Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 01:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

Amazing that the statehood issue brings out the latent xenophobia and racism from a large contingency of the Trump wing. The irony is, it's the Puerto Rico GOP that is pushing for statehood. But hey, Puerto Ricans, Mexican anchor babies, we're all just little brown people with a foreign tongue to them who are all criminals

Old 09-21-2017, 01:27 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
The International Olympic Committee is the supreme authority of the worldwide Olympic movement. It is an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Its mission is enshrined in the Olympic Charter: to support the development of competitive sport by ethical and environmentally sustainable means.

Belonging to the Olympic Movement requires compliance with the Olympic Charter and recognition by the IOC.

just like the NFL....a private organization......try again!
NFL=National Football League.
Olympics not a national event.
Try again

Old 09-21-2017, 01:34 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But hey, Puerto Ricans, Mexican anchor babies, we're all just little brown people with a foreign tongue to them who are all criminals
Another pet peeve of mine.

Most Puerto Ricans are white and most have always considered themselves white, bragging of their pure European origins. Puerto Ricans say that they are Spanish, French, and Italian descent, etc, and many of them are racist.

They become "brown" people of color when they want to play the race card and pretend to be discriminated minorities.

The identity politics games they play are ridiculous. They are American when it's convenient, and they are "people of color" when it's convenient.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:42 PM

1,196 posts, read 838,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post

Most Puerto Ricans are white and most have always considered themselves white, bragging of their pure European origins. Puerto Ricans say that they are Spanish, French, and Italian descent, etc, and many of them are racist.

They become "brown" people of color when they want to play the race card and pretend to be discriminated minorities.

The identity politics games they play are ridiculous. They are American when it's convenient, and they are "people of color" when it's convenient.
Hey Libs taught us Ricans how to get over to get our votes

Old 09-21-2017, 01:42 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:

quite so.

sometimes they'll even squeal about being called 'little brown people' despite the fact that no one called them 'little brown people'.

it's odd.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:56 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
NFL=National Football League.
Olympics not a national event.
Try again
Not only sovereign nations are included in the Olympics. Self governed territories are allowed representation if their country allows it (in this case the US allows it). The US allows its territories to have their own Olympic teams.

The US has allowed Puerto Rico to have an Olympics team since the US congress ratified Puerto Rico's constitution. If Puerto Rico gets statehood, their Olympic team will likely disappear. I doubt the US government will allow states to have their own Olympic teams.

Despite what anyone tries to say, Puerto Rico is not its own country. The majority of Puerto Rican's don't view themselves as their own country. They have US citizenship and if they come to the mainland they have complete equal rights. Go to any Puerto Rican government building and the US flag is there.

Puerto Rican's are Americans. Puerto Rican culture is an American culture.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:

I don't refer to myself as a white guy. Don't confuse what my grandparents generation did with us today. Much appreciated

Old 09-21-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
quite so.

sometimes they'll even squeal about being called 'little brown people' despite the fact that no one called them 'little brown people'.

it's odd.
When we're always roped in with the Mexican illegals on the street, that's how it is

Old 09-21-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Not only sovereign nations are included in the Olympics. Self governed territories are allowed representation if their country allows it (in this case the US allows it). The US allows its territories to have their own Olympic teams.

The US has allowed Puerto Rico to have an Olympics team since the US congress ratified Puerto Rico's constitution. If Puerto Rico gets statehood, their Olympic team will likely disappear. I doubt the US government will allow states to have their own Olympic teams.

Despite what anyone tries to say, Puerto Rico is not its own country. The majority of Puerto Rican's don't view themselves as their own country. They have US citizenship and if they come to the mainland they have complete equal rights. Go to any Puerto Rican government building and the US flag is there.

Puerto Rican's are Americans. Puerto Rican culture is an American culture.
Yes thank you. Besides, the resident commissioner in DC always speaks English. So, it's not like we're expecting all these English nativists to all start learning Spanish for frig's sake if you're allergic to Spanish, don't visit PR. Problem solved. Stay in your Lily white towns

Old 09-21-2017, 02:21 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I don't refer to myself as a white guy. Don't confuse what my grandparents generation did with us today. Much appreciated
Are you brown at all? Are you a "person of color"? Are you a non-white minority?

Be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies