Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 08:55 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,458,940 times

Advertisements

Photoshopped? Like the navy seals humvee flying a Trump banner I posted up a long time ago and was told it was an obvious photoshop...

Doesn't look photoshopped... Looks like mudslides occurred due to water and lots of damage from wind kicking up debris and knocking down trees, and shanty buildings blown off of their foundation... Looks real to me...

Old 09-19-2017, 08:55 AM

51,573 posts, read 25,487,313 times
Lighten up, bozos.

OP is poking fun at the nitwits claiming this hurricane is a hoax.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:59 AM

15,435 posts, read 10,354,303 times
" Stooping to a new low, Trump declares emergency for Hurricane Maria "

New low???? This is a good thing! I hope the hurricane skirts around the islands, but it's looking scary.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,197,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Lighten up, bozos.

Yes, I think the thread was meant as parody, but it's so hard to tell these days.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:21 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,886,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Lighten up, bozos.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GotHereQuickAsICould again."

Yep, I was just making fun of those who claim everything they don't like to read or hear is only a hoax or "fake news," and then go on to further claim that media outlets they don't like are all either "failing" or losing the ratings war or whatever.

As one who studied climatology back in my college days, I am deeply disturbed by the continued evidence that climate scientists have been disconcertingly accurate in their predictions of what lies in wait for our planet if we continue to pretend that the human caused changes in our atmosphere (increased CO2, methane, etc.) will have no adverse impact on the only world we have. Reports of hurricanes are not "fake" as some here would like to claim. When I Googled Hurricane Maria this morning, I got endless hits and reports that had just come in within the last 12 hours to 12 minutes. How can anyone possibly post a thread here claiming that CNN was faking its hurricane coverage? If CNN was "faking" than so is every other media outlet both large and small, foreign and domestic. That's an awful lot of faking folks, hence my parody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Yes, I think the thread was meant as parody, but it's so hard to tell these days.
On this forum in particular its often difficult to believe that many of the posts here are for reals, but they actually are. It's spooky the stuff that people allow themselves to believe. My OP was a parody, but I forget how many here like to indulge in black and white thinking. Humor is largely wasted around this place. Oh well. Sic transit gloria mundi.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:38 AM

52,221 posts, read 33,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I honestly can't tell if this is a thread about Hurricane Maria, or just a rambling and disjointed personal meltdown about Trump.
well they certainly got the 'rambler' part down.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:36 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,886,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
well they certainly got the 'rambler' part down.
I love it when a man talks dirty to me. And "they" did indeed choose the nom de guerre "Rambler" for more reasons than one.

Petty differences aside, I just checked Google and they are expecting Puerto Rico, the American Virgin Islands and a number of other small Caribbean Countries to be hit with a Category 4 Hurricane with severe damage a high possibility. They'll have a better idea about Puerto Rico's fate in about another 24 hours.

Those poor people! All snarkiness aside, I'm sending good thoughts their way. Such a terrible, terrible shame and it's only going to get worse as each year passes with no real action to decrease carbon emissions.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:39 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,116,666 times
Hurricanes are a fact of life. Some hit land, some don't.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:45 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,594,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
According to Failing CNN, a hurricane warning from the NHC remains in effect for Guadeloupe, Dominica, St. Kitts, Nevis, and Montserrat, the US and British Virgin Islands as well as Puerto Rico, Culebra, and Vieques.

US President Donald Trump issued an emergency declaration for the US territory for federal assistance to augment the territory's storm-response initiatives. (Even YOUR so-called president is now in on this hoax).

The ferocity of Maria bears striking similarities to Hurricane Andrew, the Category 5 hurricane which hit the Bahamas and Florida in 1992, says CNN meteorologist Pedram Javaheri. Both storms are compact, and Maria's wind speed comes close to that of Hurricane Andrew -- 165 mph -- when it hit southern Florida.

The Failing Guardian also stooped to a new low by publishing pictures of the havoc wrecked by the hurricane on the island of Dominica. No doubt these were photoshopped (see for yourself below) by climate terrorists who hope to wrest control of Exxon Oil from US Secretary of Emoluments, Rex Tillerson.

DAMAGE(?) INFLICTED ON THE ISLAND OF DOMINICA

Not to be outdone, the usually staid Failing National Public Radio has leaped on the global climate terrorism bandwagon as well, stating: Hurricane Maria is barreling towards the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico as a "potentially catastrophic" Category 5 hurricane, and is forecast to approach the islands tonight and tomorrow. It has already caused reports of "widespread devastation" on the island of Dominica.

"Preparations to protect life and property should be rushed to completion," the National Hurricane Center stated in its advisory at 8:00 a.m. ET Tuesday, just two weeks after devastation in many of the same areas caused by Hurricane Irma.

Thank Dog that we still have InfoWars and Internet Gamesters' Chat Rooms to keep us honest in these wicked times.

GREAT POST

it was clear to me exactly what you are saying dont see why some are having trouble understanding it.
the crazies were claiming a hurricane hoax and the crazies were attacking CNN for it's weather story...
and your post has a little sport with their silly hoax claims etc.

btw
PR is closing its airports and putting people into shelters for may be the worst storm to hit them in modern history....

now that all seems real enough to me. I was in San Juan a little while back, things are hard enough in PR without this.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:49 PM

30,120 posts, read 23,504,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GotHereQuickAsICould again."

Yep, I was just making fun of those who claim everything they don't like to read or hear is only a hoax or "fake news," and then go on to further claim that media outlets they don't like are all either "failing" or losing the ratings war or whatever.

As one who studied climatology back in my college days, I am deeply disturbed by the continued evidence that climate scientists have been disconcertingly accurate in their predictions of what lies in wait for our planet if we continue to pretend that the human caused changes in our atmosphere (increased CO2, methane, etc.) will have no adverse impact on the only world we have. Reports of hurricanes are not "fake" as some here would like to claim. When I Googled Hurricane Maria this morning, I got endless hits and reports that had just come in within the last 12 hours to 12 minutes. How can anyone possibly post a thread here claiming that CNN was faking its hurricane coverage? If CNN was "faking" than so is every other media outlet both large and small, foreign and domestic. That's an awful lot of faking folks, hence my parody.

On this forum in particular its often difficult to believe that many of the posts here are for reals, but they actually are. It's spooky the stuff that people allow themselves to believe. My OP was a parody, but I forget how many here like to indulge in black and white thinking. Humor is largely wasted around this place. Oh well. Sic transit gloria mundi.
Except no:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...of-hurricanes/

As for that thread, what the poster was stating was that CNN was trying to hype up Maria as if it was going to hit FL when it's way too far out to know yet, for sure. But please, continue to put your own spin on it to try to explain whatever it was that you smashed out angrily on to your keyboard in the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies