Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 06:56 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm not sure you are keeping up with current events. Trump makes decisions all the time without consulting "those who are experienced." Those on his own team of advisors are constantly caught flat-footed and having to back track or explain that Trump didn't really mean what just said.

Sadly, you have been misinformed.

There are not "two or three other persons that also have the codes."

Though it unclear whether you mean these other persons can also launch nukes or whether these other persons are required before Trump can launch nukes, but both are incorrect.

Check your sources.

Although the president can make the decision to launch on his own, he can not carry out the actual launch on his own. The command has a long list of people it has to go down thru.

Can the president launch a nuclear strike on his own? | PBS NewsHour
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 06:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Taking credit for job growth is easy for Trump but not factual.

Volvo is finally finishing a plant here in Charlesotn SC area and going to hire 3,000 people and is now looking to expand more.

This all started years ago but the plant is not finished until Trump. You can't say Trump is responsible for this.....at all.

And this is just one example.

Any significant expansions in job sectors right now is still based on decisions form previous years. I'd say we will see the Trump effect in maybe a year.

But every President has done it. In that moment if it is good -- they take credit. Kind of silly to think 8 months in with no significant changes in policy -- would be responsible for any significant economic growth yet.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Lol, you admit that your first false claim is actually true.

Thread fail.
Actually, the OP was mistaken. There was no "years long" trend to increasing employment. At one time during the Obama administration, they had to change the way they measure unemployment to make it look as though Obama was doing some good. But we had the lowest labor participation rate in many decades, perhaps the lowest in US history.

Trump actually is increasing employment. Many jobs have been created. The Obamaites just can't stand the truth.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-20-2017 at 11:32 AM..

Old 09-20-2017, 07:02 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Happening now!
It was amazing and the left will twist their heads into the ground over it.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Actually, the OP was mistaken. There was no "years long" trend to increasing employment. At one time during the Obama administration, they had to change the way they measure unemployment to make it look as though Obama was doing some good. But we had the lowest labor participation rate in many decades, perhaps the lowest in US history.

Trump actually is increasing employment. Many jobs have been created. The Obamaites just can't stand the truth.
You can believe what you want -- and that's what Trump is counting on -- the refusal to really look at facts.

Volvo adding jobs by the thousands will have nothing to do with the policy of Trump...none of the jobs added in are area have anything to do with Trump and we have significant job growth in the area.

This area is not unique in that regard.

They have not changed the way labour stats are measured under Trump, so comparing Obama numbers to Trump numbers is okay. You are comparing the same kind of growth. But according to you, using Obama's method is inaccurate -- Trump shows even lower numbers in some months than Obama a year ago -- so are you saying it is even worse thant we thought. That Trump is creating even less jobs than we thought.

The other issue with labour participation rates. The baby boomers are retiring....this will significantly reduce the labour participation rate and has for some time.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-20-2017 at 11:33 AM..

Old 09-20-2017, 07:07 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
It was amazing and the left will twist their heads into the ground over it.
Because that is all that matters, let's run this thing right into the ground but as long as we troll the other side is fine.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Kind of silly to think 8 months in with no significant changes in policy -- would be responsible for any significant economic growth yet.
There have been a lot of significant changes in policy. Where do you get your "news?" MSNBC? CNN?

Old 09-20-2017, 07:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Talking Amazingly predictable UN speech by Trump

"I'm rough! I'm tough!"

"My rocket is bigger than Lil' Kim's!"

"I'm only talking to whatever remains of my base!"

"They swallow whatever I spoon up."

Old 09-20-2017, 07:18 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
"Thank God we have a president who stands for truth and is not afraid to speak truth to the whole world. President Donald J. Trump’s address today to the United Nations General Assembly may have been one of the best speeches ever given to that body. It made you proud to be an American. I hope you will join me in praying for this man, that God will guide and direct him. He reminded the world, “If the righteous many do not confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph.”
Assuming this is correct (and I don't know if it is,) it is truly pathetic that Trump receives such high praise for making a rehearsed speech that isn't chock full of lies. What a low bar we have set for the most important elected government official in the nation.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:19 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
FactCheck.org
Summary
In his first speech to the U.N. General Assembly, President Donald Trump reprised misleading talking points on everything from job growth to defense spending.

We’ve written about variations of some of these claims numerous times, but since these comments were made to a world audience, we are revisiting some of them. We also cover new claims the president made on foreign issues.
Trump boasted that “unemployment is at its lowest level in 16 years.” True, but it is a continuation of a years-long trend that predates his election.
So it is "true."

Trump did not say that is wasn't "a continuation of a years-long trend."

Quote:
Trump misleadingly claimed that “we have more people working in the United States today than ever before.” Since the population constantly increases, that’s not unusual. The employment-to-population ratio isn’t higher “than ever before” — it was higher every month between September 1985 and February 2009.
So that too is a "true" statement, we do have more people working.

Trump did not say the labor force participation rate was the higher “than ever before.”

Quote:
The president wrongly claimed companies are “moving back, creating job growth the likes of which our country has not seen in a very long time.” Jobs have been steadily increasing every month for years. In fact, the job gains have been fewer under Trump than they were during the same time frame in each of the previous four years.
Trump

The entire world now knows that
E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G this PATHOLOGICAL LIAR says is a LIE!
When Trump took office 152,081,000 people were employed, as of August, 153,576,000 people are employed. Whine and complain all you like, but we do have more people with jobs.

So all you did that entire time, was either make up statements Trump never uttered, or just distort what Trump said, and claim it wasn't true.

If Trump said "the sun came up this morning," you'd call him a liar, because the sun was stationary in space, and it was the rotation of the earth that made it appear as if the sun rose in the sky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies