Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 02:28 PM

9,447 posts, read 10,743,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
as to Rocket Man, the audience was the leadership in Russia and China. Not the boy king or diplomats in the room at the UN. Just a means of delivery to them.

it was to ask the leaders of Russia and China "are you sure you want to link your reputation and international standing to this 'Rocket Man'? We can still work together on many deals but do you want to lose that for this guy?"
I agree with this. Russia and China were the ones intended to hear this message. We put the world on notice that we will act to destroy the NK nuclear capabilities which are a direct threat to millions of our people. Trump is makin what looks to be a last ditch effort to get Russia and China to use all the leverage they have left to stop Kim and prevent a war. President trump is doing his job and trying to keep us safe and he is attempting to prevent war by getting more Russian and Chinese help on this. If they do not act to reign in Kim then war likely looms in the very near future. Trump may often be a bafoon but in this case he is doing the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 02:32 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,403,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Trump is right.

Rocket man needs to go, the nuclear way.
There are weapons we could use that are not nuclear devices, and it would be better if we utilize them instead if we have no other choice.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:33 PM

25,786 posts, read 16,419,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
When did they start launching missiles? And when did they launch subsequent ones? Let me know when you see a pattern.
We won't have to let you know when they've launched their last one.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,189,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The same speech could have been delivered by Hillary. The guy is a menace
Not true. Maddow interviewed Hillary last week and they spent quite a lot of time discussing NK. Hillary described in detail how she thought it should be handled and destroying or nuking NK was not on the list. She knows so much more than Trump about foreign policy--we keep forgetting that due to her constant demonization by the Trump crowd.

Trump is reckless and projects his own insecurity and need to feel powerful on the entire country. It is dangerous and, frankly, scary that he is so ready to attack countries the way he attacks people. By the time the cult realizes how dangerous this guy is, it will be too late. He loves 'his generals,' he loves military themed everything, he wants Kim Jung Un type parades, he wants a bigger defense budget, he wants wars to distract from those campaign promises he made.

Anyone who thinks we can afford all the military equipment and apparatus he needs for his ego, all the money we need for FEMA (hey storm season is only half over), plus build his dumb wall, fix our infrastructure is dreaming.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:40 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,227,369 times
i'm worried that he thinks he is being funny (? i guess? why else is he now doing this?) by calling kim jung un "rocket man", at least twice now that i know of. this is not funny to be teasing and taunting someone like him. it's not funny at all. if he was calling him that among his friends and family, fine, ok whatever. but he is tweeting it for the world to see and using the name in a UN speech? omg...

Old 09-19-2017, 02:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,432,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
as to Rocket Man, the audience was the leadership in Russia and China. Not the boy king or diplomats in the room at the UN. Just a means of delivery to them.

it was to ask the leaders of Russia and China "are you sure you want to link your reputation and international standing to this 'Rocket Man'? We can still work together on many deals but do you want to lose that for this guy?"
Incredibly puerile and not worthy of the office. Just like the man currently occupying same.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:41 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,182,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i'm worried that he thinks he is being funny (? i guess? why else is he now doing this?) by calling kim jung un "rocket man", at least twice now that i know of. this is not funny to be teasing and taunting someone like him. it's not funny at all. if he was calling him that among his friends and family, fine, ok whatever. but he is tweeting it for the world to see and using the name in a UN speech? omg...
Yeah. Kelly's response to trump going off script sums it up nicely.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:50 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,227,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I understand diplomacy with the likes of North Korea have not and probably will not work. But when you throw out serious threats with the world to hear that you will annihilate an entire country, that to me shows a level of insanity in Trump. Bully tactics like that is not something to be played on the world stage with a serious threat. Obviously if North Korea struck first then like Bush with 9/11 we would expect an immediate, harsh, and pointed response. Provocative missile shots over Japan is still a dangerous game and not necessarily war. Trump and his words put the world more at risk then if he just acted silent and deadly. And childish names like Rocket Man is just, well, childish.
i agree with all of this. you said it better than me.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:56 PM

9,447 posts, read 10,743,418 times
I think calling him rocket man and belittling him is not such a bad idea. It sends a message to those that deal with KIm that he should not be seen as a serious legitimate leader but as a dangerous joke of a dictator. I like it, rocket man he is.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:57 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,645,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If Bolton likes it you know its baaaad
https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/st...67836202602496
Not to mention that the standard of "best yet as president" is pretty low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies