Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 09:09 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
pro-growth job creating polcies = tax break for billionaires, increase pollution, defund public schools, roll back worker safety....
Lies, you sound like a disgruntled Marxist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 09:11 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post

1) prove me wrong
2) please define Marxism and define how I am one

or 3) Admit you have no idea what you're talking about on either point.

Last edited by Metsfan53; 09-21-2017 at 09:54 AM..

Old 09-21-2017, 09:40 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I'm still cracking up that Trader Joes is considered "yuppie" and/or sophisticated.
That's could you probably live in a bubble. There is not a single Trader Joe's in the entire state of West Virginia nor a single Whole Foods. The closest one to Charleston, the largest city is in Columbus, Ohio. The Baton Rouge area I believe has only one Whole Foods location and its located near the LSU campus which obviously is the most "yuppie" part of town (though as mentioned there are other very comfortable outlying suburbs). When I lived in the Baltimore area, on the East Coast, Trader Joe's and Starbucks were ALSO considered yuppie things. The blue collar communities in Baltimore County for example didn't have any of those.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:23 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
A new group of Moderate Democrats (not liberals) are running for office in 2018, supported by the Blue Dog (moderate) faction of the party. The Democratic party is not just a bunch of liberals, not matter what Fox says. Fox incorrectly calls all Democrats liberals.

Moderate Blue Dogs see new influence over Dem recruitment | TheHill

Blue Dogs believe their expanded seat at the Democratic campaigning table will help to broaden the party's appeal to include more moderate voters.

....Moderate Democrats in the Blue Dog Coalition are endorsing a slate of candidates Thursday in Republican-leaning districts, as they look to put their mark on the party’s 2018 midterm push.

.... Blue Dog value set of being independently-minded and putting their constituents above Party

Old 09-21-2017, 10:40 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
A new group of Moderate Democrats (not liberals) are running for office in 2018, supported by the Blue Dog (moderate) faction of the party. The Democratic party is not just a bunch of liberals, not matter what Fox says. Fox incorrectly calls all Democrats liberals.

Moderate Blue Dogs see new influence over Dem recruitment | TheHill

Blue Dogs believe their expanded seat at the Democratic campaigning table will help to broaden the party's appeal to include more moderate voters.

....Moderate Democrats in the Blue Dog Coalition are endorsing a slate of candidates Thursday in Republican-leaning districts, as they look to put their mark on the party’s 2018 midterm push.

.... Blue Dog value set of being independently-minded and putting their constituents above Party
Many of these blue dogs still cave to the national party on many issues, like they did on Obamacare, gay marriage, and illegal immigration. There are hardly any Democrats who do not support illegal immigration and legalizing the Dreamers who shouldn't be legalized. Many blue dogs claim to be pro-life but many still vote in favor of abortion and were okay with Obamacare mandating birth control and abortion coverage.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Many of these blue dogs still cave to the national party on many issues, like they did on Obamacare, gay marriage, and illegal immigration. There are hardly any Democrats who do not support illegal immigration and legalizing the Dreamers who shouldn't be legalized. Many blue dogs claim to be pro-life but many still vote in favor of abortion and were okay with Obamacare mandating birth control and abortion coverage.
Your argument is that the Bluedogs supported Obamacare, but that just isnt true.

Gov Track tracks ideology on votes, and as you can see fromt he chart and from membership in the Blue Dog Coaltion, they did not in fact all support Obamacare.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/111-2010/h165

To be clear, a vote for or against it does not make them beholden to the party. Voting with the party simply means they voted with the party.

Blue dogs are not independent centrist/moderates or people who sway in the wind . They have beliefs. Your post seems to argue that you have asigned them to all be anti immigrant , pro life, and based on the Obamacare vote, just against Democratic policies while having the (D) label. Again, not true.

Not all blue dogs are pro life , not all of them are against Dreamers( Most republicans are not against dreamers either for that matter)

Old 09-22-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Quote:
1) prove me wrong
2) please define Marxism and define how I am one

or 3) Admit you have no idea what you're talking about on either point.

still waiting....

Old 09-22-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
While Mitt Romney wasn't the most tactful in saying it, 47% of people do NOT pay any income tax at all. This includes the illegal immigrants, the ghetto base in places like Chicago, Detroit etc, and also the college graduates who majored in a useless degree like philosophy or art of sociology and are now working at Starbucks. While many hardworking, skilled people like coal miners, factory workers, mechanics, etc actually do make higher incomes than them and pay more taxes.
Quote:
so I assume it's def in your interest to give tax cuts to the guy who owns the mine at your expense? To allow him to provide you an unsafe workplace or deny you OT? It's in your best interest to vote against policies that benefit/create high paying jobs in good paying industries that provide work for many people to prop up a dying industry that employees less people than travel agents?
You do realize the illegal immigrant ploy is just a canard like gay marriage meant to rile you up into a frenzy to vote for the tax cuts for the mine owner. The people you are voting to give tax cuts to are the same ones than want and benefit from illegal immigrant labor. And last time I checked it wasn't the Mexican guy who cuts my lawn and has two other jobs that was caught up in the opioid epidemic.

I noticed this didn't get addressed at all....

Old 09-22-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What problem? Answer the effing question or leave the thread.
Quote:
The fact is I didn't answer b/c it's a glib question, but I'll indulge in this game for a bit.

Middle class is benefited by access to reasonable cost health-care, ability to keep more of their paycheck, access to education (college or vocational), access to clean air and water.
Where I would postulate that you and I differ is that I feel those are best achieved by crafting policies aimed directly at the middle class whereas GOP dogma is to allow the middle class to catch the crumbs falling out of the pockets of the 1%; somehow they tricked blue collar low/skill low/education voters that this is the way out of their present through phony culture wars like welfare queens, Acorn, BLM, gay marriage, etc.

noticed no snide response here either....

Old 09-22-2017, 10:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
you guys love bashing liberal arts degrees, huh? must suck to hate college grads so much. Go check out the unemployment and financial stats showing difference between having a simple undergrad degree vs none at all. Perhaps Cletus the third generation out of work coal miner should have read a little Sartre.

I love the not even veiled racism of saying the ghetto trash pay no taxes while lauding the coal miner and factory worker who do. I thought they were the ones who had no jobs thanks to Obama that Trump was gonna get employed ASAP? so do they have jobs and you guys lied about Obama? or do they not have jobs until Trump can allow the destruction of the environment and bringing down higher paying white collar jobs through trades wars to bring back coal and low skill factory jobs? If its the latter then they aren't paying taxes either, but that's ok, b/c they are "salt of the earth" types right?
That's right! Those are just good ole boys 'down on their luck' for a bit. It's ok if they take that government welfare.

But those ghettos? Naw. They are the cause of ALL our problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies