Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:09 PM

1,229 posts, read 858,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The hygiene issue is really a non-issue. Unless the dog is shaking hairs all over the place, or pooping on the carpet, it’s not going to make anyone sick. I will make one exception, (if the person is allergic to the dogs) but it looks like it is not this woman's issue, she just found the dog nasty. Nasty in what way? No way of knowing.

The main reason that most restaurants don’t want dogs inside is because of behaviour, especially when you get more than one dog and they start barking or trying to play with each other, Or worse, fighting.

Service dogs will not have that kind of problem because they are better trained. Looks at that cute dog in op.
That is the definition of a service dog.

She does have the right to voice her opinion. She has no right to push the dog (did she push the dog?I don't know.) She is too loud and aggressive to be considered "civilized".

Yes beautiful.....

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Many, many dogs and cats out there that are cleaner, better behaved, better companions, and who I'd rather sit next to during a meal, as opposed to the average dope who walks into your neighborhood Denny's.

These veterans who have been injured and traumatized by the horrors of war should be able to take their qualified service/therapy animals with them anywhere in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 11:11 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Yes beautiful.....

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Many, many dogs and cats out there that are cleaner, better behaved, better companions, and who I'd rather sit next to during a meal, as opposed to the average dope who walks into your neighborhood Denny's.

These veterans who have been injured and traumatized by the horrors of war should be able to take their qualified service/therapy animals with them anywhere in the country.
Yes. and they should never be viewed as weak.

It takes a lot of courage to ask for help, even from a service dog.

My friend couldn't even ask me to babysit!!! I am like, "what do you think I am? I am your friend, damn it."

Once a warrior, always a warrior. Take the service dog (keywords: service dog, not just any dogs) to the restaurant, enjoy your life.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:20 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,048,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
well if it's ok to knock out a guy for wearing a Nazi arm band then someone certainly should have knocked out that moron
>>>> That whole event was most likely staged. It just doesn't pass the smell test. Fake Nazi gets punched out by fascist.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:08 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

"Good enough" for you? When asked to leave, she left almost immediately? Really? Someone displays aggression in a public place, and WE need to "move on?" Obviously, we all have our standards.

That dame, who apparently thought she wandered onto the Jerry Springer Show, said that she pushed the dog. And given her raucous and confrontational ranting about the poor animal, I have no reason to believe she was lying.

Gimmeabreak.
If that was my dog or any pet for that matter that she put her hands on, I would have knocked her out instantly, it would have been an automatic reaction.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Yes beautiful.....

I agree 100%

Old 09-21-2017, 08:17 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Lol...if she'd been my date I'd have paid for his meal and let her walk home.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lol...if she'd been my date I'd have paid for his meal and let her walk home.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:20 AM

995 posts, read 1,694,652 times
People ordering "emotional support animal" vests online are ruining it for people who genuinely need service dogs. Personally, I get a pit peed off when I see people walking around with their "service dogs" in hospitals and restaurants.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:24 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
People ordering "emotional support animal" vests online are ruining it for people who genuinely need service dogs. Personally, I get a pit peed off when I see people walking around with their "service dogs" in hospitals and restaurants.
I agree with the bold.

In my humble opinion, the service dog owner should always show prove that the dog is a genuine service dog. This will eliminate a lot of problems.

I have several dogs and I don't take them to the restaurants because they are not service dogs, and I am not the type of person who cannot be separated from my dogs. Heck, if somebody are allergic to my nephews, I won't take them. LOL But there are disabled people who really need their service dogs, I am sure most people understand this.

The only person who seems to have an astonishing sense of entitlement is the woman. She is louder than the loudest Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4, just not as classy.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:26 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with the bold.

In my humble opinion, the service dog owner should always show prove that the dog is a genuine service dog. This will eliminate a lot of problems.
Exactly. Unfortunately you can get a cert saying you have a support animal online very cheap. I was at Home Depot a while back and a lady had what was supposedly a support animal. The dog went over and peed in a potted plant in the garden section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies