Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 12:39 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
California would thrive on its own. And Oregon and Washington and maybe Hawaii would eagerly join them. There are plenty of military facilities and personnel native to those states, to form a good defense system. They have excellent resources and seaports and are closest to Asia. They'd be known as the UPSA-----United Pacific States of America (pronounced "oops-ah".

And can you imagine how green they'd be? Wetlands and forests preserved and protected everywhere. Stringent vehicle and industrial emissions standards and alternate, non-polluting energy sources would prevail. College expenses would be paid by a government that recognized the value of skill and knowledge, for the well-being of everyone.

All connections to the political parties of the USA would be severed. Things like lobbyists and gerrymandering, would not be allowed and of course, universal, single-payer health and dental care for everyone. It would probably be necessary to ban all immigration from the USA and no tourism from there, either. Too many of them would try to stay illegally. Plenty of tourists would come from the rest of the world.

Maybe Alaska would see the great benefit and mellow-out in their politics, to also join. While they were at it, they might as well invite British Columbia to secede from Canada and become part of it. Guam and American Samoa might want to join, as a part of the State of Hawaii. Global warming, wanted or not, would open up the seaway through the Arctic Ocean and shipping from Alaska or Seattle to Northeastern Europe would become feasible. Russia wouldn't shy away from some big dollars and would probably open their northern seaports to UPSA shipping.

Most of the archaic baggage of the Eastern States left behind------how wonderful! Many of the enemies of the USA and those belligerent to it, might become UPSA allies.
Sounds great to this Washingtonian!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 10:48 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Sounds great to this Washingtonian!
Sounds great to me too - let all the left wing loons run their own communist state like they want to. Good luck on getting Alaska to sign up for that train wreck though. People in Alaska have brains.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:05 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I hope ICE focuses on California. Start removing all of these leftists who want to transform America.
So, you think that ICE should "remove" all U.S. citizens who hold political views different than yours?

Wow.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
So, you think that ICE should "remove" all U.S. citizens who hold political views different than yours?

Wow.
No, but they should self-deport since they hate half the country so much.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:08 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

Wow.
Talk about "transforming the country."

Old 10-23-2017, 01:26 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Trump should just increase Ice agents in sanctuary cities in California, and move some Border Patrol agents to some of these cities.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:54 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
According to new census data the median family income in LA is 61,000 and in Wichita 65,000.

https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/...prodType=table

Mortgage payment on a 3,500 square foot home would around 800 dollars in Wichita plus ultra-low property taxes. So, the median family can buy literally a mansion by LA standards in Wichita.

$228,000 in Wichita which could be bought with a 50,000 income with 3,500 square feet.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...049_rect/9_zm/

Even at twice the median family income in LA, someone looking to buy a house would have settle for bars on windows.

$695,000 in a marginal area of Los Angeles with bars on windows buys 1,000 square feet.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...51_rect/12_zm/
Why would anyone want to live in Wichita over CA??? There's more to life than a big house...i'd much prefer a place like CA over flyover country and I live in a flyover state of Ohio.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Why would anyone want to live in Wichita over CA??? There's more to life than a big house...i'd much prefer a place like CA over flyover country and I live in a flyover state of Ohio.
Go live there and find out like I did. Californians are the most intolerant snobs in the country.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:44 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Go live there and find out like I did. Californians are the most intolerant snobs in the country.

Let me guess. You had some kind of personal or financial set back and now it's all the fault of California. Heard these kind of stories hundreds of times.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Are the Inland Empire and San Joaquin Valley any better than Wichita?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies