Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:41 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,559,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't know......when are you picking me up?
If that is a yes, I will set it up for you. No problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 12:05 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, I know, but state hospitals were gruesome places to go, perhaps not all, but.....

We give so much money away, we need to start providing for these people, like someone said, we broke this kid and put him out on the street, to deal with his mental illness....after affecting his life in such a horrible way, so now a cop suffers....why? If he'd have killed his mother in her sleep, we wouldn't be having this conversation would we? We would probably not even know, he had a mental problem...

I find this all so disturbing? Even worse, that a cop has to suffer because of it. He will probably never be the same...

what people are too self imposed to understand anymore, is how our actions, affect others, in so many ways...people talk before they think, including myself...but they don't actually realize the situation unless the same exact situation happens to them, and it will never happen to them in the same exact way...

people are always ready to point fingers...at someone, including me....and I guess it's out of frustration, sadness....but it's not always the cops fault.

How many people have cops shot, who have had rap sheets a mile long, and yet, "oh he was a good boy", and the cops the bad guy. I'd love to see cops walk off their jobs, in some large city, just once and let people fend for themselves, oh, boy, would they be screaming for protection.
Current Medicaid facilities are gruesome as well. This is the real world in the US; If we don't see it, it doesn't exist. I understand why the US spends money internationally, but it's off topic for this thread.

The current state of LE is a mixed bag of assorted issues. The differences can be seen across adjoining counties. It's also an item to discuss in a long thread of its own. I've been to three LEO funerals in 2017 alone. As to good/bad cops, some jurisdictions have bad cops who shouldn't be on the force. I don't mean criminally bad, just they simply don't belong on the force. As I said, it is its own thread.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:14 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
That's first degree murder by that cop.

There was no need to approach him. The cops instigated the confrontation. They were the aggressors. Just get a net or wait him out.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:17 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,559,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post

There was no need to approach him. The cops instigated the confrontation. They were the aggressors. Just get a net or wait him out.
LOL, would that be a cast net or just one of those big ole nets they use on salt water fishing. That is hilarious.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:50 PM

2,309 posts, read 900,723 times
Quote:
I completely missed the attack. You must have a different video than I and the rest of the world.
You can see him walking towards the officer. The fact that he had a weapon is considered an attack.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:05 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
LOL, would that be a cast net or just one of those big ole nets they use on salt water fishing. That is hilarious.
I was thinking one of those snare nets from Batman, the type that fires from a grenade launcher... the one that has steel weights on all 4 corners that flail about and tangle the bad guy and conveniently knot around their ankles... and have a hook so you can string them up or tow them to the paddy wagon...

Shucks can't have those because militarized police force.

How about... if you value your life you do as you are told, and put the weapon down drop to your knees with both hands visible... no that's too much like common sense... that could never happen...

This person got what they wanted... however it's backfiring. Becoming a martyr for the cause...

Old 09-20-2017, 04:41 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
You can see him walking towards the officer. The fact that he had a weapon is considered an attack.
No it isn't.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
No it isn't.
Evidence? Think logically for a second, if a guy walks toward you with a weapon and refuse to obey orders, would that be considered a threat to your well being?

Old 09-20-2017, 08:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post

LOL, a net. It's so funny when the Coyote tries to make comments about police actions. You should stick to trying (failing) to catch the Road Runner.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
LOL, a net. It's so funny when the Coyote tries to make comments about police actions. You should stick to trying (failing) to catch the Road Runner.
I love your comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies