Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 10:23 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,658,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have to agree to disagree.

In this case, I think this lady only has herself to blame.

And that MIGHT be true.....however, the general rule is that blacks are rarely given the benefit of the doubt. You see it all the time in police shootings. When you read the comments black claims get dismissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 10:27 AM

39,014 posts, read 27,402,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And that MIGHT be true.....however, the general rule is that blacks are rarely given the benefit of the doubt. You see it all the time in police shootings. When you read the comments black claims get dismissed.
True and it is sad.

How do we change it though?

off topic here, I personally believe black and white people created American culture together. But now SOME white and black fight like dogs and cats. It is such a tragedy. Once united, this country will be unbreakable.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:28 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,629,268 times
Quote:
That is not true. The dog is a service dog that has been trained to assist him.

The restaurant owner allowed the dog in, no "extra noise" is necessary or required after that.
There is no question about it being a Service Dog, It is it's usage that is in question. If this dog is going to be seen as a medical device then treat it as such. Per his (Vet) own interview this medical device was for home use. Thus there was no need for this medical device to be there. The restaurant owner allowing the dog in does not automatically make it a Service Dog as it did not meet the ADA criteria to be there.

https://www.franchising.com/articles...e_animals.html

Old 09-22-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
There is no question about it being a Service Dog, It is it's usage that is in question. If this dog is going to be seen as a medical device then treat it as such. Per his (Vet) own interview this medical device was for home use. Thus there was no need for this medical device to be there. The restaurant owner allowing the dog in does not automatically make it a Service Dog as it did not meet the ADA criteria to be there.

https://www.franchising.com/articles...e_animals.html
You got a point there.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:39 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,658,094 times
Quote:
True and it is sad.

How do we change it though?

off topic here, I personally believe black and white people created American culture together. But now SOME white and black fight like dogs and cats. It is such a tragedy. Once united, this country will be unbreakable.
Well....if a women is rapped by a man and a child is produced from the rape........you can say that they made the child "together"....but that would really be a disservice to what really happened.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Well....if a women is rapped by a man and a child is produced from the rape........you can say that they made the child "together"....but that would really be a disservice to what really happened.
and your solution is what? Kill the man?

They still should take care of the child, no?

Old 09-22-2017, 11:05 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,735,644 times
Like it or not the law states that service dogs are allowed in public places. That wack job women with the all about me entitled mentality was wrong. I would have called the police on her. Who is she to dictate to anyone who should and shouldn't be allowed in another persons business? What a classless piece of crap.

(Any trolls show up to add the obligatory Lib this Lib that comment? Sorry I'm too hungry to read the whole thread and it's lunch time.)

Old 09-22-2017, 11:23 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,804,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the screeching woman certainly seems to feel entitled to her victim mentality.
Exactly! Where in the world does she get the idea HER opinion justifies behaving that way?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 09-22-2017 at 11:33 AM..

Old 09-22-2017, 11:33 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,804,639 times
Quote:
Nope....that women behaved exactly like my wife would have.....and no....she (my wife) does not act like that at home. Like I said....everyone has different triggers. Your trigger might be something that would not set her off and she would look at your response the way you are looking at hers.
If your wife would behave that way over the "issue" of a dog in a restaurant, then God bless you, because if I would NEVER be with someone like that. It astounds me what people allow themselves to get worked up over.

Germs? I'm sorry, but ANY public place, including a restaurant, is full of germs, relatively speaking, no matter how clean they may be. Is this a big surprise? Germs are everywhere. Considering the poor level of cleanliness in some restaurants, that woman might have a much better reason to start screaming like a lunatic over the level of hygiene in that restaurant's restrooms or even the kitchen.

Besides, that dog is probably cleaner than a lot of people are. I work with the public as a government employee, so I know what I'm talking about.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:44 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,685,199 times
If we're going to assign blame here, I would start with the restaurant staff.

As much as I love dogs, I wouldn't want my dog's butt in my face when I'm eating. Also, many people are afraid of dogs, even small ones. The staff should have re-seated whichever party was most amenable to moving.

What's up with the staff (and others) screaming at the woman? The owner/manager should have nipped that in the bud right away. Yes, she was freaking out, but that wasn't the way to defuse the situation.

I'm on the fence about whether or not I would have offered to pay for her meal. She had a legitimate complaint, yet I wouldn't want to set an example for unethical citizens around the country to go postal in restaurants in order to get a free meal.

My hat's off to the vet and his dog for remaining calm throughout the whole affair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies