Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2017, 11:12 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,065,672 times

Advertisements

Tomorrow is the date of the referendum of Kurds in Iraq on the issue of independence from Iraq
And the possibility of cancellation or cancellation
The referendum will be the beginning of important changes to the region
And its impact will be on the Arab presence in this region
I think this is the most important outcome of the referendum

Can this be repeated with the Turkish Kurds as well?
That the Turkish Kurds could join forces with the Iraqi Kurds
The map of the region will change
The Kurds will become an influential force
They will be a new Islamic nation

Old 09-24-2017, 05:28 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,615 times
Default I'm All for it....But....

I would love for the Kurds to get their homeland--there is little chance of that happening:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/21/w...ence-vote.html

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAsl2Ls?m=en-us

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAsneFE?m=en-us

Turkey is dead set against it..they say they will go to war to stop it..and they are not joking.

Despite the Kurds being our only allies in the war against ISIS...we will not support them against Turkey.

U.S. 'strongly opposes' Iraqi Kurdish independence vote: State Department | Reuters

We have stabbed the Kurds in the back numerous times in the past 30 years..this will just be one more.

If the Kurds got their own country in Iraq..the Syrian Kurds would join them. The large, oppressed Kurdish minority in Turkey would flee the country in an attempt to unite with their homeland, leaving Turkey without the menial laborers they want.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:51 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,800,144 times
The Kurds are fierce. If they don't get their own homeland, there will never be peace in that region.

I'm keeping them in my prayers.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:38 AM

I sure would like to see it happen--can you imagine..an Islamic State, right in the middle of everything..and loyal to the US?

Give them some major weapons..support them for UN membership...and every time someone in the area gets out of line..just lift the phone!

Old 09-24-2017, 11:03 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
There is no way the Turkish Kurdistan region will join Iraqi Kurdistan. No way. The Syrian Kurdistan region is slightly more realistic to join, but I still don't see it happening. I typically don't support any type of balkanization, but the Kurds in Iraq have proven they can be an oasis in a turbulent region. The Kurds have also shown they are committed to bringing in regional minorities and treating them equally. So, maybe it's not a bad idea. I respect the autonomous Kurds quite a bit, if they want to be their own country and they can do so peacefully with Iraq, then I wouldn't object (not that it would matter if I would..).

Old 09-26-2017, 06:43 PM

Well..no surprise..the vote passed...while Iraq voted to use force against the Kurds to keep them in Iraq..Turkey threatened to shut off the oil..and Iran closed off its airspace:

Kurdish leader claims 'yes' vote won independence poll - CNN

Despite the Kurds helping us on many occasions..we refuse to support them....Why they even talk to us is beyond me.

They should just take their arms..and walk away from ISIS...why should they die for our war on terror?

Old 09-26-2017, 06:45 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Tomorrow is the date of the referendum of Kurds in Iraq on the issue of independence from Iraq
And the possibility of cancellation or cancellation
The referendum will be the beginning of important changes to the region
And its impact will be on the Arab presence in this region
I think this is the most important outcome of the referendum

Can this be repeated with the Turkish Kurds as well?
That the Turkish Kurds could join forces with the Iraqi Kurds
The map of the region will change
The Kurds will become an influential force
They will be a new Islamic nation
I hope so, they Liberated themselves from Saddam, and then again from ISIS, they deserve a homeland they are willing to fight and die for it.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:35 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Well..no surprise..the vote passed...while Iraq voted to use force against the Kurds to keep them in Iraq..Turkey threatened to shut off the oil..and Iran closed off its airspace:

Kurdish leader claims 'yes' vote won independence poll - CNN

Despite the Kurds helping us on many occasions..we refuse to support them....Why they even talk to us is beyond me.

They should just take their arms..and walk away from ISIS...why should they die for our war on terror?
I don't disagree with your sentiment. However, the war on ISIS is a war on the enemy of the Kurds as well as what few actual peaceful, educated, intelligent people there are in the area. Our sacrifice time after time to defeat ISIS does far more to help the Kurds than it does for American citizens. I'm really tired of seeing your young men and women sacrificing their lives for the sake of other people around the world. At least the Kurds seem to be deserving of that sacrifice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies