn't want to kill anyone, but does. And I doubt Mao or Stalin wanted to kill anyone either.

The world is a complicated place.

There are two types of Nazis. There are hateful people, and there are nationalists. And when I say nationalists, I really mean tribalists.

For various reasons, the hateful Nazis have become the public face of not only Nazism, but even nationalism. So much so, that all nationalists are now called Nazis.

If we look more closely at the situation, the claim is that, if you don't want unlimited-immigration, and a border-less world, you are an evil racist Nazi.

The question that needs to be answered is, "Is nationalism a good thing?".

What is a nation? How many nations should there be in the world? Is America even a nation? Should it remain as one country?

Would we be happier if we were separated into groups of like-minded people, with a common culture and shared values?

Would there be less crime? And less hatred in that world? Then why don't we do it?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 09-28-2017 at 06:24 AM..

Old 09-28-2017, 05:44 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
Quote:
Holding views (Nazis) vs putting your views in action (voters).

>>>> Politicians are an even bigger threat than voters. We both have an issue with them, apparently.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:47 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
What is a nation? How many nations should there be in the world? Is America even a nation? Should it remain as one country?

Would we be happier if we were separated into groups of like-minded people, with a common culture and shared values?

Would there be less crime? And less hatred in that world? Then why don't we do it?
It's too complicated, individuals have their own ideas of culture and values. The groups would have to be quite small.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:29 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's too complicated, individuals have their own ideas of culture and values. The groups would have to be quite small.
I agree. My main complaint against the stormfront idiots, is that they think "white" means something.

The only thing white means, is not African or Asian(Native-Americans are a subgroup of Asian).

I tried to explain to them that, white-Europeans happily slaughtered each other by the tens of millions in WWI and WWII. And that any attempt to lump them together as a single cultural group, is just stupid.

The only reason they pretend "white" means something, or that they pretend to like each other, is because they feel threatened by these "others".

But, as soon as the others aren't there, they will go back to hating and disagreeing with each other, just as they have for hundreds or thousands of years.

Not that it really matters, because it is NEVER going to happen. The history of the world, is the consolidation of small into big. Short of a complete collapse, it never goes the other way.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No reason to attack ONE PERSON because of it.
But what if thousands are wearing the symbols, preaching Mein Kamph, etc?

Would then one feel justified? How about the children of CC survivors? Do they have the right?

I see a LOT of hypocrisy here. Many people claim it is OK to hurt someone who you sense is a threat to you. But they don't support "the other guy" (CC survivor, slavery survivor, etc.) doing the same?

The same people who often put forward the most violent words and programs.....then, all of a sudden, are scared of some Nazi taking a punch?

That's fantastic.

There is a line. My ancestors were all wiped out by the Nazis and their schemes. Same goes with many of my friends and contacts. Never Again.

You don't let a small infection turn into a large one. Better to lance it (violent)....and spread the salve on it. No, I'm not into killing these folks yet...but I could see building a few special jail cells for them and giving them short sentences...maybe with movies of the concentration camps, etc. playing on the wall full time.
I am in the same boat as you <bold> but have a very different view of this particular situation. You combat people like this one with shunning and making it clear how abhorrent his views are. Where violence or "lancing it" comes into play is when words are turned into actions/deeds or there is a credible threat to do so.

If there is a group of these types fomenting violence and/or vocalizing their beliefs while armed and able to commit violence then yes, it's time to wipe out the infection before it can harm anyone/anything.
Otherwise it's all talk and posturing and only grows by people giving them the attention they're seeking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.