Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 01:30 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,381,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper100 View Post
This is the rumor anyway at Amazon, bump this thread if its right or even wrong when they make a decision.
You lost your bet already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 01:34 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,949 times
I can see Boston. Also wouldn't be surprised if it was SF... I've been noticing a few more Amazon jobs here (but could just be growth in some divisions).

Old 09-19-2017, 01:35 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I can see Boston. Also wouldn't be surprised if it was SF... I've been noticing a few more Amazon jobs here (but could just be growth in some divisions).
SF doesn't make sense since they are already on the west coast

How is the public mass transit in SF? Amazon said that is one of their priorities

Old 09-19-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
SF doesn't make sense since they are already on the west coast

How is the public mass transit in SF? Amazon said that is one of their priorities
Public transit is very good here (at least on par with other major cities). That's a good point that they're already on the West Coast though there is such a surplus of tech talent here I could see it making sense for them on that basis alone. Just a wild guess from me since I haven't been following this much.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:05 PM

5 posts, read 2,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
You lost your bet already
toronto is at the top of every list

Old 09-19-2017, 03:06 PM

Also what's the point of a 2nd HQ versus just another large office?

Old 09-19-2017, 03:17 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Interesting. Boston over NC. Guess Im weird. And tired of being above average in income but poor due to location in the high cost NE.
NC may have better housing prices and a more temperate climate, but for many millennials that's not nearly enough. Hence the problem attracting talent to the area.

For a time, NC had a reputation as a progressive southern state that worked hard to attract tech businesses.

Now the place is filling up with those on work visas. One neighbor who has the option of working at home or at the office says he usually works at home as the office is filling with those from India, etc. and the work atmosphere isn't as appealing to him as it used to be. Company said they just can't attract American talent.

Austin and Atlanta might be strong candidates. I just don't hear of people moving there for tech jobs. It's Boston that everyone talks about lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies